My outings...

chesterx

Didn't have a lot planned for today & my toes were still smarting from yesterday, so I kept my outing brief & my heels mid-height. A stop by the theater & the grocery store. While waiting for my order to arrive at the theater concession, two young ladies were cleaning up a popcorn spill near me after the carpet monster attacked a young child. It was inevitable that one would notice my  heels. "Oh, I love how your heels & jeans match! <name>, check out his heels." The other lady kinda surprised me by saying "Yeah, I know about him, he gets his nails done too..." Apparently I'm famous among the staff at this theater! We had a nice little chat for a bit till my food arrived. I wished them a good night as they argued about who was working next weekend or some other office intrigue. That was pretty cool. Nothing else of matter occurred outside of the normal notices. I wore dark brown (though not as dark as the photo depicts) by Gloria Vanderbilt & dark brown heels by INC in a snake skin print. I like this look & can wear these INC brand heels with ease. Oh well, another heeling weekend gone. Going to be a long wait for the next one...    

P1010303.JPG

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, chesterx said:

Happy Birthday to me :sad:....

ouch.jpg

Good heavens! What happened?

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

5 hours ago, chesterx said:

Happy Birthday to me :sad:....

ouch.jpg

Yeah, you could use a fill, but isn't that a bit of an extreme measure to disguise that fact?

Sorry. Is it too soon? Hope everything's all right.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Yeah, you could use a fill, but isn't that a bit of an extreme measure to disguise that fact?

Sorry. Is it too soon? Hope everything's all right.

Heh, I was scheduled for a Saturday appointment for a fill.  Have to wait and see how it heals. Don't want any acetone getting in there!

17 hours ago, JeffB said:

Good heavens! What happened?

I was cutting open a box with a utility knife. It was an old & beat up knife I just should have thrown out long ago. It jammed up when I tried to retract it & I tried to force it. I failed. It cost me a trip to the emergency room & 7 stitches, but the nurses did compliment me on my nails!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, chesterx said:

I was cutting open a box with a utility knife. It was an old & beat up knife I just should have thrown out long ago. It jammed up when I tried to retract it & I tried to force it. I failed. It cost me a trip to the emergency room & 7 stitches, but the nurses did compliment me on my nails!

Well, I certainly hope you DID replace that knife!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

1st weekend in recent memory when I didn't get a chance to wear heels & the worlds economy goes spinning off the tracks. Cause & effect? No since taking chances, so I hereby pledge to wear heels in public at least once per week! Its for the common good...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had an awful morning to start the day. Was almost to the office when I heard a hideous bang from the rear of my vehicle followed by a continuous thumping noise when moving. It appears something in the axle assembly gave out. I called AAA from the nearest parking lot I could find, & got towed to my mechanics shop after a couple of hours. I have spent far too much money over the last few months, & now it looks like the economy is tanking, so another large expense is all I need right now. After securing a rental car I returned home just short of noon. Not wanting to waste a half-day, I got in a couple outings  I was planning for Saturday. I wore my new rockstud clones from FSJ for the afternoon excursions. 1st stop was at my nail salon for an overdue fill. Then a stop by a new hair salon that I had a coupon for, so it was worth checking them out. Nothing out of the norm happened at either location. Final stop was my local food jobber for the next weeks' supplies. It was amazing to see the Wuhan virus frenzy in full effect, as most items were wiped off the shelf, good luck getting bottled water! That made no sense to me, I can't see them shutting off the local water supply for an illness, a hurricane, yes, but then again, I have very little experience with mass hysteria on this magnitude. Again, very little outside of the norm when it came to my heels in public, with 1 notable exception. As I was contemplating the myriad offerings of the corn chip aisle, a young lady came up to me and said she loved the heels and was looking for a pair like them. I told her where I bought them, then she pulled up the website on her phone. After seeing the huge selection to flip through, she asked if she could take a picture & search for them later. I agreed, then we chatted a bit about how crazy the virus scare has become, then went our separate ways. It was a fun way to end a depressing start to the day.

P1010304.JPG

• Like 4

Must have felt great, I am overdue for a compliment, maybe this weekend in San Antonio or tomorrow in LA...  Sure hope the car issue is something simple/inexpensive...  We foolishly went to the food store yesterday also, I notice the run on bottled water as well....  Oh well...

