My outings...

chesterx

Got in a quick heel opportunity tonight after work as I needed to pick up a prescription at Walmart. Wore my nude Nine West pumps for the 1st time to see how I would handle them. They are the highest heel I have at just over 4 1/2" high. Took a little getting used to at 1st but I managed to put in about 40 mins in them with no issues. I'm quite fond of the classic pump look & these have a unique square profile heel to them that is different from my other heels. Was an easy time of it, no issues at all from anyone about a guy walking around in killer high heels. I caught myself daydreaming as I was waiting to check out about how great it would be to wear heels full time. Maybe someday...

P1010278.JPG

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, chesterx said:

Got in a quick heel opportunity tonight after work as I needed to pick up a prescription at Walmart. Wore my nude Nine West pumps for the 1st time to see how I would handle them. They are the highest heel I have at just over 4 1/2" high.

Nice looking shoes! My good friend and shoe buddy has been wearing this model of Nine West for a couple of years now as her go-to shoes for work. Only in her size (5 1/2), the heel is only 3 3/4" high. She sometimes complains that they're just a little too high for all day, every day.

• Like 1

Looks quite nice.  Personally, I can't do heels that high - heck, I'm struggling with feet hurting on 3.5 inches - but they look nice.  Wish I felt comfortable enough to display a pair of heels like you do!

• Like 1

On 12/15/2019 at 11:49 AM, chesterx said:

I have to admit, that trip to SportsClips had me a bit more nervous than usual. I knew that there would be mostly men present, so I had to screw up my courage a bit more than usual. To be honest I always get butterflies whenever I go heeling in public. I find it to be exhilarating to overcome my nerves & to take those 1st few steps out into the sunlight. I saw my haircut as another opportunity to push myself a little further that I had dared to go before. It wasn't a long wait, I signed in and got a stylist pretty quick, but there were more men present than women & I didn't notice any unusual behavior from the guys or the stylists, so it was a good trip. I find that's the usual reaction I get from most men, at most a double take, then they go on about their business. I get occasional giggles from the ladies (when in groups) as they pass, but I've also had some of my best interactions with women as well & prefer to heel around areas where I expect women will be the majority gender. I think a large part of the successes I'm having is due to wearing classy shoe styles. I'm sure the reactions would most likely be different in nature if I had been wearing 6" stripper heels. To be clear, you will not find me going into a biker bar in 4" pumps, but otherwise, I'm not going to let the presence of men stop me from doing what helps me find joy in this world...

Very well done! I also find the first steps the hardest, after which I usually calm down. Sometimes the fight/flight response kicks in, but that's becoming less and less frequent, even though I am being more obvious about the heels (i.e. daylight, in stores, with people around, as opposed to 6 months ago where I was going to isolated parks or whatnot). I don't think I would have the courage to go get a haircut just yet, but I've daydreamed about it. :)

Very nicely done, inspirational, for sure!

• Like 2

Been dealing with my mom's health issues the last few days, so no opportunity to heel until today. My trusty old bathrobe I've had for years finally came apart along with the space heater I had in my bathroom. These days I'm kinda like a turtle that needs to crawl up on a log in the sun every morning just to get all my bits functioning properly. 1st stop was the car wash for its weekly scrubbing & buffing, then on to Kohls where I bought a fluffy new bathrobe. I got lots of notices, not just because I wore my It's OK brand kneeboots, but I also wore an obviously feminine sweater for the 1st time. It is an olive green cable knit style with keyhole cutouts around the shoulders & a white midriff nylon turtleneck under that. Looked a little bolder that what I was looking for, but no guts, no glory right? Unfortunately, all went well until I got to Walmart to purchase a new heater. As I got out of my car some guy walking back to his gave me the big eye, like I was a chimp doing cartwheels or something. Even after he got into his car he couldn't stop staring at me. I lost my composure & gave him an aggressive thumbs up for reasons I can't fathom. I was already in a snit of a mood because I foolishly didn't wear socks with my boots and was developing a blister on my ankle. I should have just went home. This is bothering me now because that is not how I trained myself to react to non-verbal interactions. I know I can't control how other people think or react to me wearing women's shoes or outfits, but I should be able to control how I think & react. I don't see it as his fault for staring, but mine for losing it a bit. Usually, if someone gets a kick out of seeing me like this, then great, I've made someones day a little more interesting than usual. But today I just wasn't in the mood. Seems minor in retrospect, but it kinda ruined my outing a bit. Something to learn from for the future...

