pet hate - LONG trousers and heels

ok hear me out....

the new fashion in the uk in recent years is the return of the sexy stilleto heels... this i think is FANTASTIC and i'm certainly very happy about it.

BUT.. and here's the but. along with this fashion girls often wear trousers, not just normal length trousers but REALLY long trousers that cover up pretty much all the shoe/boot the lovely lady is wearing leaving only the end of the heel visible....

This for me is a real pet hate, I want to see the whole of the shoe and, more imporantly, the heel so I know how high it is... but if I can't see it then it's very dissapointing! Though I guess it does add a little mystery.

Here's a street pic for reference...

Posted Image

girl on the left - lovely shoes

girl on the right - ?? shoes/boots?? can't really see => shame!

I've always found this particular look to be unbelievably sexy on women. Too each his or her own however.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

Yeah........ well trends come and go. I my self like it and dislike it. Like it because I can use it to reduce the exposure of my heel wearing and while be it stile with every one else. But IHate it when women cover their heels. :D:D

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Hmm.. yes, each to his own indeed. :D I just think it's a shame to hide such beutiful shoes and boots when they could give us so much more pleasure if we could see them!

I know what you mean, it is a shame to hide beautiful shoes! You can always think of it as their way of teasing us. :-) But on the bright side, they are wearing heels! Fashions took a step into hiding the heels this year, but hopefully they will slide back into view as summer and fall fashions show up. My vote is for shorter pants or skirts next season, atleast on the women.

Proudly standing in my patent High Heels

It's all about timing: - one minute they're all hidden under trousers - next the legs and skirts are out - BUT before you know it, the summer flat sandals and flip flops :D - but then autumn and boots! :D And so it repeats.... Am I obsessed or something? :D

You guys all concentrate only on the shoes, apparently. From my perspective, wearing pants with heels, especially if they are somewhat figure hugging (they don't have to be skin-tight), the way a woman walks, that knows how to gracefully walk in hi-heels is much more "stimulating" in pants than in a dress or skirt--the effect is just much more enhanced. And the heels ARE revealed while the legs are moving (which is why FF and others have pointed out that wearing long pants over heels doesn't adequately cover up your secret if you, as a guy, are wearing them as well--try walking along reflective glass at some mall some time and watch your feet, if you don't believe this).

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

From my perspective, wearing pants with heels, especially if they are somewhat figure hugging (they don't have to be skin-tight), the way a woman walks, that knows how to gracefully walk in hi-heels is much more "stimulating" in pants than in a dress or skirt--the effect is just much more enhanced. And the heels ARE revealed while the legs are moving

That's my perspective, too. Thanks a lot for pointing it out so clearly, Azraelle.

BTW, in the pic above you can immediately tell that she (he??) is wearing ankle boots. Just look at the right leg. That could be a pic of me, because that's exactly the way I wear my stilettos around town. Might be a good example how to do it for guys who haven't had the nerve yet to wear their stilettos in public.

High Heels - a true feelgood-factor for everyone

I like the look of long bootcut trousers with heels. And besides, ordinary women seldom wear heels high enough to catch my attention. Also, with the fasion of long pointy toes (clown shoes), it looks better with long flared legs, worn with short trousers or a skirt, those long toes would just look silly.

I don't like the overly long ones for the simple reason that I happen to be interested in the exact height of the heels, the make, the constuction of the uppers, which model they are etc. The trousers reduce my ability to look at these things but there are not many with that interest. I don't think there is anything wrong with the overall look when viewed objectively, especially when one can see the heels during walking.

This may sound contradictory to some of you. I don't like trousers when they cover up any part of the high heel shoe. However, I absolutely love seeing and wearing straight legged jeans where they cover part of the high heel shoe.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

I find it very sexy when only the tip of the shoe shows....and when they sit down, magically the heel shows! But the most SEXY look is definitively with a skirt!!!

For a contrary view - The longer the better. As they stride you get a hint of heel. As you look closer, a lot more heel. Wow! Am I seeing what I think I am? Wow, they are even higher - could they be 5"? No. at least 6". Click! Click! Click! Off they go . . . . A tease always provokes more thought than a show! Vern

All of the above items you fellows have enumerated are quite valid and I quite agree with them. Let me put a little Rant in here. Especially on the younger women--what I hate to see is when the pant legs are so long that the person wearing them is walking on the end of the cuff with their heels. Especially with a stiletto heel. My wife and I have been "Street-heeling" at the local Mall and have commented to each other on the many times we have seen this happen. I don't know how they don't keep tripping themselves on them. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

one for the flip side... this new fashion of long trousers and heels... maybe it's a good thing as these people wouldn't be wearing heels if it wasn't for the long trousers? i.e. of the trousers were normal length then they'd maybe stick to flat shoes but the long trousers are part of the fashion of wearing sexy stiletto heeled boots... what do you think?

