My outings...

chesterx

4 hours ago, SF said:

Just last weekend I was visiting the town that I lived in last year.  I went into a store that I frequented in heels when I lived there.  During all my visits in heels, not a word was said.  Now a year later I go to do business and the first thing that owner and her husband ask is, "where are your heels?"  I was not in heels at the time.  We all laughed and I told them that they were at home.  She went on to comment that she thought my heels looked nice, as do yours I might add.    

I just visited my doctor's office for a regular appointment. As I was registering, the other receptionist looked over and asked me "What cute heels do you have on today? I saw your nails and heard your voice and I know you always have the best heels?"

Unfortunately , I had old (very old) Steve Madden Mules - wedges on, but I promised I would wear my Jessica Simpson knee high stilettos  next time.

EXPECTATIONS don't you just love it when you have special expectations.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Cali said:

I just visited my doctor's office for a regular appointment. As I was registering, the other receptionist looked over and asked me "What cute heels do you have on today? I saw your nails and heard your voice and I know you always have the best heels?"

Unfortunately , I had old (very old) Steve Madden Mules - wedges on, but I promised I would wear my Jessica Simpson knee high stilettos  next time.

EXPECTATIONS don't you just love it when you have special expectations.

Yeah, I've got the same situation at my dentist. In fact, I have an appointment there in less than a month, and I will have to take off work 2 hours earlier than I absolutely need to in order to have time to come home, shower, change clothes, and drive back up there. If I don't show up in heels, I'm gonna hear about it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A typical half day of work, only this time I had my regular physical exam scheduled 1st thing in the morning. I had originally intended to wear heels to this visit, as I did with my dentist, but the more I thought about it,  the idea of getting a prostate exam while wearing 4" pumps was a bridge I was just not willing to cross! After work I put on my black heels by 14th & Union. Only two stops today, the 1st being my ford dealership to return a core part. I've been in there so many times they recognize the heel wearing guy by name. He even remembered my mom was sick & asked how she was doing. I thought that was so cool. My last stop was at Walmart to pick up gun cleaning supplies for my 1st trip to the shooting range in months. They were out of ammo so I will have to buy the over priced rounds at the range. I didn't notice any second looks while I was in the store but as I passed through the lot a lady who was gathering carts said she loved my heels as I walked past. I thanked her, then she asked if I was breaking them in. I replied that indeed I was, as they were still a bit stiff. As I was driving home I thought about how kind of odd it was that she asked if I was breaking them in, as I had never been asked that before. It lead me to ponder women's remarks in general. I'm of the mind that women are not so much in "love" with my heels, as I tend to wear classic styles. I don't recall ever hearing women compliment each others heels so much when they are wearing simple classic pumps, but I get that a lot. I think they are just fascinated by a guy wearing heels. If I ever get a chance to hold a descent conversation with these women then I intend to ask them about that...

P1010293.JPG

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 5

Every time I go to the doctor he wants to do a prostate exam...  I am wondering, should I be seeing a different dentist??  ha ha....   I'm with you on the doctors visit...  I have had two ladies over the years ask me if I was wearing heels 'cause I lost a bet...  Thought that was funny...  I told 'em no.....   have fun.      sf

• Haha 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

11 hours ago, chesterx said:

As I was driving home I thought about how kind of odd it was that she asked if I was breaking them in, as I had never been asked that before. It lead me to ponder women's remarks in general. I'm of the mind that women are not so much in "love" with my heels, as I tend to wear classic styles. I don't recall ever hearing women compliment each others heels so much when they are wearing simple classic pumps, but I get that a lot. I think they are just fascinated by a guy wearing heels. If I ever get a chance to hold a descent conversation with these women then I intend to ask them about that...

That is an odd question. I wonder what prompted it? I cannot speak to the classic pumps thing, as I don't really own a pair of classic pumps, but I think many women are, in fact, fascinated by a guy in heels, and it's not necessarily just younger ones. I know the old ladies at my church are always checking to see what I'm wearing on any given Sunday. I try not to repeat too often for this very reason!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I know the old ladies at my church are always checking to see what I'm wearing on any given Sunday. I try not to repeat too often for this very reason!