P1010279.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

What do you mean by an "aggresive thumbs up"?  I'm assuming you are not referring to the middle finger salute....  Don't be too hard on yourself....  This fellow was probably secretly envious, masking it with the stink eye he was giving you....Why else would he pay so much attention?   Sounds like you have your hands full looking after your Mom, being a caretaker takes a big toll emotionally.  Give yourself a pass on this experience....  Looking back, how would you like to have handled it differently?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

What do you mean by an "aggresive thumbs up"?  I'm assuming you are not referring to the middle finger salute....  Don't be too hard on yourself....  This fellow was probably secretly envious, masking it with the stink eye he was giving you....Why else would he pay so much attention?   Sounds like you have your hands full looking after your Mom, being a caretaker takes a big toll emotionally.  Give yourself a pass on this experience....  Looking back, how would you like to have handled it differently?

Yeah, I'm making too much out of it I suppose. Certainly did not middle finger the guy. Imagine Adam Saddler giving a sarcastic thumbs up to an annoying person, that was the jist of it. I try to remember when I'm out heeling that I'm the one being provocative. People are going to look. I try to base my attitude on that, & try to cut the public a pass on their behavior. I'm supposed to be having fun after all. I had to convince myself to even go out today. As I said above, I should have stayed home. Dont go out in public with a chip on your shoulder, would be good advise. Tomorrow I'm going to pick out my cutest heels & cut loose with a movie & dinner...

• Like 2

You were not being provocative, you were simply wearing what you like and by the sounds of things minding your own business and going about your shopping. He was the one being provocative - and indeed he provoked you into making a response. 

I did smile at your description - "a chimp doing cartwheels" - but again that's his issue, not yours. 

Just enjoy wearing your boots and let the world ride its own race.  

• Like 2

Today I was in a good mood for heeling. The 1st stop was to a shoe store in the local mall to see if they had a pair i saw online in stock. Didnt so I had to order them online. In fact they had sold out all their large size shoes. After I stopped at Macaroni Grill for early supper. I had the Lamb Braciole & man it was fantastic. Lamb wrapped in prosciutto, pan seared till crispy, then baked till tender inside. I left not a bit on that plate, let me tell you. Last I went to see the latest Star Wars flick. I enjoyed it. Was a bit fast paced in that I didn't quite understand all the relationships between the main characters, but I'm not much of a fan boy, just interested in the movie itself.  I wore a pair of heels I was saving for a special occasion but I don't have anything planned as yet, & I thought it prudent to test how they felt before committing to a long evening in them as strappy heels can be a real bear sometimes, comfort wise, they turned out to be very comfortable to wear & walk in. They are by Bellini and have a 4" heel, although they didn't feel that high to me. I love the look of these, although I don't know of many places I can wear them as they are so dressy. The theater has these blue leds lighting the aisle & they lit up the sparkles on the straps so beautifully. I was planning to wear a different pair but when I tried to walk in them they were smashing my toes pretty good, no way I was going to last an evening in them, so chose the Bellini pair instead. Funny those heels seemed to fit when I tried them earlier in the year. Guess I will see if I can stretch them. Overall it was a standard outing as I usually have, with one memorable exception. As I was leaving the mall a pretty young lady was ahead of me with her boyfriend. She was wearing a super cute outfit. A black shinny A-line mini skirt, an off the shoulder red sweater top with long sleeves, & a pair of black round toed velvet platform pumps, similar to the pair I wore earlier in this thread, but with a block heel & a thin ankle strap. They were parked in the same row as I was so I stayed behind them to admire the sight. One thing I enjoy almost as much as wearing heels is watching others wear heels. We got a ways down the row when she stopped while her BF kept walking. When I reached her I stopped & said "He's not leaving you is he?" She said "No, he is bringing the car".   I said "Hurting that much?", & she replied with a smile "Yeah". I paused a second then said "Mine feel fine..." She stared at me for a bit till I motioned toward my feet. She looked down & her eyes widened "OMG! Those are so cute! Let me see!" I pulled up the cuff & showed them off for her. She was so excited about my heels.  We talked about the heels we owned for a couple minutes till a car came up looking for a spot. I wished her a merry Christmas and left for the restaurant. That was wonderful. She had a fun memory she can share with her friends & I made a lovely memory as well. I used to fantasize about talking to women about heels so this was a chance to live that, at least for a moment. I hope to have more of those types of interactions in the new year. Merry Christmas Y'all!