9 hours ago, chesterx said:

Had an awful morning to start the day. Was almost to the office when I heard a hideous bang from the rear of my vehicle followed by a continuous thumping noise when moving. It appears something in the axle assembly gave out. I called AAA from the nearest parking lot I could find, & got towed to my mechanics shop after a couple of hours. I have spent far too much money over the last few months, & now it looks like the economy is tanking, so another large expense is all I need right now. After securing a rental car I returned home just short of noon. Not wanting to waste a half-day, I got in a couple outings  I was planning for Saturday. I wore my new rockstud clones from FSJ for the afternoon excursions. 1st stop was at my nail salon for an overdue fill. Then a stop by a new hair salon that I had a coupon for, so it was worth checking them out. Nothing out of the norm happened at either location. Final stop was my local food jobber for the next weeks' supplies. It was amazing to see the Wuhan virus frenzy in full effect, as most items were wiped off the shelf, good luck getting bottled water! That made no sense to me, I can't see them shutting off the local water supply for an illness, a hurricane, yes, but then again, I have very little experience with mass hysteria on this magnitude. Again, very little outside of the norm when it came to my heels in public, with 1 notable exception. As I was contemplating the myriad offerings of the corn chip aisle, a young lady came up to me and said she loved the heels and was looking for a pair like them. I told her where I bought them, then she pulled up the website on her phone. After seeing the huge selection to flip through, she asked if she could take a picture & search for them later. I agreed, then we chatted a bit about how crazy the virus scare has become, then went our separate ways. It was a fun way to end a depressing start to the day.

P1010304.JPG

Really glad you had a good ending to what started as a bad day, amazing how we can transform our day with this passion.

Really nice shoes by the way, look great with your jeans 

• Like 1

Man what a sad situation we are in. Went out to buy groceries & 2 hrs later my weekend outings are over. At least the panic buying has calmed down. It is rainy to boot, so I wore my nude mid heel pumps by INC out of caution. Saw one other young lady wearing some black pumps a little taller than my own. Turns out from the name tag she was wearing that she is a bank employee. Everyone else was wearing horrid gym kits. I still remember when folks would make an effort to dress nicely when going out in public. What can you do other than set a good example....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chesterx said:

Man what a sad situation we are in. Went out to buy groceries & 2 hrs later my weekend outings are over. At least the panic buying has calmed down. It is rainy to boot, so I wore my nude mid heel pumps by INC out of caution. Saw one other young lady wearing some black pumps a little taller than my own. Turns out from the name tag she was wearing that she is a bank employee. Everyone else was wearing horrid gym kits. I still remember when folks would make an effort to dress nicely when going out in public. What can you do other than set a good example....

You were very fortunate to spot a young lady wearing heels period!  'Tis a rare sight these days.  Of course, now no one is out and about at all, so these days would actually refer to just before the Covid-19 social distancing!  And you know, why do we have to have a catch phrase for everything these days.  Social distancing is a stupid term IMHO.  

29 minutes ago, RonC said:

And you know, why do we have to have a catch phrase for everything these days.  Social distancing is a stupid term IMHO.  

Seems to me people today are just lazy. Virtue signaling is the laziest form of social warrioring. Catch phrases make virtue signaling even lazier...

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, chesterx said:

Seems to me people today are just lazy. Virtue signaling is the laziest form of social warrioring. Catch phrases make virtue signaling even lazier...

I also find it disheartening that many people seem to formulate or disseminate (or both) their political philosophies largely based on memes. The phrase "social distancing" doesn't bug me that much, I guess it's descriptive and completely neutral. There are some other catchphrases that do bug me, but I won't mention them on here, as we're not really allowed to discuss politics.

Got in a little bit of shopping today as I needed some prescriptions refilled. Didn't spend too much time wondering around though, so as to limit my exposure level. Then stopped by a sandwich shop for lunch to go. Way too short of a time to truly enjoy my heels, but we all have to make sacrifices these days.  At least I got to try my newest heels out in the wild. They are a pair of rockstud clones, this time by Torta Caliente. I have taken a shine to this style as I find it to be classy with out being ostentatious, and I got them for 25$. I was pleasantly surprised at just how comfortable they were, I could have worn these all day with ease. This is the softest synthetic leather I have run across. I don't know how long they will hold together, but I intend to find out, as I am adding them to my regular rotation.

