National Convention

K2inheels

I hope that I am nBorn to Wear Heelsot the only person on here that envisions a day when we can have a national convention for this organization (site). I think that would be a great way to promote the organization, showcase what we are about and gain greater visibility. We might even be able to garner some attention from companies that produce heels, helping them to see that there is a viable market out there for heels for men. Plus I think it would be a blast to see such a gathering of men and women wearing heels and those that support this fashion trend.

Let me know what you think about something like this. I'd like to see what others think about it. I certainly hope that I am not the only one to have this dream!

Ciao!

• Like 1

That would be great. 

As there are already many brands carrying heels for men( some even propose some items from 41 to 46) we should invite them to exhibit. The difficulty is to find the right location,date. And the cost...!

20 hours ago, SF said:

OK, who's gonna set it up???  

I think that would take a group of us that are interested in this idea to conduct research what the specifics would be for such an event. It would take a good deal of planning and discussion to flesh out what the event should entail, where, how to fund such an event, etc. I would not think that I would plan for a large event. Start out with a smaller event and as we gain experience we could grow the size.

One idea I had is that we might have a live feed that would be able to have multiple online feeds covering, visits to shoe designers, guest speakers, interviews with members, etc.  Might be able to do it that way for a couple years to put us out there on social media for the world to see us. I think this is the time we as a group should be looking for ways to showcase men in heels. From the things that I have seen in the media stream lately. Men wearing heels is becoming much more accepted.

Love to hear your ideas, thoughts, opinions. Ciao!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Make your annual trip to Vietnam a round the world one.

For the last decade when I took trips to Singapore and Bangkok I connected through London.  It always works out to be fewer legs since we have so many directs to LHR from the US.  Though given the current situation in the Middle East maybe it’s better to go around the other way now.  

It's not going to be a National Convention,,,it's going to be an International Convention..

To pull off Heel-ly-con 202__ we need sponsors and vendors.

We need a location with flat streets...NO HILLS.

We need activities.

I'm still looking for a shoe company or nail company to sponsor me.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

DSCF5379.thumb.JPG.beb7144fb024715d8cf26ff569b65507.JPG K2inheels & Cali : Having a convention would be great. However, I suggest you enjoy your Fantasy while you may. I have P M ed  some of you to have a high heel meet.

To date no one has responded with the slightest enthusiasm. Excuses like - OH, I don't want my children to find about me, OR, What would people think if they saw me

in heels in public. ETC.  How many woman do you think are going to chime in on this idea. Enjoy what you do and forget these pipedreams.    spikesmike

Edited by spikesmike
  • Like 1

Las Vegas could be a good location 

King of Prussia also. 

As most members are based in the US ( I am wrong) and most of the others  in Europe, USA could be the best. 

Many brands are now carrying men sizes. Even some models are only available in large sizes 

At least 10 different brands propose men sizes. Some should be interested in advertising 

The problem is they have visibility. Only a few guys in heels somewhere won’t bring enough except if the medias are present 

Then,as Spikesmike wrote many of us won’t be ok being visible. 

Or? Communication is done based on: men in heels,fed up to have to hide themselves. With blurred faces on the pictures. 

On 1/21/2020 at 12:59 PM, Shyheels said:

London is very convenient for so many places. All the airlines now are avoiding Iraq and Iran airspace - I’m sure it’s quite safe to fly east from here to Asia.

There are some exceptions to watch for now.  Qatar airways is banned from Saudi and Egyptian airspace and I think still flies over Iran.  Their flights show up here as cheap routes because they do have US destinations.  

7 hours ago, spikesmike said:

To date no one has responded with the slightest enthusiasm. Excuses like - OH, I don't want my children to find about me, OR, What would people think if they saw me in heels in public. ETC. 

Do you live near Columbus?  I am heading out to Dublin late tonight, and the only shoes I have packed are 4.2” heels.  

Edited by p1ng74

@spikesmike I only pointed out that it would be an International convention, came up with a name, and what needs to be done to get a Convention". I too think that the chances this actually happens is extremely low. As you pointed out, many of our members have not been in heels in public. Many also have kept this hidden from their family. 

