Do Heels Make You a Better Person?

mlroseplant

I was in the grocery store the other day, in my work clothes. Normally, if I have to visit the grocery store, I will go home, shower, change my clothes to something halfway decent, put on some cute heels, and then go to the store. However, on this particular day, I was in a big hurry and didn't have time to do all that.

At this particular store, they always ask you if you managed to find everything you wished to purchase. It drives me slightly crazy, but I know they're instructed to ask that, so I gave up giving a smart answer years ago, and in any case, the smart answers were usually completely lost on the mostly kids who work there. Anyway, on that day, standing there in my work clothes, the cashier asked me, and I just grunted something in reply. As I was walking away, I realized that when I come there in heels, or anywhere really, I'm a much more pleasant person. I smile more, have a nicer tone to my voice, and little things bother me less.

Does anybody else experience this as well? I'd like to hear about your experiences.

• Like 2

I can’t say that wearing heels makes me a better person per say, but I am happier when in heels because I am being myself?

This particular scenario sounds though like outside factors were at play. Yes, you weren’t in heels, but you were in a rush, and something caused you to be in a rush. So some outside force wasn’t letting you enjoy your time in the store, regardless of heels being worn?

Yes ,being in a rush changes the  behavior 

To answer the real question I think I am a better person when wearing heels  

1/ I feel better

2/ compensatory to what could considered as weird for a man,I pay more attention to my behavior and try to be more polite  

3/ a boring task could become an acceptable one because focusing on how I walk for example 

• Like 1

Are you saying "All the world is a stage? "

In my profession, I know I'm an actor, I need to be entertaining and informative. I use the phrase "Show time" all the time because I tell a different story several times a day.

Now to answer the question. Yes, because ....

• Like 1

When I notice someone sees my heels I try to initiate a friendly greeting as soon as possible. That seems to take the edge off any awkwardness they may feel about  me wearing heels. It works for me most of the time...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Yes ,being in a rush changes the  behavior 

6 hours ago, 5150PLB1 said:

Wearing heels is part of your costume like an actress's. Your personality changes to suit the character you are playing.

Agree with both the above 

• Like 1

I suddenly had a memory from long ago, when I was in my early 20s, a male friend and I were taking one of those magazine surveys that was something to the effect of "What kind of girl is right for you?" I don't know why I just thought of this after all these years, but one of the questions was, "Do you prefer a girl in high heels or sneakers?" Of course I said "high heels" without even thinking about it, but then my friend argued with me.

He said, "Yeah, yeah, but the problem with that is, all the chicks I know who wear high heels always complain about how much their feet hurt. Would you really want to put up with that for the rest of your life?"

At the time, I couldn't really argue with that logic, but it tends to dispute my assertion that high heels improve one's personality. Even then I figured there must be a way to wear heels all the time without it making you miserable, especially when heels at the time just simply weren't all that high. Piece of cake! However, it does seem that 95% of the women do bitch about their heels, so my assertion might only apply to some very special people--like us.

• Like 1

Interesting comment.  When I first started dating my wife, she didn't wear heels at all (age 16 at the time).  After I expressed my preference for her to wear heels, she obliged me regularly after that.  She did offer some complaints at first, after a while, she never really complained about wearing heels unless she had been on her feet or walking for a long time - which is certainly understandable.  So I have to say not every woman "always complained how much their feet hurt".  If she hadn't suffered some issues which negatively impacted her mobility, it is likely that she'd still be wearing them, at least occasionally, today.  She did, however, have issues with bunions, etc. which, while I'm sure the heels exacerbated, were likely more hereditary, as both her grandfather and mother had similar foot problems, and neither wore much in the way of heels (or at least I doubt that her grandfather wore heels...lol).  

• Like 2

On one hand, I wouldn't go as far to say that they literally make me a better person, because inside all the clothes I am still the same person.  But one of my favourite quotes from Mark Twain is "clothes make the man, naked people have little or influence on society."  

I also like to say that "life is a runway".  The added consciousness in making the choice to wear heels, or any other fashion choice really, does seem to affect my overall consciousness about how I interact with the world around me.  I seem to notice other people and their emotions more, and am more inclined to address them.  And indeed, relating to other people and how they are feeling seems to be a key component in being nice.  It's fair to say that I've become more social since I've started wearing heels, and it feels really good, because I am naturally a bit of an introvert.  

• Like 2

Heels do not make me a better person, but I feel better in myself when I am wearing them, do not understand what is going on as I cannot get rid of this quote thing

Maybe this is better, seems the quote bit has disappeared, Heels do not make me a better person, but will admit I feel a lot better when I am in them.

• Like 3

life is not a rehearsal

I doubt if wearing heels, or anything else, makes anyone a better person, but being open, at ease, expressive and comfortable in yourself will certainly allow for a greater generosity of spirit, and a fuller expression of those good qualities that are already there

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I doubt if wearing heels, or anything else, makes anyone a better person, but being open, at ease, expressive and comfortable in yourself will certainly allow for a greater generosity of spirit, and a fuller expression of those good qualities that are already there

You understand, of course, that the title of this thread is a bit of hyperbole for the sake of.  .  . fun, I guess. I do tend to spin a yarn every now and then.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Agreed!

Well.....  I'm a pretty nice guy already - at least that's what I (and my kids - sometimes) tell myself regularly - the wife not so much.  ha ha   

Wearing heels make me just that much more of a better person, according to me.  Plus it's fun and I really enjoy being out in heels and gals shoes.  

It's just me.....   Have fun all      sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Don’t think wearing heels makes me a better person, if I’ve had a bad day i like to turn to my heels to bring my moods back up so from that point i feel better for wearing heels but I’m generally not a bad guy anyway 

• Haha 1

I sort of contradicted yourself. You say you feel better by wearing heels after a bad day. I can't believe you're not a better person when in a good mood as opposed to in a bad mood, if you aren't them you would be a one of a kind.

Seeing a great looking female wearing knee high 4 inch stiletto heels with grey leggings with shorter winter wool coat at costco the other day.  Wanted to tell her she looked great in them but instead glared upon her passing by with my cart  minding my business. Only because something i like and even want to wear myself i have second thoughts in opening my mouth to give out genuine compliment. Been observing woman in particular for months, never seen any in heels for long period of time going shopping etc.. Did find her very attractive and the heels just raised the bar and other things much more. While i try to stay subtle even jaded upon woman styles i couldn't stop glaring upon her heels and legs. She had the winning combination i adore tight fitting leggings printed in grey scheme in cotton or wool fabric perfect for winter. Added with knee high snakeskin boots but thin stiletto heels which complimented her lean tone legs looking marvelous.  

Suppose the spike heel boots came as pleasant shocking surprise to me. Thinking if i were to compliment her she would take it entirely wrong manner believing i'm perverted or way to interested in her more then just enjoying her great sexy appearance. So i stayed mute, yet knew she glanced upon me knowing i had my eyes on her slim legs, tight bum, and killer heel boots. Could see she knew i was looking and therefore her style was successful in gathering my attention.  Don't know if she just noticed my shiny black Moncler puffy jacket and found it stylish herself.  Feel it would be to awkward for me to make a comment of her heel boots, telling her "loving it" while she was bending over the frozen chicken wings.  Later on, in the store noticed one other lady in heels yet much older and heavier. Felt the winter months kept many woman stopped wearing heels, so they decided to put them on to feel better or sexier than plain flats they often wear. Rarely see woman shopping in heels no matter the time of year guess they find it overdoing it or less comfortable for the surroundings. 

Feel if i did compliment the first attractive  woman i seen at costco it would make her feel good although doubt she needs any encouragement to look sexy or has self doubts about her beauty. Would make me feel better that if i communicated a compliment even though it may of came out awkward or to forward. Either way heels do make people feel better ones who observe others wearing it knowing it makes a statement we care how we look or style ourselves from mundane boring flat bottom shoes styles.

At the time wasn't wearing any heels just flat uggs in skinny jeans. So any compliment given by me, woman wouldn't assume i like there heels for myself which would come as a shock or joke to them if i mentioned it.  Regretting not wearing heel booties myself who knew i would encounter few woman in the store wearing heels.  It may have changed my persona slightly observing the woman maybe smiling at her noticing both our stylish outfits

spacer.png

Edited by MackyHeels

13 hours ago, MackyHeels said:

Seeing a great looking female wearing knee high 4 inch stiletto heels with grey leggings with shorter winter wool coat at costco the other day.  Wanted to tell her she looked great in them but instead glared upon her passing by with my cart  minding my business. Only because something i like and even want to wear myself i have second thoughts in opening my mouth to give out genuine compliment. Been observing woman in particular for months, never seen any in heels for long period of time going shopping etc.. Did find her very attractive and the heels just raised the bar and other things much more. While i try to stay subtle even jaded upon woman styles i couldn't stop glaring upon her heels and legs. She had the winning combination i adore tight fitting leggings printed in grey scheme in cotton or wool fabric perfect for winter. Added with knee high snakeskin boots but thin stiletto heels which complimented her lean tone legs looking marvelous.  

Suppose the spike heel boots came as pleasant shocking surprise to me. Thinking if i were to compliment her she would take it entirely wrong manner believing i'm perverted or way to interested in her more then just enjoying her great sexy appearance. So i stayed mute, yet knew she glanced upon me knowing i had my eyes on her slim legs, tight bum, and killer heel boots. Could see she knew i was looking and therefore her style was successful in gathering my attention.  Don't know if she just noticed my shiny black Moncler puffy jacket and found it stylish herself.  Feel it would be to awkward for me to make a comment of her heel boots, telling her "loving it" while she was bending over the frozen chicken wings.  Later on, in the store noticed one other lady in heels yet much older and heavier. Felt the winter months kept many woman stopped wearing heels, so they decided to put them on to feel better or sexier than plain flats they often wear. Rarely see woman shopping in heels no matter the time of year guess they find it overdoing it or less comfortable for the surroundings. 

Feel if i did compliment the first attractive  woman i seen at costco it would make her feel good although doubt she needs any encouragement to look sexy or has self doubts about her beauty. Would make me feel better that if i communicated a compliment even though it may of came out awkward or to forward. Either way heels do make people feel better ones who observe others wearing it knowing it makes a statement we care how we look or style ourselves from mundane boring flat bottom shoes styles.

At the time wasn't wearing any heels just flat uggs in skinny jeans. So any compliment given by me, woman wouldn't assume i like there heels for myself which would come as a shock or joke to them if i mentioned it.  Regretting not wearing heel booties myself who knew i would encounter few woman in the store wearing heels.  It may have changed my persona slightly observing the woman maybe smiling at her noticing both our stylish outfits

I'm going to project my own thoughts on to this little story, to kind of tighten 'er up. The way I see it is this: If you had been actually wearing heels yourself, you could probably have gotten away with complimenting the attractive woman, and the less attractive woman if you'd been so inclined. If you had been wearing heels, you would not experienced feelings of jealousy at what the woman was wearing. If you had been wearing heels, both you and the the two women you encountered would have had better days, if incrementally. Conclusion: Wear heels! It makes the world a better place.

• Like 2

Is that a picture of the gal you saw, or just a file photo??  I assume the latter.  I learned a long time ago (even before I began wearing high heels) that complimenting a woman on a particular part of her clothing can be very risky.  Some of us guys can pull it off without problems, but for others the "creepy" factor comes in play.  For me, I just keep my mouth shut unless she initiates the contact.  Whatever works for you...   Have fun...   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 2/13/2020 at 6:44 AM, SF said:

Is that a picture of the gal you saw, or just a file photo??

I know you didn't ask me, but that's Alessandra Ambrosio, made famous through being a Victoria's Secret Angel.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 2/12/2020 at 4:17 PM, MackyHeels said:

spacer.png

I've been in the same situation countless times. Whether I am wearing my heels at the time or not. I've always taken the opportunity to compliment her shoes and to engage in conversation. When I am wearing heels (which is about always) I still give a compliment which many times turns into a conversation about shoes, heels and wearing them. I've have not had to many women rebuff me for a compliment given. I think the majority of women appreciate someone noticing their style and giving them a thumbs up on it. I know I appreciate it when a guy or woman gives me a compliment on my heels. Kinda of makes your day that someone noticed.

So don't hesitate to give a woman a compliment on her shoes. I am sure she will smile and be flattered.

Ciao

On 2/1/2020 at 9:53 AM, Shyheels said:

I find I am more creative. 

I am taller!

1 hour ago, K2inheels said:

I've been in the same situation countless times. Whether I am wearing my heels at the time or not. I've always taken the opportunity to compliment her shoes and to engage in conversation. When I am wearing heels (which is about always) I still give a compliment which many times turns into a conversation about shoes, heels and wearing them. I've have not had to many women rebuff me for a compliment given. I think the majority of women appreciate someone noticing their style and giving them a thumbs up on it. I know I appreciate it when a guy or woman gives me a compliment on my heels. Kinda of makes your day that someone noticed.

So don't hesitate to give a woman a compliment on her shoes. I am sure she will smile and be flattered.

Ciao

In my experience usually i read females perceptions or reactions  once they take a good look at my style. Most times woman are put off with the feminine fashion attire at least for a man to wearing. In many ways female gets confused with my intentions jumping to conclusions assuming i have agenda which creeps many out.  

Often think i look good wearing certain clothes but especially some critical woman may have totally different outlook what i'm wearing. Them thinking this guy looks so creepy giving me compliment,  huh! Just look at what he is wearing, look at the source of compliment be polite and get away from him fast as possible, look at her phone distract him from talking to you anymore, it's embarrassing to be seen chatting with him, what a freak! 

While giving quick compliment often is less satisfying to a woman if they don't respect your style. They just nod politely smirk and  uncomfortably walk away, hoping to never meet up with me again. Yet if they see me say later in parking lot or in a line up at the cashier again will feel very uncomfortable in fact being afraid being alone.  If they are slow to catch on female getting the compliment might stand deer in the headlights confused making judgement call on my attire and reactions are ever so obvious. Usually negative expressions or body language tells me should of minded my business said nothing at all. Only making me angry or thinking she is a real Bitch while feeling i'm lowering myself towards her. 

