My outings...

chesterx

Decided to go back and catch that movie I missed yesterday (otherwise known as looking for an excuse to wear heels out...). "21 Bridges" was a descent movie, then stopped off for some wings & a football game at wingstop. Wore my black platform heels by Hot Tomato. They feel so much different from my other pumps, the stiffness of them took some getting used to, but I like the look...so much for the holiday week, now back to work...

P1010270.JPG

• Like 3

Not a huge platform fan myself, but those are pretty nice looking.  I also find the feel of the stiff sole an odd sensation when walking.

Edited by RonC
  • Like 1

Got off work today at noon, swapped shoes in the parking lot and stopped off at a Cheddars restaurant for lunch. This is the one place I can get a comfort style meal since the local Black Eyed Pea shut down. Filled up on meatloaf & mashed potatoes to the point I needed a 3 hour nap when I got home. Afterwards I stopped by a car dealership to buy a part for my car. Though about an afternoon movie but missed the start time, so maybe tomorrow. I wore a new pair of heels, another house brand of Macy's, "Thalia Sodi" Chelsie Platform Dress Pumps. I found these after getting a notification that a pair of INC brand pumps I had set a watch on was back in stock. The Chelsie pump showed up as a recommendation & I loved how cute they looked, plus they were on sale. A fantastic fit assures these will get added  to my regular rotation (I could go on a long winded rant here about how crappy modern shoe buckles have become, (i am not gumby dammit!) but these ones were easy to fasten). I have been pleased with all my purchases from Macys, I just wished I had join their patron club & might have saved even more money. Sadly, the lighting of my closet & the richness of my red wood flooring washed out just how vivid the black velvet really is in this photo. I will try to add a link to these shoes, as there is a short video there that shows off the color & charm dangle much better.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/thalia-sodi-chelsie-platform-dress-pumps-created-for-macys?ID=5365556&CategoryID=71123&isDlp=true

P1010271.JPG

• Like 3

On 11/23/2019 at 2:50 PM, chesterx said:

.  .  .a lady behind me at the Walmart checkout snapped a pic of my heels (I knew I should have painted my nails before wearing sandals!). I consider it doing my part to raise awareness :wink: ....

P1010263a.jpg

10 hours ago, chesterx said:

Got off work today at noon, swapped shoes in the parking lot and stopped off at a Cheddars restaurant for lunch. This is the one place I can get a comfort style meal since the local Black Eyed Pea shut down. Filled up on meatloaf & mashed potatoes to the point I needed a 3 hour nap when I got home. Afterwards I stopped by a car dealership to buy a part for my car. Though about an afternoon movie but missed the start time, so maybe tomorrow. I wore a new pair of heels, another house brand of Macy's, "Thalia Sodi" Chelsie Platform Dress Pumps. I found these after getting a notification that a pair of INC brand pumps I had set a watch on was back in stock. The Chelsie pump showed up as a recommendation & I loved how cute they looked, plus they were on sale. A fantastic fit assures these will get added  to my regular rotation (I could go on a long winded rant here about how crappy modern shoe buckles have become, (i am not gumby dammit!) but these ones were easy to fasten). I have been pleased with all my purchases from Macys, I just wished I had join their patron club & might have saved even more money. Sadly, the lighting of my closet & the richness of my red wood flooring washed out just how vivid the black velvet really is in this photo. I will try to add a link to these shoes, as there is a short video there that shows off the color & charm dangle much better.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/thalia-sodi-chelsie-platform-dress-pumps-created-for-macys?ID=5365556&CategoryID=71123&isDlp=true

P1010271.JPG

I see you have succumbed to this misguided notion that nails absolutely must be painted with open toed shoes. Not all of us believe that way, you know.  .  .

I'm just giving you a hard time (this has been an ongoing discussion on the forum for years), both the shoes and nails look great.

I'm also risking the ire of Tech for including pictures in my quote, thereby wasting server capacity, but in this case, it wouldn't have made much sense without the pictures, init?

While painted toenails are not “mandatory” when wearing sandals, your feet and toes should look nice...I am pretty much a 100% sandal guy and try, try, try to keep my feet presentable.  As do you mlrose and the other sandal guys here..

Just two days ago I gotta pedicure that made my feet look wonderful.  Stayed with a clear coat this time, but sometimes a little color can be very nice too....   have fun.   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

37 minutes ago, SF said:

While painted toenails are not “mandatory” when wearing sandals, your feet and toes should look nice...I am pretty much a 100% sandal guy and try, try, try to keep my feet presentable.  As do you mlrose and the other sandal guys here..

Just two days ago I gotta pedicure that made my feet look wonderful.  Stayed with a clear coat this time, but sometimes a little color can be very nice too....   have fun.   sf

Oh, I don't disagree at all! I evidently forgot to voice that part of the story--while I prefer bare (or at least clear) nails on both men and women, your feet had better be pretty close to perfect regardless of nail enamel choice when wearing sandals. I don't get pedicures anymore for reasons I won't get into right now, but I do keep on top of my feet as a die-hard sandal guy.

As a person that wears sandals all the time, I get regular pedicures. You can't display ugly feet in the public without causing some people to get sick. My hands don't work well enough to do my own toes or fingers so I must get them done. I personally like color and use my nails as 20 (very small) canvases for changeable body art. 

• Like 1

I normally dont bother with my toes as I prefer pumps & closed toe shoes, but I have taken a shine to several really cute strappy heels latley & my nails were not in the best of shape, so I painted them. Been doing my finger nails for years so its a natural progression I suppose. Anyhoo today started with a trip to the car wash followed by Walmart for my weekly groceries. Had planned on catching a movie as well but my sister called & needed some papers mailed to her regarding my mom, so I had to cut my outing short for today. Another nice day weather wise so I chose to wear a strappy number I haven't worn yet by Dominique Nicole. I love the look of these heels but the strap across my toes was a bit rough on me. Need to break them in before I wear them for longer stretches...

