My outings...

chesterx

1 hour ago, Cali said:

What nail tools do you have?  Hydrogen peroxide? Polish remover? Brushes? Cotton?  

just polish remover & qtips. I think it my just be either staining or possibly an old bruise from when I 1st jammed it 2 weeks ago, you know how much that can hurt.

Edited by chesterx

7 hours ago, chesterx said:

just polish remover & qtips. I think it my just be either staining or possibly an old bruise from when I 1st jammed it 2 weeks ago, you know how much that can hurt.

I won't say I know nothing about fake nails having spent lots of time at a nail salon, but I've never worn them myself, nor have either of my wives. Looking again at your photo, I think your explanation of hurting your finger makes the most sense. That doesn't look like fungus to me, it looks like you smashed your finger with a hammer! Been there, done that a few times. I think, like Cali said, I'd soak that sucker in acetone for a good little bit, and see if you can't coax some of that residue off with something soft, like an orange wood stick, or ever a popsicle stick, if you haven't got a proper cuticle pusher. Certainly don't use anything metal on that nail, it's already looking fragile. Hopefully that residue will at least come off.

DIY home spa mani/pedi.  Assemble what you need:

Low chair (beach chair)

Foil,  Cotton (from medicine bottles), acetone remover, Tweezers, cuticle pusher, scrapers, ...., files, 

Qtips (not shown), Water bucket  (not shown), thrash

Polish

Get the tools to do it right and take the time to do it right. Not like there is some place to go.  Give your nails ample time to dry

That's just some of my colors and I have the brushes and tools to do art.

You need to keep you nails clean, scrub your nails with a nail brush as part of your hand cleaning routine.

Be safe and have fun.

DIYnailshh.JPG

Here is my toolkit, although it might be of limited interest, because no one in our household wears nail polish or artificial nails.

- 2 gallon washtub

- 4 sided buffing block

- 2 sided emory board

- orange wood stick (for cuticle pushing)

- spoon shaped metal digger (don't know what it's really called--use it mainly on big toenails to clean out underneath the corners of the nails)

- cuticle nippers, Nghia brand from Vietnam (the best in the world for nails, haha). I don't know why they are called cuticle nippers, DON'T ever use them for that. If some nail tech ever tries to cut your skin with these, give her a good dope-slap. I use these "diagonal cutters" for actually cutting nail length, rather than a traditional clipper. A regular nail clipper does not work well for me.

Like Cali says, have fun, and take your time! I'm slower than Christmas, just ask my wife. I took care of her feet last night. I'm glad she's happy, but I sure wouldn't want to do that for a living.

NailTools.jpg

Edited by mlroseplant
Accidentally posted before I was finished
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Cali said:

The cuticle nippers are use to cut dead cuticle skin around the edges.  @mlroseplant I hope your client last night was a good tipper.

I guess it depends on what you're calling the cuticle. What I've generally seen is nail techs using "cuticle" nippers to cut dead skin on the proximal/lateral nail fold. In my opinion, this is a questionable practice, except in extreme cases, where the buildup of dead skin is excessive. I feel kind of funny discussing this on someone else's thread in detail. If it's a true item of interest, maybe we can start another thread?

By the way, my client was very gracious, she didn't yell at me at all, even though I caused her some amount of personal pain.

Edited by mlroseplant

picked up what supplies I could find & will take a shot at cleaning things up tomorrow. It looks like the discoloration is under my nail, so I think it was bruising. Hope it turns out good enough to last through this mess...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went grocery shopping today after work, which is the best I can do outing wise these days. I wore my Chelsea Moreland nude sandals I have posted a picture of on November 30, 2019 as I wanted to show off my newly painted toenails. Tried to take a new pick with the jeans I wore but it turned out of focus.I would not have bothered to add this trip to my journal as it was so brief, but I got such a nice compliment that I want to remember it. As I was selecting detergent a young lady turned down the isle. As she past she smiled and said she liked my "heels". You know, I've had dozens of compliments from men & women alike about my shoes, but this is the first time someone has said they liked my heels. To me, it felt like it was an acknowledgement that I'm not just wearing shoes, I'm wearing Heels. That gave me such a great feeling inside.

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 3

Another brief trip to Walmart for supplies. Nothing of note occurred, other than the opportunity to wear this pair of red patent strappy heels I have had for a few weeks, but have yet to wear in public. They fit & wore well compared to my other sandals that tend to eat my feet up more so than pumps do. Plan to wear them out and about more often. They are from a company in San Fransisco named Daily Shoes. Dont remember how I found their website but I'm glad I did because I like these heels.