P1010306.JPG

• Like 2

Very nice chesterx.  I'd enjoy those as well.  Do they come in size 11, or even better, 11W?

I answered my own questions - on line at ShoeShoe/ShoreDepartment and available in sizes to 13 and wide widths.  Heel looks higher in their photos of the shoes than in your photos though.

Edited by RonC
add a comment

1 hour ago, ohnoberty said:

Very nice! they don't look that high from the angle of the photo, but it's obviously just an illusion, as is often the case.

Heh, heh, we've had this discussion before on JeffB's page. It may be that the angle of the photograph does have something to do with it, but by the time you get up to size 13, numerical heel heights can be deceptive. A 3 1/2" heel in my friend's size of 5 1/2 U.S. women's is a decent amount of steepness, not crazy, but definitely a "high" heel. The same 3 1/2" heel height in Jeff's size is practically a kitten heel! I think that's another part of what may be going on with this photo.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Heh, heh, we've had this discussion before on JeffB's page. It may be that the angle of the photograph does have something to do with it, but by the time you get up to size 13, numerical heel heights can be deceptive. A 3 1/2" heel in my friend's size of 5 1/2 U.S. women's is a decent amount of steepness, not crazy, but definitely a "high" heel. The same 3 1/2" heel height in Jeff's size is practically a kitten heel! I think that's another part of what may be going on with this photo.

Very true.  Most makers do increase heel height as sizes increase to maintain the aesthetic of the design.  Not all, but I would say most do to at least some extent.  

Many of the chinese knockoff makes use tbe same heel regardless of size. Great if wear an 8 women's. 

I've even had a pair once that the angle of the last actually was high while the heel was easily 1/2 too short. The toe tip sat nearly a half inch off the floor with then bend of sole and on the floor. As a result the heel was not square to the floor, guaranteed to break with tbe bending moment caused by the top of heel behind the bottom of it. Buyer beware. 

Another way too short outing. Just to the grocery store & sandwich shop. Wore my brown snakeskin print mid-heels by INC & some jeans. Doesn't feel right wearing anything bolder or edgy these days so keeping it subdued for awhile. Got a compliment from the sandwich girl on my nails, then popped one off on my way out the door, so back to the store for some superglue...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cali said:

You could do a marathon in your apartment, maybe change heels every hour.  It's tough, I find myself on-line 12+ hours a day.

Yeah, my screen is gonna burn out also

I could use some help. Some of y'all have been wearing nails longer than I have & may have some advice. This nail lifted then finally broke off, it looks bad to me. Of course, all the nail salons are shut down for the foreseeable future & I dont know what to do about this.

20200410_145108.jpg

What is the blue, glue?  Any fungus?

I have non-glue on acrylic nails and my real nail are long

What nail tools do you have?

To get that glue off (if it is glue) first cut yourself a rectangle of foil to go around the finger nail at least 1 1/2 times. Then soak some cotton in nail polish remove, place on top of nail and cover with foil. Let it set for ten minutes then use your pusher to gentle push it off.

1 hour ago, Cali said:

What is the blue, glue?  Any fungus?

I have non-glue on acrylic nails and my real nail are long

What nail tools do you have?

To get that glue off (if it is glue) first cut yourself a rectangle of foil to go around the finger nail at least 1 1/2 times. Then soak some cotton in nail polish remove, place on top of nail and cover with foil. Let it set for ten minutes then use your pusher to gentle push it off.

This was the last set my tech did before the lockdown. The other fingers are dipping powder, which i prefer. This one was done with the old style acrylic for the design i wanted. It started lifting on me 2 weeks ago from rough use. I used super glue but i dont think it sealed completely, letting debris get under it to the point it came off, with the end of my nail with it. Hoping its just discolored & not fungus. I'm letting it air out for 24hrs, then I'm going to see if Its the remnants of the glue. If its not then I'm not sure what to do next.