Waist high boots

maninboots

Well, I think those boots are GREAT....Kind of a mixture between waders and stiletto boots, love both styles...  But, no, I have no experience with this style even though I wish I did...  Unfortunately, I would think that boots like these would have to be custom fit to your legs, or they might be uncomfortable....This probably will result in a big price tag.   So, I guess if you find an affordable pair, you must be willing to take a risk unless they are returnable....

On 2/21/2020 at 5:38 AM, pebblesf said:

Well, I think those boots are GREAT....Kind of a mixture between waders and stiletto boots, love both styles...  But, no, I have no experience with this style even though I wish I did...  Unfortunately, I would think that boots like these would have to be custom fit to your legs, or they might be uncomfortable....This probably will result in a big price tag.   So, I guess if you find an affordable pair, you must be willing to take a risk unless they are returnable....

Pebbles, you have sparked an idea - high heel waders! What a concept! Probably should be wedges...

Yep, I’m a fisherman. Or, I allege to be. That said, a majority of the fish in the northwest US are laughing heartily as I write this.

Logjam

• Like 3

On 2/22/2020 at 3:36 PM, mlroseplant said:

All joking aside, these are a fetish item. Would you really wear these things on a regular basis? I doubt it. Treat the investment accordingly.

Yeah good point, seen one of little mix in a pink pair and Kendal Jenner has a pair in the orange but weather i could wear them out shopping or even for a coffee is another matter 

On 2/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, Logjam said:

Pebbles, you have sparked an idea - high heel waders! What a concept! Probably should be wedges...

Yep, I’m a fisherman. Or, I allege to be. That said, a majority of the fish in the northwest US are laughing heartily as I write this.

Logjam

I'm not laughing Logjam, I have often thought of rubber high heel boots...Best of both worlds, classic nice fitting waders with a manageable heel...

Ultimately there are combined boots and trousers/pants such as: https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/tamar-mellon

I've seen others in leather throughout (possibly synthetic leather) but can't find the links at the moment..

i think there was a complete "boot suit" in the past made by Atomage. All the way from boots up to the neck. Effectively a cat suit with intgerated boots.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I'm not laughing Logjam, I have often thought of rubber high heel boots...Best of both worlds, classic nice fitting waders with a manageable heel...

5 hours ago, at9 said:

Ultimately there are combined boots and trousers/pants such as: https://www.trendhunter.com/trends/tamar-mellon

I've seen others in leather throughout (possibly synthetic leather) but can't find the links at the moment..

i think there was a complete "boot suit" in the past made by Atomage. All the way from boots up to the neck. Effectively a cat suit with intgerated boots.

I'm not sure about truly waterproof thigh-length waders with a heel, but knee-length heeled wellies are certainly available, as the black 'Hunters' below.   I suppose they are a neat idea when genuinely wading as they allow a few extra inches of water to be safely navigated!   

There is also a Polish manufacturer (https://www.fashion-style.com.pl/en/) who offers a very large range of latex footwear and clothing, including many styles of thigh-length boots,  such as the red stiletto pair and the slightly more practical chunky-heeled stripey pair both pictured below.   There are some boot/trouser combos too.   Being latex, they should be good for some careful wading!

image.png.e4735f8476b71c13fbe5826bad497dbf.png                                                    image.thumb.png.a756c074f9dfeaa42cb322c83e56443d.png                    image.thumb.png.76e301bb3a8776ff6ab5dad40d811b9a.png

• Like 1

As a fisherman who has waded through many streams in search of salmon and steelhead, you would kill yourself wading in heels. Imaging trying to stand on slippery round rocks in fast moving water. Or in sandy beds where your heel sinks in like a stiletto  does when you walk across a very wet lawn. 

Edited by Cali

10 hours ago, Cali said:

As a fisherman who has waded through many streams in search of salmon and steelhead, you would kill yourself wading in heels. Imaging trying to stand on slippery round rocks in fast moving water. Or in sandy beds where your heel sinks in like a stiletto  does when you walk across a very went lawn. 

You are of course right.   I wasn't advocating wearing 'heeled waders' (despite suggesting that they would allow wading in deeper water!) but just identifying that they do exist.   Caveat emptor.

There is some very bad flooding in several parts of the UK at present, with many homes and businesses inundated and people forced to abandon them.   In all the media coverage, I have yet to see more than a couple of people wearing boots above knee-high (which are often quite inadequate for negotiating flooded streets etc) and I imagine that such supplies as exist are in great demand. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...