P1010318.JPG

• Like 9

Spent the morning walking around my local hardware garden center, looking for deals & trouble. Found neither, but got to walk around in my black platform pumps from Hot Tomato for longer than I had been able to the last few weeks. Bought some WD40 just to make it look like I had a reason to be there. Then got my grocery shopping done for the week. Nothing of note happened at either venue, other than a nice smile from a young teen lady in front of me at the checkout line.

P1010319.JPG

• Like 6

Nice look chesterx. I like your black suede pumps. Thanks for posting the pic. I wore a pair of brown pumps with  khaki leggings while shopping in Walmart the other day. I did get noticed but no comments as my wife was  with me.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• 2 weeks later...

Another quick outing today to pick up some food. Really only notable because I finally made myself wear these pumps. The color has always struck me as being a bit over the top for public wear. I figured today was a gloomy, rainy day & I wanted to brighten things up a bit, so off I went. Of course, nothing came of it, and my nails as usual got all the attention. I'm so happy the salons are back open again.

P1010323.JPG

• Like 8

15 hours ago, chesterx said:

Another quick outing today to pick up some food. Really only notable because I finally made myself wear these pumps. The color has always struck me as being a bit over the top for public wear. I figured today was a gloomy, rainy day & I wanted to brighten things up a bit, so off I went. Of course, nothing came of it, and my nails as usual got all the attention. I'm so happy the salons are back open again.

The ankle bracelet is a nice touch!

• Like 1

Getting back to normal, somewhat. 1st time I have had a sit down meal in a restaurant in months. Went to my local cracker barrel for a fried fish lunch.  Then to the grocery store for my weekly supplies. Went smoothly with no comments or noticeable second glances. Seems to be the norm these days. I did see not one, but two of my neighbors at the grocery store, but they didn't see me. I don't really care if they do see me wearing heels, but I'd rather not deal with it if I can avoid it. I wore my nude open toe pumps from Torrid as I wanted to show off my nails a bit. I also wore my skinny jeans by Reba that I got on sale awhile back. They are short enough that I don't have to turn up the cuff to show off my Aporro anklet. Not planning on any other outings so this will probably be it for this weekend.

P1010326.JPG

• Like 8

Very nice chesterx! I like your peep toe pumps. It shows off your red pedi. I wore a pair of black peep toe pumps last night on a short jaunt out with a pair of jean jeggings much like your wearing. My red pedi was showing too.  I had to go to Lowe's to get a couple of things. Had a couple looks but just went about my business. I should of worn my anklet like you did. I like that look too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

So happy my outings are getting back to normal. Spent a good 6 hours or so this afternoon out and about. 1st stop was to my nail salon for a fresh set. Then a stop at my cable company office, finally drop TV service I haven't used in months what with steaming services available. Next I stopped by my favorite coin shop to place an order, then lunch at an Italian restaurant I'm fond of. Final stop was for groceries. A nice young lady that worked there went out of her way to compliment me on my heels, said she was impressed I could walk around in 6" heels when she struggled to wear kitten heels. I started to tell her that they were merely 4 1/2" heels, but  6" sounded funner, so I let it slide. It was good to get complimented like that, like before the social distancing stuff kicked in. Saw one lady wearing some nice black caged sandals, almost as high as mine, but didn't get a chance to compliment her. Other than that, mostly flip flops & sneakers, as usual...I wore my favorite pair of Nine West pumps that are breaking in quite nicely, a pair of bling jeans by Sexy Couture that I just got in, and a top by Perry Ellis. I'm tempted to pop out tomorrow for dinner, but I need to drop a couple of pounds...

P1010328.JPG

• Like 7

Looking good chesterx.  Finally able to dine at a restaurant, albeit outdoor seating only, last Friday.  I was shocked but very pleased to have a couple come in and be seated at a nearby table as she was wearing a pair of black suede stilettos that looked to be close to a 5" heel.  Don't see ladies in shoes like that but once or twice a year in my neck of the woods.  Made my evening!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

My employer has recalled us from work at home. Today was the 1st  day in our new office. It is a further drive for me than our old office by about 20 minutes. I dont care much for that, but the building is very nice & I'm just dying to get a pair of pumps on the flooring. Concrete parking garage, Long marbled floor lobby, & tiled hallways thru-out. I was lucky enough to be behind the only women I saw wearing heels & they made such a lovely sound. I forgot how jealous I can get...

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chesterx said:

My employer has recalled us from work at home. Today was the 1st  day in our new office. It is a further drive for me than our old office by about 20 minutes. I dont care much for that, but the building is very nice & I'm just dying to get a pair of pumps on the flooring. Concrete parking garage, Long marbled floor lobby, & tiled hallways thru-out. I was lucky enough to be behind the only women I saw wearing heels & they made such a lovely sound. I forgot how jealous I can get...

