Who is strange ?

loveheel

This week I was in New Orleans. I spent most of my time outside in heels (rather conservative 3 inch, but women's boots and shoes nonetheless). The only time I put on "normal" shoes was when I had to go and give a lecture at the University. While walking the streets of the French quarter I have run into drunks, people that looked like they had passed out in a corner on the street, and women that flashed their breasts (on Bourbon street), women who were wearing such low rider jeans that their butt crack was exposed. So I wonder who the strange people were: Me, that guy in heels or the others ? I was a rather strange experience, feeling like the more conservative person on the street. Maybe that is why in two days I don't think I got as much as a serious glance.

I've been in N.O. a couple times in the last year for work, unfortunatly the only heels I had with me were 5" knee boots. I walk in them just fine and have been downtown in my area wearing them without a problem, but you probably noticed the sh*t condition of the roads/sidewalks in NO. I was right on Conti and Bourbon and walked most of the time I was there. I did see an employee of a goth/etc store walking around town wearing platform thick heeled boots :D I tried to find a place to buy similer, guess I should have asked him.. Oh well I don't think you have to worry too much about being seen in NO, just make sure you can survive point A to point B, hehe Seeya Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

hi loveheel. further to your point on who is strange. i will add a few myself we have a couple of girls at our work, one who is quite a bit overweight, yet wears 4in stiletto courts everyday with a shortish skirt. the other wears heels too. it almost angers me a little to think that if i was to wear heels at work, id probably get laughed at, but these two are seen as acceptable without comment..... It beats me cos 1) they do NOT look good at all in them, and 2) she cant walk in them at all. which brings me back to our 'strange' point. who looks worse, me or them. id say them, yet theyre the ones acceptable to people? daftness!