Be careful @mlroseplant, you are setting yourself up for increased expectations. What would happen if you wore the same heels 3 weeks in a row?  :giggle:

• Haha 3

Friday was a typical half-day & I decided to wear my booties that resemble wingtips, except of course for the 4" heel that is. That was it for heeling on Friday other that a quick stop by the post office. Saturday was a some what busy one. I started with an appointment at the nail salon. The work stations are too low for me to wear heels, so I wore some flats instead. After swapping out my flats for my black patent Sam Edelman pumps I had a stop by an office to renew my carry permit. I got a compliment on my nails when she took my finger prints. Then it was time to catch a movie at the local AMX theater. Couple of notices, otherwise uneventful. Then I stopped to grab a late lunch. Again, it was uneventful. Lastly I went to gather my groceries for the coming week.  Got some notices there, as these heels make a distinctive sound on ceramic tiles, but nothing unusual, just the standard guy in heels looky-lous. I paired my pumps with my Gloria Vanderbuilt black jeans & a top by Perry Ellis. It was enjoyable on the whole...

P1010295.JPG

• Like 7

2 hours ago, chesterx said:

The work stations are too low for me to wear heels, so I wore some flats instead.

I've learned to tuck my legs back and lower the chair slightly for my manicures. Besides, the other regulars want to see what I have on. You just can't disappoint them.  ;-)

• Like 1

They are American Eagle flats I bought from Payless years ago. They were the 1st pair of womens shoes I ever bought that actually fit me well. All my other shoes over the years I ended up getting rid of, but not these. I wear them around the house instead of slippers. Would love to get a new pair but AE doesn't make this style anymore that I can find...

20200208_210654.jpg

• Like 1

Friday after work I made a quick stop for gas then by the hardware shop for some garden supplies, wore my 14th & Union mid-heel pumps. Felt wore out so I just went home afterwards. Saturday I put on my Black Calvin Klien 4" pumps, then went to the sporting goods store for some ammo. Next was a stop by Office Max for some printer ink. Spent the next hour at the gun range (changed into sneakers for that) then back home for a quick nap on the couch. That evening I put my heels back on for dinner a the outback steakhouse, then ended the night by getting my groceries for the week. Was a lot of walking around but didn't get anything other than the occasional second look.  No compliments, snickering, bugeyes, or anything like that. That seems to be the norm these days. Maybe they are getting used to me...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, chesterx said:

Maybe they are getting used to me...

Do you live in a small enough town, as I do, where they might actually be getting used to you? I think part of my success is that people do know me, and I think most people like me, even though I haven't always deserved it. Heels have only improved my personality and social skills, believe it or not.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Do you live in a small enough town, as I do, where they might actually be getting used to you? I think part of my success is that people do know me, and I think most people like me, even though I haven't always deserved it. Heels have only improved my personality and social skills, believe it or not.

Actually no, a suburb of north Houston. The more I thought about it, it seems more that I am just so comfortable now that I don't notice the little things anymore...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, chesterx said:

Actually no, a suburb of north Houston. The more I thought about it, it seems more that I am just so comfortable now that I don't notice the little things anymore...

I layover in Houston sometimes, would be cool to meet sometime...D

• Like 1

I have been wearing gals shoes since I was a teen, and got into the "high heel thing" in 1996 and never looked back.  When I started to wear gals shoes and heels, I was hesitant and nervous, but persistent in my desire.  I gained confidence with time, possibly due to becoming older and more mature, and eventually got to a place about 6 years ago where I decided that I just don't really care what others think or do, I simply want me and those around me to be happy.  

Now I wear heels and gals flats wherever and whenever.  It's fun, I enjoy it and friends that I know accept me like any other.  I imagine that over the years I have changed as well as have the times....  

Have fun all.....   sf

• Like 5

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Houston is a nice place for heeling.  There are so many people around that a little deviation like heels just isn't all that jarring to everyone.  I wear my cowboy boots with 3" heels when I go into Spring Guns & Ammo and Saddle River...

