Walked in my 6 inch heel thigh high boots.

AlexC94

3 hours ago, ohnoberty said:

Good one, how were they? I always find 6 inch heels (with no platform) just on the edge and hard work.

Legs were burning afterwards but that was because I walked further than I had done in them. There were a few slopes that nearly tripped me but I got used to them after a while.

7 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

Got bored and went for a morning walk in my Pleaser Domina stiletto boots.

Only got at least one or two stares but nobody really bothered. Feel pretty vindicated and might do it again next week or next year.

IMG_13122019_114918_(540_x_800_pixel).jpg

Lovely boots hun .

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

After a long walk in heel walking uphill my calves get tired 

and if doing the same but downhill then the ankles hurt 

( with 14 cm)

what about you?

Pierre 

Legs were burning afterwards but that was it. My feet felt like they tolerated my boots but my legs didn't.

Going uphill was as slow as going downhill but since I took smallish steps it didn't worry me.

6 inch heel stilettos aren't a problem now; it's only the surrounding area!

12 hours ago, ohnoberty said:

Good one, how were they? I always find 6 inch heels (with no platform) just on the edge and hard work.

My feet could tolerate them, but my legs didn't once I got back home.

• Like 1

Really impressive!  When I had my knee high version of those Domina 6" heel boots, I was never able to take them out in public as they were just too much for me to walk in for really long distances, and I probably didn't look all that graceful in them either... so I only wore those boots around the house while they lasted. 

6 hours ago, tina said:

Lovely boots hun .

Thanks! The rest of the thigh high shaft was under my jeans!

10 minutes ago, hhboots said:

Really impressive!  When I had my knee high version of those Domina 6" heel boots, I was never able to take them out in public as they were just too much for me to walk in for really long distances, and I probably didn't look all that graceful in them either... so I only wore those boots around the house while they lasted. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

I am curious as to just how far your walk was. A mile? Two miles? Half a mile in those boots would be pretty impressive! What I have found is that if I don't walk fairly regularly, I experience what you did in that my ankles or calves get tired. I used to walk an awful lot in heels, but nowadays I've gotten pretty lazy. I usually walk a one mile loop around my neighborhood (down from two miles once upon a time), and I'd be happy if I would do that every other day, but I hate to admit it's become more like once a week, and incidental wearing (like to the supermarket) is just not enough to maintain endurance for the long haul, should it arise.

• Like 1

Like the look. As for walking in 6 inch heels it's beyond my graceful level. 5.25 inch is my limit with my size 10.5 (womens) feet.

Uphill is much easier than downhill, slope adds or reduces effective heel hight plus the lean angle of the shoe. Downhill slopes tend to cause your foot to lose grip and roll forward. Uphill actually is harder on the shoe as it places the heel tip more forward and you put a greater bending stress on the heel and shoe intersection. Even though it's easier to walk uphill i have broken more heels going up tgan down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I am curious as to just how far your walk was. A mile? Two miles? Half a mile in those boots would be pretty impressive! What I have found is that if I don't walk fairly regularly, I experience what you did in that my ankles or calves get tired. I used to walk an awful lot in heels, but nowadays I've gotten pretty lazy. I usually walk a one mile loop around my neighborhood (down from two miles once upon a time), and I'd be happy if I would do that every other day, but I hate to admit it's become more like once a week, and incidental wearing (like to the supermarket) is just not enough to maintain endurance for the long haul, should it arise.

Lasted half a mile there and back. Could only go a far as a stone statue before I sat down to rest my legs. Next time I'll try going further towards the end of the pathway where there's an actual bench to sit on.

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

How on earth do you get thigh high boots under your jeans? That can’t be easy.

Boots on, then jeans on over them. I prefer it like that.

3 hours ago, dagino said:

I also started on heels 12-14 cm in the dark streets. Now I wear block heels 8-10 cm all day publicly. It's a compromise, but good for me. I have size US 14 (woman).

Went straight to stilettos from a pair of Jeffrey Campbell knock off boots.

9 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

Lasted half a mile there and back. Could only go a far as a stone statue before I sat down to rest my legs. Next time I'll try going further towards the end of the pathway where there's an actual bench to sit on.

Boots on, then jeans on over them. I prefer it like that.

Went straight to stilettos from a pair of Jeffrey Campbell knock off boots.

Yes, I get the idea you wear your jeans over your boots - what I don't understand is how you physically manage to tuck them under the jeans. If you put your boots on, then your jeans, surely the heel and the angle of the boot's footbed would get in the way of your trying to put your foot down the leg of your jeans? 

Edited by Shyheels

Here is a pic of the boots I worn for walking up and downhill a few days ago 

For those who know Geneva ,it was a trip from downtown up to the exhibition place. 3 km uphill,then 1 down. And back. Average slop 3% 

As I wrote I got tired ankles and calves. 

As Miroseplant wrote,I also need a regular training if I want to keep my legs in a good shape and a sufficient ability.

the effective height of these shoes is 13 cm. Which isn’t so high compared to Alex C 94 ones. Congratulations !

