My outings...

chesterx

15 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

As an aside, I notice that the actual note is written in a sort of half cursive/half printed script. I wonder what age that makes the writer?

I would guess she (meaning the younger of the two ladies) was in her early twenties. The older lady about 40ish. The kid was too young it seemed to write that legibly...

8 hours ago, chesterx said:

I would guess she (meaning the younger of the two ladies) was in her early twenties. The older lady about 40ish. The kid was too young it seemed to write that legibly...

My traditional Zaner-Bloser script dates me, same as my parents' Palmer Method dates them. My 12 year old, on the other hand, can't seem to make a "4" so that it doesn't look like a "9," or a "0" that doesn't look like a "6".

As to the real subject at hand, at first I thought the whole note thing was a bit creepy, but now maybe I am softening my thoughts a little bit. At least it's much better than a nasty note!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

As to the real subject at hand, at first I thought the whole note thing was a bit creepy, but now maybe I am softening my thoughts a little bit. At least it's much better than a nasty note!

Have to say that the way the note was worded did not convey any creepiness IMHO.  I thought it was pretty cool that a woman would want to compliment a guy in heels.  Also, if @chesterx had been a jerk in the driving part of this scene, the note would have either been not left or nasty in nature...lol.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2021 at 5:50 PM, Jkrenzer said:

I must be getting old, what does "You do you boo!" mean?

"You do you" means be yourself. Go ahead and do your thing.  Boo is a term of affection like dear or sweetheart, or baby.  I someone said hey boo, then it mostlikely means dear.  if they say "My boo", then it's most likely their significant other. 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Just the usual quick outings lately, and other than the occasional compliment, nothing much to say about them. In a first for me I lost possession of my phone while grocery shopping. I sat it down on the counter when I was paying for my smoothie. They sent an employee out into the store to find me and return it. Seems as though I am easy to remember for some reason...:chuckle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 months later...

It finally happened to me. Guess it was inevitable. Stopped off at the local mall to check out a sale at a boutique I have not been to before. Put on my David Charles wedges & off I went in search of the store. As I was looking around trying to find it I caught a seam in the pavement & "down goes Frazier". Geez, how embarrassing. Managed to even slip my foot out of the front of the shoe. Was only a few steps from my destination so I was able to limp inside & find a place to sit down & re-attach my shoe. A few people got a good laugh out of it, but otherwise no injuries, other than my ego that is...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It happens and there is nothing you can do about it.  My ankles were so bad that I could turn my ankle and go down over the smallest of pebbles in runners.  Three ankle reconstructions fixed my issues, but I have fallen since on a cobble stone type walkway in heels.

• Like 1

Love the reference to "down goes Frazier."  You must be "old" like me - ha ha.  For all the young'ins out there here is the clip, a classic from the Jan 1973 heavyweight fight between Joe Frazier and George Foreman.     

I have never taken tumble in my heels, but have been close a few times.  Glad you are / were OK.  Be safe, have fun....   sf  

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I have never taken a tumble due to uneven surfaces, but I've eaten it due to a low coefficient of friction, and right in front of people, no less. The plastic heel tips that are OEM equipment on many shoes can be treacherous on polished flooring! Once replaced with hard rubber, no problem, unless snow and ice are involved.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mlroseplant said:

I have never taken a tumble due to uneven surfaces, but I've eaten it due to a low coefficient of friction, and right in front of people, no less. The plastic heel tips that are OEM equipment on many shoes can be treacherous on polished flooring! Once replaced with hard rubber, no problem, unless snow and ice are involved.

Yeah, a slippery smooth floor has taken me out also

• 2 weeks later...

It also happened to me in a hotel. The wooden soil in the bar was unexpectedly slippery. Same as you no physical pain but a bruised ego. I sat in the less noticeable place and it took long before I got up again. Never a beer has taken such a long time to be swallowed.  

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Just got a summons for jury duty at the end of the month. I wonder if it would cause an issue if I wore heels to the proceedings. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this subject matter?

