How common are men in stilletos?

wallflower781

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys whenever i get the chance i always wear stilletos under my jeans with tights cos they are comfy. Usually they are between 2 and a half and 4 and a half inches and you can normally see about 2 inches of the heel. Even when i have been to asda or in town shopping (preston) i still havent seen another guy in heels even tho they are on this great site. If somebody needs more confidence to go out in heels in this area just give me or my wife (little gem0 a shout & we will be more than welcome to meet up with you. ttfn

Yep, must not be very common! I was out on Sunday wearing a nice gentleman's suit paired with a pair of black patent-leather 3-inch stilleto booties. I turned so many heads it was amazing! Now, for context, I do often go out here in New Orleans wearing skirts, and I was surprised to find that the subtle presence of the high heels was perhaps more surprising to folks than my skirts are! Nobody actually said anything, of course, just lots of double takes and so forth.

Where I'm from I'd have to say rare in NZ. I have seen two other males wearing high heels, one definitely stilletto heeled boots, the other I never got close enough to see for sure. Both guys were in trousers and heels. As chrism had mentioned in the previous post the sight of heels is almost more noticeable - or noteworthy to most people than a skirt, and I have certainly found this to be the case. Cheers Heel-Lover

Men wearing high heels in general is rare. Men wearing stiletto heels is extremely rare, kind of like a needle in a haystack. However, don't let statistics stop you from wearing them if you want to. People notice anything that is a bit unusual/different but almost never comment about it to the person in question, unless they know them. Think about it, how often does a complete stranger talk to you?

Men wearing high heels in general is rare. Men wearing stiletto heels is extremely rare, kind of like a needle in a haystack.

However, don't let statistics stop you from wearing them if you want to. People notice anything that is a bit unusual/different but almost never comment about it to the person in question, unless they know them. Think about it, how often does a complete stranger talk to you?

I agree wholeheartedly. We are very much a rarity, but who cares? If you love wearing high heels, then, by all means, wear them!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Other than in the mirror or at the Rocky Horror Picture Show? Lol! Yes, it's rare. No more than half a dozen.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Maybe men in stilettos aren't common because I wasn't open enough earlier in life. SORRY! The clock can't be turned back, but we can be more active now. Yes, it's scary and timidity is often a factor in being who we are. The world has changed and the chances of male heeling being more common are a lot greater in the present social atmosphere. There will still be opposition to change, much like women had when they began to shun their dresses for trousers or when men began to wear more jewelry than their wedding ring, cuff links, tie clasp, lapel pin, belt buckle, and wrist watch wasn't just a carriage ride in the park.

Men wearing high heels in general is rare. Men wearing stiletto heels is extremely rare, kind of like a needle in a haystack.

However, don't let statistics stop you from wearing them if you want to. People notice anything that is a bit unusual/different but almost never comment about it to the person in question, unless they know them. Think about it, how often does a complete stranger talk to you?

Well in my experiences I have found that a lot of people just have to ask/ introduce themselves. Almost always this is done in good heart, I literally can't think of any bad experiences where I have had discussions with people. More often than not guys notice and question my skirt, whereas women question my heels.

Cheers

Heel-Lover

We have another memeber from New Zealand, Jim, that joined back in January of 2002 and, according to the membership roster, last logged onto the forum last November (2009). Jim has a couple of thousand postings and, perhaps a couple of hundred pictured pictures of himself wearing his high heeled boots in public. His comments are "a good read" and he makes no apology about wearing his heels anywhere he goes. Perhaps you might want to keep your eyes open for him. I believe he said that he lived on the South Island in the vicinity of Christchurch.......There are also a couple of other members that also live in your country. One in Wellington, I believe. But, from what I can remember, they all wear their heels openly without reservation.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

But what if we prefer something other than stilletos?

Do you actually believe that stilettos are the only style of woman's shoes that are acceptable to wear as "street heeling?"

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Bubba, Certainly I do not, but reading through the various threads on the board, one could be forgiven for thinking that they are the only style of heel that posters desire to wear regardless of the circumstances. Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

I go out in stilettos (4") any chance that I get, either in male mode or not.