Luckily, I can't get jealous at work. No heels in construction. It would be quite inadvisable!

Yesterday I left work before noon to meet a window installer at my house. He was done quick enough that I had a couple of spare hours left of daylight, so I threw on my white Gloria Vanderbilt jeans & my Black napa Calvin Klein pumps & took a drive into town. Stopped at Academys to buy some shells for my 12 gauge. Dont know if its an ominous sign or not, but they were nearly sold out of ammo of all types. Bought some skeet rounds & a Under Armor shirt that was on sale. Nothing of note happened here, so I went across the way for a late lunch at Chilies. The server was really nice & loved my nails, we had a long conversation about nails in general & other fashion topics. My heels didn't come up in our discussion by I really enjoyed it. Made my day. Again, no one seemed to care about me wearing heels. Was a good outing overall...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, chesterx said:

Yesterday I left work before noon to meet a window installer at my house. He was done quick enough that I had a couple of spare hours left of daylight, so I threw on my white Gloria Vanderbilt jeans & my Black napa Calvin Klein pumps & took a drive into town. Stopped at Academys to buy some shells for my 12 gauge. Dont know if its an ominous sign or not, but they were nearly sold out of ammo of all types. Bought some skeet rounds & a Under Armor shirt that was on sale. Nothing of note happened here, so I went across the way for a late lunch at Chilies. The server was really nice & loved my nails, we had a long conversation about nails in general & other fashion topics. My heels didn't come up in our discussion by I really enjoyed it. Made my day. Again, no one seemed to care about me wearing heels. Was a good outing overall...

Would have loved to been along on this outing for sure....You must have been the main topic of discussion at the gun shop, but the discussion didn't start until after you left....

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 11:39 AM, chesterx said:

Dont know if its an ominous sign or not, but they were nearly sold out of ammo of all types.

Yep - - It's flying off the shelves. Firearm purchases are way up too.

• 2 weeks later...

Took today off to make for a long weekend. Got most of my errands for this weekend done today. Started with an fitting appointment at Nordstroms. I got in a nice light blue pant suit on sale from Long Tall Sally (they are going out of business), it has pretty little pin dots all over it, & it will nicely match those blue pumps I have coming from ItalianHeels.com. Unfortunately, it was far too large for me to wear in public. I needed the pants length shortened, the blazer sleeves shortened, & the sides taken in.  I didn't know that Nordstrom did alterations, & it was reasonably priced, so I booked an appointment. That was kinda fun & intend to get more custom fitting done in the future. After the fitting was complete I went next door to Claire's boutique & got my ear pierced, so now they are both pierced. Along with the stud earrings I bought a couple of necklaces that I thought were cute. Then I stopped at Romano's Macaroni Grill for some grilled salmon, pasta, & a little wine. Savored that visit for a while then stopped off at my nail salon for a new set. Went with a crazy purple glitter dip that is sure to draw some attention. They were not busy & I was able to have a good conversation with a lady & her daughter about a range of topics. I enjoyed that, as it is usually to noisy to hold a conversation for any period of time. My final stop was at the hardware store, as my house is getting overrun with fire ants. I suppose the dry weather is driving them in to look for food & water. It is pissing me off getting stung just minding my own business in my own house, so I got some poison to spread around the foundation with hopes it will keep the little buggers at bay. Took a casual stroll around the shop looking for any bargains, though none were to be had. Then back home after filling up the car with gas.

I find that when I'm out like this actually doing planned stops, as opposed to just looking for an excuse to wear heels in public, gives me the most satisfaction. Not sure why, I suppose its just the sense of purpose when out in public. Sure have come along way from my 1st outings when I took pains to hide my heels.

I wore my Levis skinny fit jeans & a new top by Tommy Hilfiger (that I got a drop of olive oil on...grrr...) & my Jessica Simpson black pumps. I have worn them enough now that they are broken in & I can wear them for hours on end with no problems at all. My Nine West & Calvin Klein pumps are reaching that state as well, so I'm happy about my current state of footware.

I expect a couple of additional excursion will be coming this weekend, but nothing as involved as today.

Y'all have a happy & safe fourth of July!

P1010329.JPG

• Like 5

OK  on the purple glitter mani, chesterx. With the 4th of July coming up you should of had some red, white and blue color on your nails. That's what I'm doing tomorrow at my first appointment with my manicurist in months, for a pedi and some nail art on my little pinkies. My manicurist is an expert in nail art. I'm looking forward  to my appointment.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay