Payless may be coming back!

Steve63130

Payless and Toys ‘R’ Us had in common hefty private-equity debt loads and an abundance of stores at a time when much of retail was downsizing. Today, the two new Toys “R” Us outposts are smaller-format spaces with experiential offerings, a direction often recommended by retail experts.

If they go this route with the stores, you can just about bet your bottom dollar that they would not be stocking large sizes in stores.  Too bad - they used to be a great shopping spot.

10 hours ago, RonC said:

Payless and Toys ‘R’ Us had in common hefty private-equity debt loads and an abundance of stores at a time when much of retail was downsizing. Today, the two new Toys “R” Us outposts are smaller-format spaces with experiential offerings, a direction often recommended by retail experts.

If they go this route with the stores, you can just about bet your bottom dollar that they would not be stocking large sizes in stores.  Too bad - they used to be a great shopping spot.

For the record, I just completely made that up, for the sake of reaction. I got two bites, anyway! I haven't actually heard anything about Payless carrying large sizes or not. I can also play the Russian National Anthem on the tuba. That part is absolutely true.

I was wondering about your comment, since I did some looking around and see that Payless is still selling shoes in larger sizes.  Get me all worked up!!!   

ha ha....   We will see what happens.....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Well, that’s certainly encouraging. In my humble opinion, a revamped Payless should be online only, save on the overhead from a brick and mortar presence. Most of the shoes I bought before they shuttered were via their website.

Edited by JeffB

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I personally would enjoy the brick and mortar stores returning, as I much prefer to try on before I buy, and it also gives me the chance to try some styles that I wouldn't likely consider if I had to buy them.

• 2 weeks later...

I sure do miss the adventure of shopping, trying on, interaction with the sales associates with the ultimate purchase.  
I am afraid one may be correct but the hope is the realization that women's feet are also larger than the "large" size 9 in the 1950s.

• Like 1

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.