Foot jewelry!

Logjam

To avoid hi-jacking another thread!

There have been several recent comments about anklets (ankle bracelets, ankle chains, whatever you want to call them.) And on some of the men’s nail polish forums, a number of the participants wear toe rings in addition or as an alternative.

I'm personally a fan of the look, so long as it’s not done to excess. But, I do not personally wear either for other reasons.

So, who is in? Or, what are your thoughts?

Logjam

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cali said:

I wear 10 small changeable pieces of art on my feet, aka nail polish. My other "jewelry" is KT Tape.

As you know, I’m a big proponent of men wearing nail polish. Any more, I’m more about polish than heeling. This time of year, in these parts, still wearing but not showing!

Logjam

I think a simple toe ring looks tasteful & cute. I thought about wearing one myself but I have the same issue I had with an anklet, most are just not big enough. I'm not sure how to even find the right size for me...

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, chesterx said:

I think a simple toe ring looks tasteful & cute. I thought about wearing one myself but I have the same issue I had with an anklet, most are just not big enough. I'm not sure how to even find the right size for me...

I bought a couple of toe rings, years ago from a vendor at our county fair. She tried on a few different sizes on me and I bought a couple. Not real expensive, in fact they were less than $10.00 each.  When I want to wear a toe ring they are there for me.

As far as anklets go. I bought them from a kiosk in the mall where they sell chain by the inch. Mine are completely sized for me and they are good strong chain. Some are lighter and some are big links, that look better on a man than a woman with a very skinny ankle. I have both gold, white gold and silver to match my other accessories that I wear, watch, bracelets and rings.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

I would love to wear ankle chains, but it would probably be hard to find such items tailored to the wider widths of men’s ankles.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

I would love to wear ankle chains, but it would probably be hard to find such items tailored to the wider widths of men’s ankles.

JeffB, go read my post above. Go to one of those kiosks in the mall that sell chain by the inch. They will be more than happy to size one up for you that will fit. I did several times.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JeffB said:

I agree with bluejay, get a custom fit & you wont regret it. Too tight & it will cut into your leg when you walk, & too loose & it will slip too far over your ankle & bind up painfully when your ankle flexes from walking...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bluejay said:

JeffB, go read my post above. Go to one of those kiosks in the mall that sell chain by the inch. They will be more than happy to size one up for you that will fit. I did several times.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

31 minutes ago, chesterx said:

I agree with bluejay, get a custom fit & you wont regret it. Too tight & it will cut into your leg when you walk, & too loose & it will slip too far over your ankle & bind up painfully when your ankle flexes from walking...

Thanks for the info! I’ll definitely look into this so I’ll something to wear when spring rolls around.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Yes, foot jewelry, love it.  I have been wearing foot jewelry for years.  I have always been of the opinion that if you are going to wear sandals (I do almost exclusively) especially ladies sandals, your feet should look nice.  Foot jewelry is to me a necessary accessory to accomplish this.  I don't wear full time but I wear foot jewelry a lot.  I have two gold toe rings and two anklets.  The toe rings are different widths, and the anklets different designs so I can mix it up a bit.  I wear the toe rings on my second or third toes depending on the shoes that I am wearing.  I like the look, it just looks "classy."  

When getting either toe rings or anklets, sizing can be tricky.  You just have to experiment until you get it right.  Anklets should be comfortable but not loose.  Mine are 11 inch in length.  I recommend getting real gold as well, at least 10 carat (mine are all 14 carat), I found that plated or non gold metals will turn dull and sometimes green with use and that is not a good look.

I have dealt with two vendors for both the wife and I (she wears both anklets and toe rings full time), OK here is the plug - toerings.com and sarraf.com.   Toerings has a great selection, and great return exchange policy.  Same with Sarraf, good stuff, great exchange policy.   

Attached are a few pics...   Have fun, enjoy your foot jewelry....    sf

IMG_9933.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I have posted a number of photos with both anklets and polished toenails with various heels. I have no experience with toe rings however.

The anklet which appears in many of my gallery photos is actually a herring bone necklace wrapped around my ankle twice. I've worn it out and about and never had a problem with it too tight or too loose. It's an idea for others if you'd want to try it. :cheeky: HinH

23 hours ago, Heelster said:

I thought those places went out of business - - Haven't seen one in years !!

Those kiosks are still out there. I know that they are in my area, not as many, as in years past.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Edited by bluejay
spelling

Like a lot of us on this site, I wish I would have started with all this when I was a little younger. Unfortunately, my hands are pretty much beyond hope. Nearly a quarter century of working construction and playing stringed instruments have rendered them ugly. Ugly is maybe a strong word, but they certainly aren’t graceful looking. My fingers are very meaty and thick, and my nail beds are way shorter than I wish they were. However, my feet and ankles have managed to stay pretty attractive in comparison, so maybe foot jewelry is the one avenue I have left to play with and feel like I don’t look ridiculous. On the third hand (because sometimes we all could use a third hand), it probably isn’t worth even screwing with, because my wife would have a cow. I should probably just concentrate on keeping my figure, growing a butt, and walking well.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

My wife is ok with my heeling, but VERY vocal about disliking foot jewelry (both anklets and toe rings, which I like) both on men as well as women. She says it's too slutty for her!  So I've never gotten an anklet, but I did make a toe ring once, out of 3/4 plumbing pipe and a round file, just to try it out. It fit well, but it bothered the tender skin of my toes, so I really didn't like wearing it.  I'm glad I at least have an approving wife on the important stuff - wearing heels! She wasn't always that way. It took me nearly 20 years of baby steps to get her to feel comfortable with me wearing heels. So I'm not about to jeopardize all that progress by pushing for foot jewelry, which I don't feel strongly about. 

