Single Reactions VS Group Reactions

Mr. X

Me and others who venture out regularly have expressed often that the reactions we receive are usually minimal.  And when we do receive them they are generally positive.  We usually are able to go about our business as we normally would.  I was curious if more eyebrows would be raised if a group of 2 or more of us ventured out together as a group dressed a certain way? Food for thought.

Edited by Mr. X

That's like guessing which way a frog is going to jump. It would depend totally on the individuals wearing the heels, the individual who were observing, and the circumstances and would never be the same twice in a row. See a bunch of rowdy beery lads in identical red pumps and you'll guess its some kind of bucks night party. See a couple of blokes in heels walking quietly and holding hands, people will think something else. See three mixed couples, everybody in heels, well dressed and obviously going out to dinner and people will be intrigued - perhaps even wondering if they are seeing and not recognising, some celebrities. It all depends. Totally variable.   

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

That's like guessing which way a frog is going to jump. It would depend totally on the individuals wearing the heels, the individual who were observing, and the circumstances and would never be the same twice in a row. See a bunch of rowdy beery lads in identical red pumps and you'll guess its some kind of bucks night party. See a couple of blokes in heels walking quietly and holding hands, people will think something else. See three mixed couples, everybody in heels, well dressed and obviously going out to dinner and people will be intrigued - perhaps even wondering if they are seeing and not recognising, some celebrities. It all depends. Totally variable.   

Agreed. The variables are virtually limitless. Still, that would make for an interesting experiment.

Edited by JeffB

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree that the question, as framed, is unanswerable and probably unknowable. Having said that, I have noticed that people react to me somewhat differently when I'm with my 10 year old son vs. when I'm with my wife and my son vs. when I'm by myself. I would estimate that people are the most likely to speak to me about my heels when I'm with my son and my wife is not there. I kind of wish somebody would compliment me when my wife was there, but it has never happened.

2 hours ago, JeffB said:

Agreed. The variables are virtually limitless. Still, that would make for an interesting experiment.

I think it would indeed make an interesting experiment, but I'm trying to imagine how one would even set up such an experiment. I should think that even if you could eliminate some of the variables, it would still take years to get any results worth publishing. I think you would have to insert some sort of artificial activity into the equation, much like that much publicized experiment where they determined that men will more readily help or react more positively to a woman wearing heels vs. the same woman wearing flats.

• Like 1

Aside from a few Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event, I have never been heeling with another guy.  I mostly heel solo or with the wife.  When with her I have not noticed much difference from heeling solo (although a few times others would as her if / why am I wearing high heels, she tells them to ask me, they never do).  

So I will make an offer.  Any HHPlace members out here in the SoCal (Orange County) area want to test the theory, contact me and we can meet for lunch, coffee.  Would be fun....  

Merry Christmas all.....    sf 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Shyheels reply was spot on, far too many variables...  I do notice that the reactions I get are more positive when I am wearing heels while out with my wife.  It seems more acceptable for whatever reason when I do it with her there next to me, the most common reaction is a smile, almost never anything less than that.  Almost like I get a free pass.  When I am alone, I occasionally get odd stares, smirks, glances back, and very rarely I might get a giggle or off-putting comment.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr. X said:

Me and others who venture out regularly have expressed often that the reactions we receive are usually minimal.  And when we do receive them they are generally positive.  We usually are able to go about our business as we normally would.  I was curious if more eyebrows would be raised if a group of 2 or more of us ventured out together as a group dressed a certain way? Food for thought.

Speaking purely from the limits of personal experience at heel meets, only one time did someone ever say anything.  It was in London.  And they asked us if we were part of a high heel society.  At all the heel meets I've ever been to (Amsterdam, Copenhagen, NYC, London), with multiple guys walking together in a group, no mentions were ever otherwise made.

Edited by kneehighs
  • Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Well, I can understand how you might be less likely to get a negative reaction if out with a woman, vs another guy....Right or wrong, that is just the way society has attempted to "program us".  

On the other hand, I am much less inhibited/timid/nervous when heeling with another guy, confidence in numbers I guess....