Bobsmith:-) I like your flip side and maybe you are right. But let me flip your flip side one more time. How many of the men on this forum would be street-heeling if it wasn't the fact that they can hide their heels with long trousers? I'm not as brave yet as some on here and I for one would not be beginning to street-heel if I couldn't hide all of my heels except for the bottom inch showing. Dawn HH

long trousers over heels, or shorter trousers and let your heels show. Sounds like a personal preference to me. Otherwise, who cares. Is it a mark of bravery or something?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

To answer Dawn's point, we guys didn't have to wait for the current fashion of girl's long trousers to do our own street-heeling in trousers. Us guys have always been in trousers anyway! (Apart from Skirted UK that is!). I've been street-heeling continuously since I was twelve (for 47 years) and always in trousers, regardless of girl's fashions. On shy days I choose trousers 1" off the ground and on bold days I wear much shorter leg-lengths which finish well above the top of the heel. On very bold days I tuck my trousers into the tops of my ankle boots. Around 1980, I experimented by doing this in my 5 1/2" semi-slim stacked heel ankle boots and walking down the full length of London's Oxford Street and back. All went well until half-way through the return journey when I teetered past a gang of young scallywags hanging around on the corner of South Molton Street. A piercing girl's voice shouted "Ooh look, he's wearing girls boots" followed by several lads bellowing "Take them off!!". That was highly intimidating, but undaunted I still sometimes wear them (my highest streetheels) today. Returning to this rant column's topic of trousers, I am most grateful that we guys can use them as a refuge (or semi refuge), but I can't stand them on women at any price. It's criminal when a girl spends all that money on a knockout pair of 4 1/2" stiletto shoes or boots and then hides them from everyone! Being old enough to remember the Golden Age of stilettos in the late fifties and early sixties, believe me it was a thousand times more arousing that the current trouser-trend. All of the girls wore high heeled stiletto court shoes, all of the were steel-tipped (not rubber-tipped) so they clicked away to maximum effect, and all wore skirts and nylons so that the legs and shoes were fully revealed. I am firmly convinced that if every one of you had lived through that incredible sensual era, almost none of you would be making a case for girls in shoe-hiding trousers! Therefore m'lud, I support the motion for this rant against trouser-girls! Cheerfully yours, Heelfan

Onwards and upwards!

Ah! Fashions come, fashions go. Heels are high, heels are low. Fashion is cyclic, according to my wife's older sister. She's in her late 60's and said to our girls just last Sunday that some of the clothes and shoes in the stores this spring were popular 20 or 30 years ago. Capri pants, for one style. So, if one can live long enough, their favorite styles will reappear.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Heelfan:-) What you say is quite true as I lived through the 50's and 60's myself. At that time my favorite hobby was "girl watching" and I spent many enjoyable hours doing that. I would rather see a girl in a skirt or suit myself rather than pants or trousers, and there were some really great outfits to view then. Now a lot of it is left to imagination. Oh, well! Dawn HH

Heelsfan wrote:

I've been street-heeling continuously since I was twelve

I got the first pair of my own heels at age 12. But, the only street heeling I did was at night walking around the block with our dog. What kind of reaction did you get from your friends at that age? Did you wear them openly in all settings? How about your family -- Mother, father, brothers and sisters? They all must have accepted your style of dress without fuss.

Bubba136:-) I also started wearing heels at the age of 12. I was a died-in-the-wool closet crossdresser shortly afterwards. Till the day they all died my sister, Mom, and Dad never knew that I was a crossdresser, and believe it or not, I was lucky enough to never get caught. The only one that knows now are my wife and the people on this board. Cheers--- Dawn HH

You see people bemoaning the lack of women on this board, but when a subject about the length of trousers seen on the street turns into yet another conversation about men wearing heels and cross dressing, one might be able to understand why most women don't find this board entertaining. It's not particularly relavent to either them or mainstream fashion ideas. I'm not critcising the direction the conversation has taken, but merely making an observation relating to the state of afffairs.

hmm.. interesting points firefox!

so my flipside has certainly been re-flipped. i think the fact that this site has so many men wearing heels may put me off showing this site to my girlfriend

http://www.hhplace.org/hhboard/viewtopic.php?t=2988

Why? Well, while I'd like to show her that I'm not the only one with an Obsession for sexy ladies in heels I'm not sure what she'd think of all the men that wear heels. I've certainly read some messages in here where couples have split up because the man has mentioned how much he likes to wear them but the wife (or whatever) didn't approve. I get the feeling that my GF would have similar feelings and showing her this site may be worse than not showing her at all!

Controversial?