Steve

• Like 1

The wife and I both like and wear toe rings and anklets.  My wife has worn both since the 1980's; groundbreaking.  Maybe it is a west coast thing.  I (we) don't think they look "slutty" at all (well maybe a little bit slutty - ha ha) they provide decoration and adornment like rings and bracelets on hands.  In India, the Hindu women and men wear toe rings to indicate their married status.  But I get it, fashion is very subjective and not everyone likes certain things, like toe rings, or paisley shirts or light blue leisure suits.  Nothing wrong with that.  And to make things even worse, and corroborate Steve's wife's opinion of toe rings, I have read in several places the past several years that folks who wear toe rings and anklets are into the "lifestyle" culture, i.e. swingers.  When the wife saw that she laughed and said it doesn't matter because we have been "grandfathered" in.  We still wear anklets and toe rings,  not been a problem.  ha ha....   Have fun...   sf

Ha Ha....   Youbetcha...  Like the song sez, You got to know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.....  Smile; Peace Love and old Volkswagens.......   sf

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

Just got this anklet in a few days ago & I just love it! It's a 10mm White Gold Cuban Anklet covered in Cubic Zirconia stones. I bought it from Aporro after seeing one of my favorite Youtube fashion ladies do a review on it. It was a bit more than I was wanting to spend, but I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I bought it to get that devil on my shoulder to shut up. :evil1:

I'm glad I did because its so gorgeous in person, my photo doesn't do it justice at all. The other anklet is one I bought from another Youtube gal who shares our love for heels.

P1010324.JPG

• Like 2

Nice anklet , chesterx. I wear anklets now that warmer weather is here and I'm wearing capri length leggings and women's capris so my anklet can be seen. BTW. I like your flats. I recently got a pair of Sketcher's women's Skimmer flats, just like the pair I bought for my wife for a Mother's Day gift. We wear matching flats. Sketchers is a favorite of her's and the memory foam lining make them so comfy to wear. Just another matching pair of shoes for the wife and I.

Happy Heeling.

bluejay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluejay said:

I like your flats.

These were the first pair of womens shoes I ever bought that fit perfectly from the get go. Also the 1st pair I wore in public, not counting keds. Bought them from Payless on sale for $9 about ten years ago, & I wear them as slippers around the house these days...

• Like 1

I’m gratified that my question has prompted some pleasant conversation! And, as I originally mentioned, I do not personally wear foot jewelry, I think it’s a great look!

Logjam

I intend to add some bling to my toes with a ring or two after seeing how lovely these anklets look with my heels. I might add some rings to my fingers to accentuate my nails as well. I ordered a sizing band to figure out what size to get, so stay tuned for further developments.

Ha! Now I'm suddenly getting bombarded with ring advertisements! Damn you Google!

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, chesterx said:

I intend to add some bling to my toes with a ring or two after seeing how lovely these anklets look with my heels. I might add some rings to my fingers to accentuate my nails as well. I ordered a sizing band to figure out what size to get, so stay tuned for further developments.

Ha! Now I'm suddenly getting bombarded with ring advertisements! Damn you Google!

What's scary is when somebody asked some question elsewhere on HHP about having trouble receiving something they ordered from Wish, their ads started showing up in my Facebook feed!

As I've said before, I kind of hate the way my hands look, so I'll stick with just a plain wedding band, and even that really should come off for work, truth be told. If a fellow had nicer looking hands, maybe. I do not wish to look like one a them TV preachers. I am once again considering, however, the ankle bracelet thing. I don't know why. It will only cause me trouble. And cost me money. OK, I've talked myself out of it for another 24 hours. :giggle:

On 5/25/2020 at 3:19 PM, chesterx said:

The other anklet is one I bought from another Youtube gal who shares our love for heels.

That wouldn't by chance be the Engineering in Heels gal, would it?

I also like to wear toe rings with my sandals in the summer time. As far as my hands go I wear lots of rings on my fingers, None on my thumbs. I like wearing a lot of jewelry with bracelets and rings on my hands.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

That wouldn't by chance be the Engineering in Heels gal, would it?

It sure is. I bought it to help support her channel. Unfortunately, the heels she features are not available to me. It's not the cost of the heels but the lack of larger sizes available in designer heels. Still, I like seeing them modeled. I also recommend trying Cammile1. Her channel is pretty good for heels & fashion, & some of the shoes I could actual wear.

• Like 1