It’s a fun idea, and perhaps we get a tiny step closer with each meetup with each other.  @spikesmike and I met up tonight.  It’s too cold for wearing this dress but these are the heels I had on.  Not that anyone would think anything unusual about it compared to what @spikesmike was wearing!

724A4907-270B-4F06-8EAB-C9162423AEE7.thumb.jpeg.1a12820e5603feadfb53534a0605754c.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 1:10 PM, K2inheels said:

I hope that I am nBorn to Wear Heelsot the only person on here that envisions a day when we can have a national convention for this organization (site). I think that would be a great way to promote the organization, showcase what we are about and gain greater visibility. We might even be able to garner some attention from companies that produce heels, helping them to see that there is a viable market out there for heels for men. Plus I think it would be a blast to see such a gathering of men and women wearing heels and those that support this fashion trend.

Let me know what you think about something like this. I'd like to see what others think about it. I certainly hope that I am not the only one to have this dream!

Ciao!

Interesting idea - - but I'm gonna watch from the sideline and not get involved in planning etc. I'll see where the location is and go from there. Whenever I plan that far ahead, my schedule changes 10 minutes ago. 24 hours from now I could be in your neck of the woods - - 

I organized 4 of these in the past: 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.   Called them World Heel Meet's.  They were all in London.  Back then, it took an extraordinary donation of time and labor.  I deliberately chose a venue that opened specifically for the meet, protected attendees privacy, and scheduled dinners/after party events. etc.  @iloveboots @admirer5577 and @Drshoe helped.

Back then services like https://www.meetup.com/https://www.eventbrite.com/, weren't popular yet. 

I'm sure there's a lot of new software management tools that might help in 2020.

On 1/22/2020 at 10:13 AM, spikesmike said:

DSCF5379.thumb.JPG.beb7144fb024715d8cf26ff569b65507.JPG K2inheels & Cali : Having a convention would be great. However, I suggest you enjoy your Fantasy while you may. I have P M ed  some of you to have a high heel meet.

To date no one has responded with the slightest enthusiasm. Excuses like - OH, I don't want my children to find about me, OR, What would people think if they saw me

in heels in public. ETC.  How many woman do you think are going to chime in on this idea. Enjoy what you do and forget these pipedreams.    spikesmike

This.  100%.  I had to personally and manually invite past attendees. Not just one message, but over and over and over again.  It was a ton of work—for free.  Then updated a “real time” list of confirmed and possible attendees to maximize public interest.

Trying to achieve decision by consensus also seems a waste of time.  Just pick a weekend date when travel costs are lowest, usually Winter (Northern Hemisphere).   London always pulled more attendees than NYC, Amsterdam, Copenhagen.  I wouldn’t even consider Vegas.  

I was always respectful of people who didn’t want to have their photo taken.  That can be accommodated.  Also the private room at The Miller helped.  They opened early just to accommodate us.  If I recall correctly,  we booked their minimum private room plan which required a minimum spend from me.  I split the cost among the attendees.  It was no more than 10 pounds per person at the time.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I remember these events well and marveled at the effort and planning required of Kneehighs to make it an astounding success that they were.  So many well known participants on Hhplace attended that are no longer around. Dr. Shoe, etc.  wonder what they are up to these days?

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I also had a good time at two heel meets at the Miller in London, 2007 and 2009, where I meet a load of you guys from across the pond and from elsewhere, sadly a few chaps are no longer on HH place, I speak to a couple of them now and again.

life is not a rehearsal

4 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

I remember these events well and marveled at the effort and planning required of Kneehighs to make it an astounding success that they were.  So many well known participants on Hhplace attended that are no longer around. Dr. Shoe, etc.  wonder what they are up to these days?

Thanks Bubba.

43 minutes ago, dww said:

Good to see you around!  I’m glad you enjoyed the meets.  I enjoyed meeting you IRL too.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.