P1010281.JPG

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 8

8 hours ago, chesterx said:

Today I was in a good mood for heeling. The 1st stop was to a shoe store in the local mall to see if they had a pair i saw online in stock. Didnt so I had to order them online. In fact they had sold out all their large size shoes. After I stopped at Macaroni Grill for early supper. I had the Lamb Braciole & man it was fantastic. Lamb wrapped in prosciutto, pan seared till crispy, then baked till tender inside. I left not a bit on that plate, let me tell you. Last I went to see the latest Star Wars flick. I enjoyed it. Was a bit fast paced in that I didn't quite understand all the relationships between the main characters, but I'm not much of a fan boy, just interested in the movie itself.  I wore a pair of heels I was saving for a special occasion but I don't have anything planned as yet, & I thought it prudent to test how they felt before committing to a long evening in them as strappy heels can be a real bear sometimes, comfort wise, they turned out to be very comfortable to wear & walk in. They are by Bellini and have a 4" heel, although they didn't feel that high to me. I love the look of these, although I don't know of many places I can wear them as they are so dressy. The theater has these blue leds lighting the aisle & they lit up the sparkles on the straps so beautifully. I was planning to wear a different pair but when I tried to walk in them they were smashing my toes pretty good, no way I was going to last an evening in them, so chose the Bellini pair instead. Funny those heels seemed to fit when I tried them earlier in the year. Guess I will see if I can stretch them. Overall it was a standard outing as I usually have, with one memorable exception. As I was leaving the mall a pretty young lady was ahead of me with her boyfriend. She was wearing a super cute outfit. A black shinny A-line mini skirt, an off the shoulder red sweater top with long sleeves, & a pair of black round toed velvet platform pumps, similar to the pair I wore earlier in this thread, but with a block heel & a thin ankle strap. They were parked in the same row as I was so I stayed behind them to admire the sight. One thing I enjoy almost as much as wearing heels is watching others wear heels. We got a ways down the row when she stopped while her BF kept walking. When I reached her I stopped & said "He's not leaving you is he?" She said "No, he is bringing the car".   I said "Hurting that much?", & she replied with a smile "Yeah". I paused a second then said "Mine feel fine..." She stared at me for a bit till I motioned toward my feet. She looked down & her eyes widened "OMG! Those are so cute! Let me see!" I pulled up the cuff & showed them off for her. She was so excited about my heels.  We talked about the heels we owned for a couple minutes till a car came up looking for a spot. I wished her a merry Christmas and left for the restaurant. That was wonderful. She had a fun memory she can share with her friends & I made a lovely memory as well. I used to fantasize about talking to women about heels so this was a chance to live that, at least for a moment. I hope to have more of those types of interactions in the new year. Merry Christmas Y'all!

Those sorts of moments are part of what makes our experience so sweet. What's even better is that since you were actually wearing heels yourself, you obviously didn't come off as creepy, but merely interested in shoes.

I don't mind admitting that I don't think I could pull off those shoes. Kudos to you!

Your sandals look very nice.  I like the look of strappy sandals, even have a few pair myself....  Have fun, Merry Christmas !!     sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Spent most of my time with my mother as she is back in the hospital, but got in a few hours of heeling today. Wore my shorter black heels by 14th & Union. Got my nails done as I don't think I'm going to have the time looking forward. A quick stop at Walmart to return some items & then a stop for some pad thai. I happened to run into the 1st person to ever compliment my heels at the Walmart. I chatted with her for a bit & found out where she works. I intend to stop by and chat with her on a more regular basis. I have not been able to plan anything for New Years as I dont know where I will be, so those sassy red sandals I was wanting to wear will just have to wait for another occasion I suppose...:sad:

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, chesterx said:

Yeah, I'm making too much out of it I suppose. Certainly did not middle finger the guy. Imagine Adam Saddler giving a sarcastic thumbs up to an annoying person, that was the jist of it. I try to remember when I'm out heeling that I'm the one being provocative. People are going to look. I try to base my attitude on that, & try to cut the public a pass on their behavior. I'm supposed to be having fun after all. I had to convince myself to even go out today. As I said above, I should have stayed home. Dont go out in public with a chip on your shoulder, would be good advise. Tomorrow I'm going to pick out my cutest heels & cut loose with a movie & dinner...

Good for you buddy, don't let anybody get you down....  Your response to this guy seems OK to me....Instead of cowering, you faced the guy and stood up for your fashion choices, that spells confidence to me....

24 minutes ago, pebblesf said:

Good for you buddy, don't let anybody get you down....  Your response to this guy seems OK to me....Instead of cowering, you faced the guy and stood up for your fashion choices, that spells confidence to me....

Thanks, I was just in an off mood due to my mom's health issues. I'm still stressed a bit I guess, but nothing to do about it except keep my chin up and keep moving forward. I'm leaving to see her again as soon as I hear what hospital they moved her to....

Edited by chesterx

23 minutes ago, chesterx said:

Thanks, I was just in an off mood due to my mom's health issues. I'm still stressed a bit I guess, but nothing to do about it except keep my chin up and keep moving forward. I'm leaving to see her again as soon as I hear what hospital they moved her to....

Best of luck with that. I hope all goes well. 

• Like 1

Had a quick outing today. Went to Kohl's as they were having a sale on Gloria Vanderbilt jeans & I wanted to pick up a couple pairs to brighten up my jeans selection with some different colors. I also walked by a sparkly top I had to have, just in case I find some place to go for New Years Eve. Stopped off on the way home at Wings & More for dinner & some football, then back home. I chose to wear my  Jessica Simpson O'dorsey pumps that I wore earlier. They were too tight when I wore them then, but I really like how they look so I tried them on again & this time they were a lot more comfortable. I had them on about 3-4 hours & could have gone longer, so I am happy about that. I'm goint to make them part of my regular rotation. Hoping to fit in more heel opportunities between visits with my mother.

P1010262a.JPG

• Like 3

10 hours ago, chesterx said:

Had a quick outing today. Went to Kohl's as they were having a sale on Gloria Vanderbilt jeans & I wanted to pick up a couple pairs to brighten up my jeans selection with some different colors. I also walked by a sparkly top I had to have, just in case I find some place to go for New Years Eve. Stopped off on the way home at Wings & More for dinner & some football, then back home. I chose to wear my  Jessica Simpson O'dorsey pumps that I wore earlier. They were too tight when I wore them then, but I really like how they look so I tried them on again & this time they were a lot more comfortable. I had them on about 3-4 hours & could have gone longer, so I am happy about that. I'm goint to make them part of my regular rotation. Hoping to fit in more heel opportunities between visits with my mother.

