Do Heels Make You a Better Person?

mlroseplant

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I tend to follow the "compliment, then walk away" method. Hasn't failed me yet.

This has worked for me too.  Too many times to mention.

Often times, it results in more conversation too.  But that's not the outcome I'm attached to.  

Best cases, girls have offered to let me wear their heels.  Some have even given me their heels to keep (yes, it's true).  

Anyway....on topic with the thread, my personality in heels depends on the context.  If going out at night, I'm way more flirty.  If daytime, I just feel a strong sense of self esteem. 

Ultimately, for fashion, I do what's good for myself, not others.  This in turn gives me more "self esteem".

EDIT: I'm at a coffee shop right now.  In Brooklyn (still can't believe how long it took me to discover how much fun BK is).  There's a blonde sitting at the front of the shop in a denim blue top, black denim, red earrings, and black block heel ankle boots.  It looks great.  My compliment to her if it strikes me when I leave will be "I love your color palette! The denim blue and black looks great on you"

DOUBLE EDIT: I just asked her to take my photo, since I was wearing heels.  She smiled and happily obliged.  Sadly, the pic didn't turn out well enough to share it here.  

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

The driveby compliments works both ways. I give many of my compliments this way, mainly because we are walking in different directions.  I get many of my compliments from men in this fashion. Today I guy pass me on his bike and by the time I hear "I like your jacket" he was already far way.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:16 AM, Cali said:

The driveby compliments works both ways. I give many of my compliments this way, mainly because we are walking in different directions.  I get many of my compliments from men in this fashion. Today I guy pass me on his bike and by the time I hear "I like your jacket" he was already far way.

We won't talk about the antithesis to this, the driveby insults. Haven't had that happen for quite a while, thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...

Do Heels make me a better person?  To best answer this question the best way I look at it is I will wear a pair of my heels (pumps or boots) when I go out to dinner with my family or my daughter and she knows that my disposition and general behavior is much more reserved and relax.  I don't know what it is, but I feel better if I am wearing heels out to do certain errands and such.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DProud2700 said:

I don't know what it is, but I feel better if I am wearing heels out to do certain errands and such.

I can certainly appreciate that. It's always a struggle for me between convenience and desire. It's certainly much more convenient and efficient if I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work, wearing my construction clothes, but I rarely do it unless very pressed for time. I would rather go home, clean up, put on some halfway nice clothes (with heels, of course), and then go to the grocery store or wherever. Going somewhere in heels is almost always better than going somewhere in flats, but I won't just throw on some heels without first making myself otherwise presentable. Not only do I feel better in heels, I look better, too!

• Thanks 1

I appreciate the look god by dressing better, but for me heels are simply everyday wear. I have no problem wearing heels even dressed down. Admittedly I'm normally in some more worn heels in those cases.

22 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I appreciate the look god by dressing better, but for me heels are simply everyday wear. I have no problem wearing heels even dressed down. Admittedly I'm normally in some more worn heels in those cases.

You are the exception to every high heeled fashion rule I've ever formulated in my mind. How you get by with it, I don't know, but it works for you. I can't do it, that's for sure!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

After last night's experience (you can read about it in "The High Heeled Ruminations of Melrose Plant," my regular thread), I will be trying my very best not to be pissy anymore. It's becoming very difficult these days. Maybe I should get a t-shirt that says, "Stay calm and wear heels."

Edit: Funny how the mind works sometimes. I just ordered such a shirt!

• Like 1

It is quite the unprecedented year so I think any form of humour will do wonders for the soul. THis pandemic has caused many peoples' arc of mobility to shrink quite a bit and look inward toward family and our own imagination. There's no question heels are part of my identity and make me a better person. Native American beliefs help guide my understanding of the interaction of the human, animal, and plant kingdoms and being acutely aware of the X and Y of my my own body gives me focus on the world in general. Heels are part of the transformation and expression of my being so it gives me great joy. Apparently it also gives encouragement to others as well. I am very content with that. ☺️  HinH

• Like 1