It's a start

keels

I have been able to wear some of the women's lug sole shoes at will as they are an "ambidextrous" in appearance oxford.  My best has been the hidden heel high-top AirWalk canvas athletic shoes.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

9 hours ago, keels said:

Here they are.

My very 1st foray into wearing womens shoes in public was a pair of womens loafers very much like these, the other being keds. I remember being nervous as hell the 1st time, even though they could easily pass as mens wear...

My wife has an interesting hangup in that if it's labeled "Women's size 9" she doesn't like it. If the same exact thing were labeled "Men's size 7" it would be ok. So when you say, "My wife allows me to wear women's loafers," a year ago I would have said, "Why did you bother to tell her in the first place? She would never know."

In the present day, I think I have answered my own question in that it's the idea she's getting used to. When I bought my young son a very nice pair of dress shoes (low heeled) for a very nice price, she could not really argue with the fact that it was smarter to go the women's shoes route rather than the boys' shoes route. I think a lot of it is simply the perception, rather than the reality. Just because something is labeled "women's" doesn't fundamentally change what it is. A lot of women (and men) ain't figured this out yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

My wife has an interesting hangup in that if it's labeled "Women's size 9" she doesn't like it. If the same exact thing were labeled "Men's size 7" it would be ok. So when you say, "My wife allows me to wear women's loafers," a year ago I would have said, "Why did you bother to tell her in the first place? She would never know."

In the present day, I think I have answered my own question in that it's the idea she's getting used to. When I bought my young son a very nice pair of dress shoes (low heeled) for a very nice price, she could not really argue with the fact that it was smarter to go the women's shoes route rather than the boys' shoes route. I think a lot of it is simply the perception, rather than the reality. Just because something is labeled "women's" doesn't fundamentally change what it is. A lot of women (and men) ain't figured this out yet.

I think we should drop the men’s and women’s labels and class everything as unisex, at the end of the day we’ve all proved on here that we don’t need labels 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Except women - in choosing their own clothes and shoes - couldn't are less if they come from the men's rack

• Like 1