Bodysuits

KneeBooted

So in a discussion with a couple of coworkers, I think I am now convinced to try a bodysuit for a couple of reasons:

1) I tried on a skirt for the fun of it, and actually thought it looked nice, except for the sock bulge at the front. A bodysuit supposedly would help with that.

2) While I have lost weight, I’m still working on losing my love handles, and apparently a bodysuit could help minimize this?

I’ve seen there’s both men’s and women’s, but women’s bodysuits actually have some styles that could also be worn by themselves as tops?

Does anyone here have any experience with this? If so, please provide feedback.

The ones I’m looking at are inexpensive enough, $15 for a basic black one. I’m thinking maybe just pull the trigger for one and see what it’s like.

-Jeff 

I did buy one years ago when I dressed as a woman for Halloween.  Ended up using it three or four times on Halloween (a long story) and I actually enjoyed wearing it.  It definitely slimmed the mid=section and love handles.  The women's version I had did push a bit in the midsection, which is expected for something made for a woman's shape.  I rather enjoyed the feeling and did wear it on a few other occasions when heeling in public, but always under clothing.  It can get warm though!

• Haha 1

I will say from my experience they are awesome to wear with any type of outfit.  I do wear them often. Mostly with skirts but even with a simple pair of jeans.  I usually do not cover up with anything unless it is cold and I wear a jacket. Most every one I own is from Wolford !!!

I have 2-3. I use them when I don't what my shirt riding up during an activity or don't want something crawling around (crawl spaces/attics ). The thing you need to consider is how you go to the bathroom in them.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the early feedback. I went ahead and ordered a mock neck one in black from Forever 21, so I’ll have to update when it comes in.

@CAT, I looked at the Wolford site, and YOWZA! For an introduction into bodysuits, that’s not a cheap route. But looking through the selection, they look really nice, and there’s a few I’d be more than happy to own.

I don’t know what exactly I’d wear over it, as the neck would definitely show with even my men’s sweaters. I’ll have some time to figure it out I guess lol.

As well, going to the bathroom will be an interesting one too...

Yes they are not cheap at all!!!  They are one of the nicest on the market.    I don't usually wear anything over it.  If you are looking to wear something try a nice button down shirt and leave the top 2 or 3 buttons unbuttoned.    The bathroom part is easy they have 2 -3 snaps in the crotch, easy.

• Like 1

This is something I would probably be interested in trying. I would rather tuck in my shirts more often, but I have taken to wearing most all my shirts untucked these days, as I always seem to end up with a bunched-up wad of shirt at the back of my waist.

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2020 at 9:27 AM, KneeBooted said:

So in a discussion with a couple of coworkers, I think I am now convinced to try a bodysuit for a couple of reasons:

1) I tried on a skirt for the fun of it, and actually thought it looked nice, except for the sock bulge at the front. A bodysuit supposedly would help with that.

2) While I have lost weight, I’m still working on losing my love handles, and apparently a bodysuit could help minimize this?

I’ve seen there’s both men’s and women’s, but women’s bodysuits actually have some styles that could also be worn by themselves as tops?

Does anyone here have any experience with this? If so, please provide feedback.

The ones I’m looking at are inexpensive enough, $15 for a basic black one. I’m thinking maybe just pull the trigger for one and see what it’s like.

-Jeff 

did you get that body suit?

i have quite a bit of experience with bodysuits.