• Like 1

chesterx : I was involved in a situation about three (3) years ago . A Hispanic construction worker drove to the end of my/this street to turn around in a truck and trailer . He just turned around in my yard and kept going. I was at my computer at the window and saw it all . Went down the street to the construction site to confrunt the driver about the damaged he caused . Short story =He did not care . I called the Sheriff. The deouty came, she went to talk to the Mixican. He gave her a blast of shit . She arrested him . We went to court . I wore five (5 ") inch heels . The prosicuter loved/liked my shoes . Do not what the final outcome with the Mexican . He was ordered back to court . Second time I did not attend . Mike😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, chesterx said:

Just got a summons for jury duty at the end of the month. I wonder if it would cause an issue if I wore heels to the proceedings. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this subject matter?

Honestly i all but guarantee you'll be excused by both sides.

• Like 1

It all depends on the kind of town or county you are in. If you are in a Bible belt, redneck town, the prosecutor will drop you in a heartbeat. In San Francisco, nobody cares what kind of shoes or clothing you wear so long as it's not too outlandish.

• Like 1

I will never serve on a jury.  The defense has always excuse me once they learn of my profession.  But I now have a medical excuse that prevents me from being called altogether.

• Like 1

I would love to sit on a jury, but I will never be seated for reasons that I won't go into right now.  When I get called, I get excused quickly, a shame because I am the type of person YOU would want on a jury, fair and impartial, willing to consider all sides and make a just decision based on the merits presented.  As for wearing heels, never wore heels to jury service since it never happened.  But I don't see why not.  Go for it.  Dress nice, enjoy the experience, then be fair and impartial and convict the sob - ha ha...  Last part - only if proven "beyond a reasonable doubt."  Have fun....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I’ve been on two. The Scottish system allows for no excusals. Pick 15 from a pool of 120 for the Sheriff court or 15 from 60 for the high court. You can ask for excusal once you hear the charge sheet. Say if you are a childcare nurse in a child abuse case or a banker in a fraud trial.

Wear your heels, it’s the perfect environment, full of strangers. Walk tall walk proudly.

• Like 3

Some years ago, a potential juror asked the presiding judge at Lewes Crown Court (East Sussex) to excuse him on the grounds that his wife ‘was about to conceive’. The judge replied: ‘I think you mean that your wife is about to be confined* - but as you should be present in either situation, you are excused.’.

*a somewhat archaic term meaning about to give birth, although of course we still refer (in the UK at least) to a pregnant woman’s ‘confinement’.

• 4 weeks later...

Well shuxs, guess I won't get to find out, as my service has been cancelled. Was actually looking forward to it as I don't have many events in the near future that would make for a good outing to get dressed up for...

• 1 month later...

Not much has been happening with me that is worth mentioning. Other than the odd compliment here & there not many people care to mention my heel wear. Kinda a bummer, as I have come to enjoy the interaction I was getting early on in my outings. I did have a fine time on a recent lake cruise. Its not often I have gotten to dance in public in heels. I wore my rock stud knockoffs in nude & gave them a good workout. There was a hen party going on & I got in plenty of dancing with the young ladies. Was a bit disappointed that none of them wore heels. I dont see many younger ladies wearing any type of heel around here come to think of it.

I had a few days off from work due to illness, so I finally got my shoe collection sorted out. I caught myself ordering a pair that I already owned & had to cancel the order. Not the 1st time I've done that either. So I pulled everything out & categorized them, took a photo, & stacked them neatly in my closets. Turns out I have 84 pairs, with one more on the way, that one is going to be a swap out for a pair I already own. Its one of my favorite styles & the heel tap is worn down. Not going to repair them cause they never really fit & could blister me if I wore them too long.

• Like 1

Give us a picture of your collection when you are finished cataloguing! I am also sick today, but that mainly involves not being able to get too far away from a toilet, a result (I think) of having tried a salsa labelled "inferno" last night. Will I ever learn?

It seems our collections are very similar in size, but I need to take an exact count, as I have divested myself of several pair recently, and purchased several pair, so I am not 100% sure how many I have. It's around 80, though.

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Give us a picture of your collection when you are finished cataloguing! I am also sick today, but that mainly involves not being able to get too far away from a toilet, a result (I think) of having tried a salsa labelled "inferno" last night. Will I ever learn?

It seems our collections are very similar in size, but I need to take an exact count, as I have divested myself of several pair recently, and purchased several pair, so I am not 100% sure how many I have. It's around 80, though.

A toilet??   What is this strange facility?   I thought that, in the US, you only have washrooms, bathrooms, comfort stations ...