pet hate - LONG trousers and heels

Not really controversial Bob. In fact my views are exactly the same. While I openly wear heels in front of colleagues,friends and family, I don't make any reference to websites or tell them about how these fashion trends might be discussed on the internet.

I believe your instinct about not showing her this website is sound -- at least until you can determine more clearly how she will react. We don't want to jeopardize your blooming relationship in any way.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

An update on the heels and trousers.... Seems there's a new fashion to wear heeled boots with jean, but here's the difference, roll-up bottoms on the jeans so the boots are again fully visible! :D thankyou new fasion ideas. anyone got any street shots to illustrate?

A lot of you fellows may like the idea of this new fashion of rolling up your jean bottoms high enough to show the entire boot clear to the top. Some may have a problem rolling them up high enough to show the tops of their thigh boots. Up to the ankle or knee wouldn't be a problem. I think I'll wait a bit to see if this catches on with the public on the streets on a daily basis with the gals and guys before I attempt to start rolling my pant legs up and joining in. I'm not chicken---just cautious. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I think rolling up your pants legs doesn't look nice. Besides looking like you are wearing jeans that are too long for your height, they make your legs look stumpy and really attract attention to your feet. Unless, that is, they are professionally cuffed by a good seamstress or taylor.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 4 weeks later...

The trend behind shorter pants (either lesser inseam or capri) is to show the ankle. A woman's ankle is sexy! Especially with heels. Why? Curves. Although some might disagree with me on this point, I don't find a man's ankle to be nearly as sexy as a woman's (skinnier, more curvy), and my wife isn't particularly attracted to it, either, despite the fact that ours are nearly identical (and I find hers to be very attractive). Women are about curves (curvacious!) while men are about corners (chiseled). As a man who has perhaps the lowest level of testosterone on this board (I don't have boobs, but if I were to stuff one of my wife's bras and let my hair down most would think I were a woman), I would like to emphasize that shorter pants reveal, if not parade, the "lower curves (ankle, slender foot, arch of the foot). Most women have that, and most guys don't. Therefore, most guys just don't look right in shorter inseams, heels or no. But most women do!