• Like 2

On 2/17/2020 at 8:55 AM, pebblesf said:

I layover in Houston sometimes, would be cool to meet sometime...D

Sure, I'm not too far from Bush...

On 2/17/2020 at 10:21 AM, p1ng74 said:

Houston is a nice place for heeling.  There are so many people around that a little deviation like heels just isn't all that jarring to everyone. 

I am finding that to be the case...

On 2/17/2020 at 10:21 AM, p1ng74 said:

... when I go into Spring Guns & Ammo and Saddle River...

Haven't been to those ranges yet. I'm using Thunder at the moment. Last weekend I tried out my new Ruger Mark IV. Turns out (painfully) that the grip that works on my Glock does NOT work on the Ruger. Wanted to change my grip anyway...

20200219_232321.jpg

15 hours ago, chesterx said:

Sure, I'm not too far from Bush...

I am finding that to be the case...

Haven't been to those ranges yet. I'm using Thunder at the moment. Last weekend I tried out my new Ruger Mark IV. Turns out (painfully) that the grip that works on my Glock does NOT work on the Ruger. Wanted to change my grip anyway...

Cool, will let you know the next time I have a decent IAH layover....D

Another half day Friday. After driving home to change at noon, 1st stop was to fill up with gas. Next stop was the UPS store to get a form notarized to send to the state in regards to my mothers estate. Then a quick stop by the post office. Next I stopped for a late lunch at a new restaurant. I then had an appointment to get my taxes done (got a good bit back this year). After this appointment I changed from my Calvin Klein black pumps with the ridiculous  4 1/2" heel to the ones I'm wearing in the photo, as I was going to Best Buy to buy some speakers & anticipated much walking. After securing my purchases I called it a day & went home. As is the norm these days, everything went off without a hitch. The last stop was fantastic, as the sales associate showed great interest in my outfit. She was a very young Hispanic lady & It started as usual with the compliments on my nails. She then asked me all kinds of questions, including what pronoun I wanted her to use (this was a 1st for me, never been asked that before) & how much she loved my blouse. That was really a fun conversation for me. I just wish I had more like that.

My outfit is a pantsuit top & bottom by Antonio Melani. The blouse is by Tommy Hilfiger. 1st pair of pumps by Calvin Klein & the 2nd pair are by INC of Macys. All in all a good start to the weekend...

P1010297.JPG

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RonC said:

Very nice!  Only one pic though, so we only got one of the two pairs of heels you mentioned.

Yeah, I went to upload it then realized it was way out of focus, I guess it locked onto the back wall instead of me. I have worn those heels in other pics I have posted previously.

Well heck, I went ahead & opened in in photoshop & it cleaned up well enough to post. I'm glad I tried because I really like the look of sleek black pumps...

P1010299.JPG

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 4

That looks like something you'd find me in on Sunday mornings. Definitely well done! I know how to do that look, mixing men's more dressy/formal clothes with feminine aspects. What I have a lot more trouble with is more casual outfits, particularly in the summertime.

Wore my little wing tip bootie heels to work again today. So far either no one has noticed i'm wearing 4" heels or they don't care. Either way I'm happy with the results. Left work at noon to have my cars radio system upgraded for a backup camera, bluetooth & all the other bells & whistles I will probably never figure out how to use. Was scheduled for 2 pm so walked around a few stores in a nearby mall. Took close to 4 hours to retrofit my old truck with the gear, but the TV in the waiting room was playing a John Wayne special, so I got to watch Big Jake & most of Liberty Valance before it was ready. This was one of the longest outings I have had, at nearly 11 hours. Every time one of my outings has come to an end I felt sad that I was done, but not today. My pinky toes were beet red, but no blisters, so I'm calling that a win.

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, chesterx said:

This was one of the longest outings I have had, at nearly 11 hours. Every time one of my outings has come to an end I felt sad that I was done, but not today. My pinky toes were beet red, but no blisters, so I'm calling that a win.

Oh, do be careful of those little toes! They can only take so much abuse, and then they turn on you. It's taken me a few years to undo the damage I did wearing shoes that pinched my little toes, particularly my right one. This was after I got rid of the offending shoes.