I never had the chance to go heeling with another guy .I can imagine it gives confidence. But only confidence of numbers because probably more noticeable. 

BTW I had the opportunity to go heeling with a young woman.And as we hadn't see each other for a while,I had forgotten how short she was! So even with her 4" heels she was still 1'6" or 2" shorter than me. I had made the mistake to wear 4,5" boots and fell ridiculous because of such a difference. And then for sure more than noticeable. 

• Like 1

I don't think I would want to meet with a group of heelers, if that was the sole purpose of our meeting. But then, I feel the same about other activities, too. Once upon a time, I attended the Sturgis motorcycle rally (a famous annual motorcycle gathering in the U.S.), and hated it. I'd rather just ride by myself. Having said that, if I met with a group of people for some other purpose, and several of us just happened to be wearing heels, that would be different.

• Like 1

THe only way to answer this is via personal experiences. On 2 March 2013 I met several other men wearing boots with heels ( I was the sole sandal wearer and wore the JS "Carlow" sandals once pictured in avatar to a restaurant near Wrigley Field in Chicago. I went there with my friend and shoe store owner Gary and we had a nice evening. Nothing bad happened at all.

I have met with Steve63130 several times in Granville, Ohio and done varied things as going to a pedicure, went shopping in Columbus, and went to dinner and breakfast all while wearing rather tall heels and carrying a handbag and nothing remotely bad happened. I had gone both with Steve and with Steve and his wife.

Finally there are the many trips shopping, or walking, or running errands I have done in multiple states whilst wearing obvious heels and nothing bad happened. I have had many positive reactions in shoe stores and the like. I'm not sure an exact scientific reaction can be gleaned from this except that, as others have said before, it would seem, that men wearing heels in 2019 is just not the society-stopping activity it may have been in 1989 or before. Sort of like women wearing tattoos or just wearing clothes clearly from the mens side of the aisle. They adapted and everyone else moved on. The desire to wear the heeled footwear of your choice should be fueled by your confidence and have little to do with nebulous and elusive public reaction. That confidence only comes with experience which starts with that first step out the door. Once you do it you'll later ask yourself, "why the hell did I wait so long?" HappyinHeels

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, SF!

Did you forget about me? We were out heeling to a restaurant together earlier this year when my wife and I passed through LAX on our way to Australia. Remember? I'm on the left, you're on the right in the photo below.

And I've been with Bluejay, Vector and Mrs. Vector, HiH, Mtns of Heels, Johnieheel, and quite a few others. Going out in public, heeling with other guys and gals, is fun!

Steve

IMG_2017.JPG

• Like 3

ALERT - CORRECTION...    REF my post dated December 21, 2019:  

Original post:  Aside from a few Walk a Mile in Her Shoes event, I have never been heeling with another guy.  I mostly heel solo or with the wife.  When with her I have not noticed much difference from heeling solo (although a few times others would as her if / why am I wearing high heels, she tells them to ask me, they never do).  

Edited version:  Aside from a few Walk a Mile in Her Shoes events, I have never been heeling with another guy, with exception of one time meeting another great guy from this site and his wonderful wife in LA.    I even have a picture as proof.  I mostly heel solo or with the wife.  When with her I have not noticed much difference from heeling solo (although a few times others would ask her if / why am I wearing high heels, she tells them to ask me, they never do).  

Mr Steve.  More better??  ha ha  That was almost a year ago, we need to do it again...  Was fun....   Take care...   sf

PS  And Steve even bought dinner - unacceptable !!!   ha ha

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

SF,

More better! We'll do it again. We're headed your way in late April again. I'll PM you the details so you can save the date.

And don't worry. We'll go to a much more expensive restaurant, and YOU can pay for our meals! LOL

Steve

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/13/2020 at 10:00 AM, Steve63130 said:

Johnieheel, and quite a few others.

Do you still maintain contact with Johnieheel?  He was always so positive, encouraging and had the balls to actually post pics of his face.  Fond memories for sure.

14 hours ago, Steve63130 said:

Kneehighs,

No, we lost contact years ago, unfortunately. Sorry. He was a very likable guy, though.

Steve

Bummer. Yeah he was likeable online too for sure.