D4554A47-3348-4F14-97B3-82166CD204B8.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, I get the idea you wear your jeans over your boots - what I don't understand is how you physically manage to tuck them under the jeans. If you put your boots on, then your jeans, surely the heel and the angle of the boot's footbed would get in the way of your trying to put your foot down the leg of your jeans? 

I pull the boots into/through the pant legs before putting on either article of clothing.   Both boots and pants then kind of become one piece that you put on together, starting with the boots.  

That’s very impressive mate, 6” is way too high for me, 4” is about my limit now, i believe to blend in as a man in heels you need to be natural and confident and i can’t be either in 6”, it’s also a shame to have thigh high boots and hide them away under jeans, I’d definitely want them on full show 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

I pull the boots into/through the pant legs before putting on either article of clothing.   Both boots and pants then kind of become one piece that you put on together, starting with the boots.  

I think I'll just stick with skinny jeans and boots outside - much easier! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

That's not bad at all. My walks outside are in much lower heels. My limit for outside use is about 4 1/2" difference between heel and toe, and the usual is around 4" difference. This usually means a 5" heel with 1" platform.  And I have basically quit wearing stilettos on walks, just because they wear out so fast. I save the stilettos for incidental wearing, like going to church and going shopping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, maninboots said:

That’s very impressive mate, 6” is way too high for me, 4” is about my limit now, i believe to blend in as a man in heels you need to be natural and confident and i can’t be either in 6”, it’s also a shame to have thigh high boots and hide them away under jeans, I’d definitely want them on full show 

Thanks! I prefer having my boots under my jeans as it's my style and 6 inch heels are as natural as my regular trainers.

We all have our comfort levels/styles and these can change over time. I use to only wear my pants over my boots, even knee high boots. I always wanted to show them off, but was scared to. Recently I have decided to expand my comfort zone and have gotten skinny jeans and jeggings to show off my boots and booties. But I still wear my pants over my heels/boots now and then. There no "right way" or "wrong way", just enjoy them.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cali said:

We all have our comfort levels/styles and these can change over time. I use to only wear my pants over my boots, even knee high boots. I always wanted to show them off, but was scared to. Recently I have decided to expand my comfort zone and have gotten skinny jeans and jeggings to show off my boots and booties. But I still wear my pants over my heels/boots now and then. There no "right way" or "wrong way", just enjoy them.

I could have posted that myself to be honest, that’s exactly me, i used to be terrified to show off my boots for the fear of what people would think, but as time went by and confidence grew I got to wearing them over skinny jeans and not caring what people think, and as you’ve said it’s all about how i feel on the day, sometimes I’ll wear heeled long boots over jeans, sometimes I’ll wear them under jeans but at least it’s my choice how i wear them and not about what others think 

1 hour ago, AlexC94 said:

Thanks! I prefer having my boots under my jeans as it's my style and 6 inch heels are as natural as my regular trainers.

Maybe at a younger age i would have managed 6” for a limited period but I’m afraid age and physical fitness is catching up with me and 4” is about as high as i could comfortably manage now, as for the under/ over jeans debate, as you say it’s about personal preference, your style does look really good and is a style i like to wear aswell, but i really do enjoy showing my boots off by wearing them over skinny jeans too

• Like 1

6” heels are definitely for younger heel wearers.  After reading all this discussion about wearing higher heels, I wore my pair of black 6” heels forever pumps for about 4 hours one day last week and when I took them off at bedtime, my thigh muscles cramped up so bad it was downright painful.  It took a couple of hours to work those kinks out before I was comfortable enough to get into bed.  While I usually wear a pair higher than my everyday 4” heels about once a week or so, the length of time I spent wearing them this time was way beyond what I was used to.  Believe me, it will be quite awhile before I try this again.

• Like 2

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:51 AM, AlexC94 said:

Got bored and went for a morning walk in my Pleaser Domina stiletto boots.

Only got at least one or two stares but nobody really bothered. Feel pretty vindicated and might do it again next week or next year.

IMG_13122019_114918_(540_x_800_pixel).jpg

Killer outfit buddy!  Great boots that go perfectly with the jeans, amazingly masculine and powerful indeed..

Here is a pic of the boots I worn for walking up and downhill a few days ago 

For those who know Geneva ,it was a trip from downtown up to the exhibition place. 3 km uphill,then 1 down. And back. Average slop 3% 

As I wrote I got tired ankles and calves. 

As Miroseplant wrote,I also need a regular training if I want to keep my legs in a good shape and a sufficient ability.

the effective height of these shoes is 13 cm. Which isn’t so high compared to Alex C 94 ones. Congratulations !

D4554A47-3348-4F14-97B3-82166CD204B8.jpeg

Great outfit, love those boots, must be easy to walk in, except when traveling uphill the whole way!  I'm guessing the pain was worth it, you must have had many admirers along the way

• Like 1