Just curious

HHMafia

Hello all, I don't post much, and I apologize for that, but being prior military I tend to not bring attention to my self. Is it just me, or do boots/booties have more (alot more) room in the toe box than pumps ? With pumps, I normally go barefoot, and the fit is tight,(wide man feet), but with boots or booties, I can wear regular socks and still have room! To me, that seams weird.

Pumps are tight in the toe box area. I have yet to find a pair I can fit. Some boots are tight too, it depends on the toe shape and brand. I normal wear a size 10 in many heels but most of my boots are size 11. Most has to do with toe shape.

Then two very similar heels from the same brand might be different.

I have the Jessica Simpson Rachie in size 10 Black (got a Shiraz Red one today!). They fit great. Wore them today as well, all day.

rachie01.jpg

14536557_fpx.jpg

The Jessica Simpson Razen (shown in Shiraz Red) are basically the same shoe.  Can't even get my foot in a size 10. I have a size 11 coming. Lets see what happens with that one.

I'm pretty sure it's not a single rule, I have differing boots that I would consider from spacious through to extremely tight. Similarly shoes that fit like a glove and one pair that are simply too big.

Each style, each brand, each model, each size is a little different I guess that's why we spend so much time trying shoes on in shops, to get the right ones.

• Like 2

While I agree that it does vary from shoe to shoe or boot to boot, I also have found that most boots have more room - width in particular.  I believe the reason is that boots are made to accommodate a thicker sock in most instances.  If one goes to a more dressy style of boot, such as a stiletto heeled boot, then the fit is more shoe like as most dress boots are not worn with thicker socks.  At lease that is what I've seen as being reported from the industry.

It is very difficult for me to weigh in on this subject since I haven't bought any boots in probably three years, but I cannot recall a pair of boots I've ever owned that I would call "tight," so there may be something to your hypothesis. It used to be that Aldo ran about a size smaller than everybody else, both in shoes and boots, but I bet that's been 10 years ago when that was true. They finally saw the error of their ways.