Problem today women are afraid talking to strangers  the ones being unusually or femininely attired in heels or skinny jeans find it troubling. Unless woman your talking to assumes your flamboyantly gay, talking with lisp, gesturing in feminine manner. It can be  entertaining and amusing to listen a story that could be told to friends  or boyfriend or husband, honey, guess who i met at the supermarket today? He made me leave  laugh crying afterwards.

Biggest problem i experienced when complimenting a woman is she need to stop my good gesture by mentioning being married having boyfriend loving her children so i don't go down a road  assuming i'm traveling along. After she digest my honest meek compliment,  feeling bad for me. Assuming i'm lonely and i'm being kind to them so while they are abrupt to shut me down putting on the brakes of the compliment they need to respond in another good way to make face.

This is where i regret giving out a compliment when a woman believes telling me the hard truth will hurt but is for your own good how i'm being perceived. Her telling me what people are saying behind my back, all bad. Correcting my appearance suggesting  another set of eyes helps in how we see ourselves giving example husband does to her . Then trying to adjust my appearance telling me heels don't look so good on a man, tight pants either, suggest other form of style which would look much better, woman love that you know... etc...  After the chat i only brings me down and regret ever mentioning a word trying to be friendly. While the female in questions feels i was hurt with her suggestions, pitying me, more so wanting to console if we meet up again.  

Woman repond thinking i have good heart giving her a complement thus she can have maternal feelings back helping the poor confused man like a son. Change his perception find  a partner that can make him look like a real man, masculine in every way. Only then her job is done feeling better about herself and fixing society problems she believes are out there.

Ever have that chat from compliments given she retorts changing your style to mainstream male appearance thinking she is doing you a favour. Like telling you have spinach on your teeth or bad breath  saving any embarrassment for benefit of others.

Edited by MackyHeels

32 minutes ago, MackyHeels said:

In my experience usually i read females perceptions or reactions  once they take a good look at my style. Most times woman are put off with the feminine fashion attire at least for a man to wearing. In many ways female gets confused with my intentions jumping to conclusions assuming i have agenda which creeps many out.

Sounds like you have been burned when giving a woman a compliment. I've had my share that just give me that, "Okay, now leave me alone" look. But most times they respond well to what I say. Maybe I come off as less threatening than you do. I have a tendency to be friendly and warm when I am out in public. I smile, say hello to strangers. I am at ease speaking to a woman and I have no ulterior motive than to brighten their day with my compliment. We all appreciate a kind word.

So I will still encourage people in general to be encouraging to people you meet, maybe say, "Love your Shoes!" Can't hurt, but it could just brighten up somebody's day.

Ciao!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, K2inheels said:

Sounds like you have been burned when giving a woman a compliment. I've had my share that just give me that, "Okay, now leave me alone" look. But most times they respond well to what I say. Maybe I come off as less threatening than you do. I have a tendency to be friendly and warm when I am out in public. I smile, say hello to strangers. I am at ease speaking to a woman and I have no ulterior motive than to brighten their day with my compliment. We all appreciate a kind word.

So I will still encourage people in general to be encouraging to people you meet, maybe say, "Love your Shoes!" Can't hurt, but it could just brighten up somebody's day.

Ciao!

I've had compliments from woman they have agenda for the most part. Either they want to stop me because they want to purchase the same clothes or shoes focusing on it not my body or anything else. Often woman preface it with my husband asked me, my children say mom, my boyfriend told me i need new outfit, etc.. all to disarm me that they are not cruising for a date or alone. 

Only there focus is on one thing my shoes or pants sweater asking the brand or see the label. Often asking where i purchased it this is not a compliment but a selfish act to get what they want copying my particular style. Yet may hate me wearing it but think it looks good on him will look amazing on me. 

Smiling helps but i expect nothing out of life so i don't ever get disappointed. So when guy the other week at Walmart asks me about my designer  Moncler puffy winter shiny jacket where i got it from. Tell them exactly where without searching for expecting any compliment. Usually from peoples initial wide eyes upon me in the store they noticed my designer jacket liking it but don't need to say it. 

14 hours ago, K2inheels said:

Ciao!

I personally probably wouldn't say anything to a woman about her shoes if I weren't actually wearing heels myself, because if I'm not wearing heels, I'm probably wearing bib overalls and work boots, and that might come off as a little odd! Even if I am wearing heels, I tend to follow the "compliment, then walk away" method. Hasn't failed me yet.

• Haha 1

Sometimes the tone and way of complimenting can make the difference.  At the airport yesterday a woman approached me and said “I like your heels SO MUCH!”  I have received compliments before but I have never experienced such genuine enthusiasm, and it made a difference.