If there is one regret that I've had over the past 7 years, it's that I have been too quick to get rid of shoes that maybe don't fit quite right, but show promise. Some of my favorite shoes started off being rather tight, and there are some I got rid of right away that I wish I had back, now knowing the difference between "a little snug," and "always going to kill my feet." Obviously, you don't want the second one, but it's sometimes difficult to know the difference. May I suggest investing in a high heel shoe stretcher. I bought this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C32K12U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

If there is one regret that I've had over the past 7 years, it's that I have been too quick to get rid of shoes that maybe don't fit quite right, but show promise. Some of my favorite shoes started off being rather tight, and there are some I got rid of right away that I wish I had back, now knowing the difference between "a little snug," and "always going to kill my feet." Obviously, you don't want the second one, but it's sometimes difficult to know the difference. May I suggest investing in a high heel shoe stretcher. I bought this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C32K12U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

That looks handy to have, so I placed an order for one. Thanks!

45 minutes ago, chesterx said:

That looks handy to have, so I placed an order for one. Thanks!

You wont be sorry, I've had one since 2012. Some shoes stretch BUT there are others that don't.

On 12/25/2019 at 5:28 AM, mlroseplant said:

Those sorts of moments are part of what makes our experience so sweet. What's even better is that since you were actually wearing heels yourself, you obviously didn't come off as creepy, but merely interested in shoes.

I don't mind admitting that I don't think I could pull off those shoes. Kudos to you!

miroseplant, I find that comment interesting.  Those sandals, while being a sparkly silver color, are a relatively common style.  Your choices, on the other hand, tend to be more toward the unusual side of things - i.e., ultra high heels, big platforms, etc., that one doesn't see often even on the ladies.  This is not meant to be critical at all, but I am curious to know why you felt that you "couldn't pull of those shoes" but have no problem with a pair of six inch heel mules with heavy platforms that rather stand out in a crowd?  Againm, please don't take as being critical in any way, just curious why one and not the other is in your comfort zone.

12 hours ago, RonC said:

miroseplant, I find that comment interesting.  Those sandals, while being a sparkly silver color, are a relatively common style.  Your choices, on the other hand, tend to be more toward the unusual side of things - i.e., ultra high heels, big platforms, etc., that one doesn't see often even on the ladies.  This is not meant to be critical at all, but I am curious to know why you felt that you "couldn't pull of those shoes" but have no problem with a pair of six inch heel mules with heavy platforms that rather stand out in a crowd?  Againm, please don't take as being critical in any way, just curious why one and not the other is in your comfort zone.

Hmm, now that you put it that way, I don't know why. Because they're so sparkly, I guess? I've kind of shied away from metallics for the same reason. And have I become a platform guy? I don't think of myself as a platform guy. Looking at my last dozen purchases, I guess I have become a platform guy, haven't I? It wasn't intentional, believe me. OK, nothing more than one inch from now on! Well, maybe 1 1/4" if everything else is just right.  .  .

I wouldn't worry, Ron, if you were being a little bit critical, but now is it I who is curious. Do you really think I would stand out less if I just wore plain classic pumps? I guess I never thought of my shoes as being all that unusual, just slightly out of date. Don't worry @chesterx. The hijack is only temporary.

14 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Hmm, now that you put it that way, I don't know why. Because they're so sparkly, I guess? I've kind of shied away from metallics for the same reason. And have I become a platform guy? I don't think of myself as a platform guy. Looking at my last dozen purchases, I guess I have become a platform guy, haven't I? It wasn't intentional, believe me. OK, nothing more than one inch from now on! Well, maybe 1 1/4" if everything else is just right.  .  .

I wouldn't worry, Ron, if you were being a little bit critical, but now is it I who is curious. Do you really think I would stand out less if I just wore plain classic pumps? I guess I never thought of my shoes as being all that unusual, just slightly out of date. Don't worry @chesterx. The hijack is only temporary.