I wear 5" stiletto high heels (boots or shoes) when I go heeling in public. I prefer the stiletto high heels because they are so pretty and sexy and I feel that way when I wear them.

Bubba,

Certainly I do not, but reading through the various threads on the board, one could be forgiven for thinking that they are the only style of heel that posters desire to wear regardless of the circumstances.

Simon.

Don't worry.

I never go out in stiletto's. Actually I have only one pair of stiletto heels and they are

not very comfortable. I prefer block heels, ir stacked heels (a bit conical).

Somehow, when I look in the mirror, they seem to fit better with me.

The real fun is to put an outfit together that makes the whole look natural.

I know I will get some feathers ruffled here, but to me this stuff of higher and higher,

and thinner and thinner heels feels a bit 'macho'. Of course, everybody their own

taste and hence I am not trying to criticize, it is just that I won't follow that fashion.

I am quite happy with my own. And that is what it is all about.

Do what makes you feel happy and you will feel happy. We are not here for

boasting rights.

Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I wear 5" stiletto high heels (boots or shoes) when I go heeling in public. I prefer the stiletto high heels because they are so pretty and sexy and I feel that way when I wear them.

roni, we agree! I also have blade heels, some chunky, etc. but LOVE the stilettos. But I'm only in the 4" category.

It's all about the heel!

It is easy to see why more men are siding with wearing stiletto heels out in public for all of the reasons mentioned above. But then again the ladies wear them for very much the same reasons also. What is good for the goose can also be good for the gander, eh. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I've never seen a guy in stilleto heels....Matter of fact, I've never seen a guy wearing anything even close to what I sometimes wear..(3"-3.5" heel cowboy boots) I do sooo want to give stilletos a try in public though... I've even picked out the place where I want to give it the first try...I just have not found the right pair... yet...

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

WOOD AND METAL, You SHOULD try out stiletto heels!! My advice is to perhaps go grab some end-of-the-season high heel boots which are all marked at clearance prices even in northern states like Wisconsin since retailers are now pusng spring merchandise. Once you have some boots then try wearing them in the car when you know you'll be driving for a while. If you wear them under ladies' boot-cut jeans you'd only see and inch or so of the heel anyway. Try stopping for gas and just get out and scrub your windows while you pump your gas whatever you'd normally do then grab your receipt and leave. Just act naturally and I guarantee you nobody will notice. What others say on this site is true---either nobody will notice, will notice and not care, or will notice and say something positive. If someone were to ever say something nasty you can inform them you are wearing a WEAPON---case resolved. Everyone here will tell you of the joy felt when going into the world with heels on whether in limited circumstances or all the time. NONE of are getting any younger and you'll only kick yourself for waiting all this time!! HappyinHeels

Happyinheels is right don't waste to much time contemplating how when where or why just go out there and do it i first felt the urge to wear heels when i was about 13 years old i really didn't do anything about it till i was 15 then along break till about 20 & then on & off till i was about 40, now i can't get enough of them.As for other men in stilletos i've never seen one i've never seen a man other than adrag queen in high heels cheers malinheels :smile:

Bubba,

Certainly I do not, but reading through the various threads on the board, one could be forgiven for thinking that they are the only style of heel that posters desire to wear regardless of the circumstances.

Simon.

Simon, I wear block, chunky, wedge heels in public and only feel comfortable wearing those for whatever reason. I own two pairs of stilettos, but have never worn them outside of the house. I love the way they look on women, I think they even look pretty good on me, but I just don't feel I can pull them off in public comfortably.

---

As for seeing other men in public wearing heels and even more specifically stilettos - extremely rare, especially where I live now. A while back, I lived in Northern California for a few years, and did see some men in heels at the time, but only at certain clubs, or special circumstances, etc. Never just out at the mall, taking walks around downtown, or at a grocery store such as how I am doing it now.

Regen:-) Well now---get yourself a pair of stilettos and begin to experiment at home and then gradually start to go out into publc in them. Kneehighs in New York City does it all of the time and with success. It really can be done anywhere if you put your mind to it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!