And now you have me thinking when you say "would I stand out less if I just wore plain classic pumps".  When you put it that way, my honest answer has to be I guess not.  You would still be a man in heels which is going to stand out no matter how much we wish it wasn't that way.  But I guess that does kind of go back to my initial query as to why not the silver sandals.  I guess that those shoes would make you believe you stood out more, which is why you don't choose them to begin with I suppose.  In any event, it really wasn't being critical, just trying to figure out why you felt that way.  And now I know!  Thanks!

And now, back to you chesterx...lol

Got tired of sitting around the house today so went out for a quick jaunt to see if there was any trouble I could get into. Stopped by Discount Shoe Warehouse but came up empty. Nordstrom Rack had a lovely pair of strappy sandals with a block heels in blush pink, Hahallie-lea by Halogen. Then ended with some fried seafood & margaritas at Pappadeaux 's. Wore my black velvet platform pumps by Hot Tomato. Was a fun evening.

Hey Y'all, Happy New Years!

Got kinda dressed up for a quick evening out. Wore a pair of sparkly silver pumps from Hot Tomato, just got them in today, along with my Gloria Vanderbilt print jeans, & my Nine West Sparkly top. Started at Outback Steakhouse, where I got 2 compliments on my top before I even sat down! Enjoyed a prime steak & parmesian fries along with a mojito or two. Finished with a warm cookie & ice cream dessert. Then I went to the bar at Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the Texas vs Utah game. Again got compliments as I walked in. Sat at the bar enjoying a margarita & the game when some guy comes up up & says "You're rocking that outfit!". I thanked him but it was kinda weird for me as I don't get much interaction with men, it is pretty much women across the board. 1st time for everything I guess. Had one more margarita then left for home as I was getting quite tipsy & the cops were out in force. Overall an enjoyable night out.

Here is a pic of the top I was wearing along with the heels. I cant get a descent selfie in the mirror so its the online sales version...

3960652_Sparkle_Stripe.jpg

P1010285.JPG

• Like 5

Made 3 stops after work in my Jessica Simpson pumps as I continue to break them in properly. 1st to the Ford dealership to pick up parts for my car. I am getting some work done soon & I hope to save some money by buying the parts myself. There were 8 men in the room with me, no women. 2nd stop was another parts store, again full of nothing but men. I didn't have a single issue at either location. Stopped for some Tex-Mex & got a compliment from the server. Then back home. About 4 hours total. Getting used to this now.

• Like 2

Had a nice outing today. Wore my black Calvin Klein pumps & started by stopping by The Shipping Store to return a DSL modem that I didn't need anymore. Store help was pleasant, got some interested looks from some older gents that were sitting outside of a cafe  next door that I got a kick out of. Next stop was the dry cleaners to drop off my formal suit for a freshening up. The lady glanced at my heels but paid no further notice, & was pleasant as she spoke to me. Got a nice wave from a lady pulling into the drop off window on my way out. Next was a afternoon showing of "1917" that I enjoyed. The girl behind the counter asked me where I got my nails done when I bough a drink. She gave me a big smile when I showed her my heels. Got the usual curious glances as I was coming & going from the theater. Next was a stop at my mechanics shop to schedule a repair I need to have done on my vehicle. They did not notice my heels as they were behind a tall counter. Last stop was for an early dinner of grilled trout & sauteed spinach. The greeter said she liked my heels. She later stopped by my table for a brief chat.  She said she admired how I could walk in high heels & how she has trouble with them. I remarked it was from practice. As I was walking out of the restaurant another greeter said she loved my heels. I thanked her, then drove back home.

Thinking about it, I want to have a talk with lady about heels the next time a woman compliments my heels. Seems it's always "I cant walk in them like you can". I think it is because women love how heels look, but not how they feel to wear them. Where I think, like most of us here, we actually like the idea of wearing heels just as much as we like the look of heels. I think that extra motivation makes a difference. If a woman has to run a few quick errands she most likely would choose flats or sneakers, whereas I see it as another opportunity to wear heels. Thus I choose to wear heels when most women don't. At least that is my theory...

P1010286.JPG

• Like 9