P1010272.JPG

• Like 5

Chester....  Nice looking sandals... What brand are they??   What does your sis say / think about her brother in high heels??   

Nice pedicure too.....   shave fun.....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I don't really like that style of sandals precisely because of that type of scrap across the toes.  While they're especially feminine looking, the narrow toe straps become painful after walking in them for any distance.  

• Like 1

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Learn some of the tricks:

1. Stretchers are great, they come in many styles.
  2. I have "Blister Tape" good for preventing blisters and after you got them already.
  3. Save that thin high density packing foam that come with many shoes. Cut into shape and wedge it between your toes and the strap. I've seen women stuff tissue paper in there., looks tacky. The high density foam gives much better relief.
  4. Something most women don't do: buy shoes that fit to begin with..

I have a thick toe box so I will only get heels with adjustable toe straps or no straps. And I also have a hole puncher to add holes to straps.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SF said:

What brand are they??   What does your sis say / think about her brother in high heels??

These are by Dominique Nicole style "Samantha", bought online from Shoe Shoe Mega for $14. I bought some Hot Tomato brand shoes from them as well & am pleased so far. My sister probably knows about my shoe fetish due to some incidents from our childhood but she nor I have never brought it up so ignorance is bliss, so to speak. I dont think she would care but I want to wait until the situation with my mom resolves itself before any big reveal takes place. Any of you guys have experience  informing close family members of your choice in shoes / clothing?

I kinda felt cheated cutting yesterdays outing short so I finished my chores early & went out for an early supper & to catch a football game at Outback Steakhouse. Afterward I went to the AMC theater. Was a little early so I had an overpriced margarita in the bar area, then watched "Dark Waters". No reactions to speak of, people are defiantly noticing, I can see their eyes, just seems that no one really gives a flip that some guy is wearing heels in public. I was happy to see a young black lady wearing a lovely pair of heels for her night out. Heel sightings have been rare for a while now. Seems most women want to look like they are on their way to a workout at the gym. Seems like women are just not into heels anymore...

Wore a pair of Sam Edelman patent nude pumps, the same style as my black patent pumps I wore in an earlier post. I like this brand.

P1010273.JPG

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

I don't really like that style of sandals precisely because of that type of scrap across the toes.  While they're especially feminine looking, the narrow toe straps become painful after walking in them for any distance.  

I do not have a problem with that particular style of strap. The kind where there are many narrow parallel straps is when I seem to run into the most difficulty--my little toes seem to poke out where they ought not to.

9 hours ago, chesterx said:

These are by Dominique Nicole style "Samantha", bought online from Shoe Shoe Mega for $14. I bought some Hot Tomato brand shoes from them as well & am pleased so far. My sister probably knows about my shoe fetish due to some incidents from our childhood but she nor I have never brought it up so ignorance is bliss, so to speak. I dont think she would care but I want to wait until the situation with my mom resolves itself before any big reveal takes place. Any of you guys have experience  informing close family members of your choice in shoes / clothing?

My sister (who regularly wears heels herself, but it's confined to "dress-up" days), actually bought me some heels for Christmas a few years ago. I still have them and still wear them sometimes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

My sister (who regularly wears heels herself, but it's confined to "dress-up" days), actually bought me some heels for Christmas a few years ago. I still have them and still wear them sometimes.

lucky bugger!

I was happy to see a young black lady wearing a lovely pair of heels for her night out. Heel sightings have been rare for a while now. Seems most women want to look like they are on their way to a workout at the gym. Seems like women are just not into heels anymore..."

Totally agree with that sentiment.  Your heels would blow away just about anything I've seen on a woman in the last three months.  Heck, my 3.75 inch chunky heel booties would beat 98% of what I see these days.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2019 at 3:31 PM, RonC said:

I was happy to see a young black lady wearing a lovely pair of heels for her night out. Heel sightings have been rare for a while now. Seems most women want to look like they are on their way to a workout at the gym. Seems like women are just not into heels anymore..."

Totally agree with that sentiment.  Your heels would blow away just about anything I've seen on a woman in the last three months.  Heck, my 3.75 inch chunky heel booties would beat 98% of what I see these days.

Completely agree. On a recent quick trip to a store (took 30 minutes), with me wearing ~4" heels, I saw only one lady wearing heels, and it was in the range of 2.5-3". Nothing else, and there were quite a few people around.

• Like 1

Today I got off work at noon & was looking for an excuse to wear heels when I discovered a mall not too far from my office had a Nordstrom Rack, so off I went. NR had several larger sizes available, but I already owned them. I did pick up a pair of basic black pumps because although I already own several black pump styles these had a lower heel than my others & I thought it prudent to have a short heeled version in case the need ever arises for walking for long periods of time. Headed across the mall for the Macys store & a restaurant that was nearby. Avoided most of the kiosk urchins except one young lady started off by complimenting my heels, followed by the usual spiel that morphed into trying to sell me some serum or other that smelled like aardvark piss. I dislike those places. They seem to be populated with cute young women or hansom men of middle eastern or Israeli descent. Very pushy & annoying. Had the usual double takes as I walked along. Only interaction aside from sale people of note was when I walked past a couple heading into Macys, the lady tugged on the guys arm in a "that guy is wearing heels" kinda way. The guy didn't bother to look. Soon after I ran into them again at the restaurant. I was sitting at the bar when they walked past. She just smiled as she walked by. That's how most of my interactions are. It's the initial shock of seeing something out of the ordinary, but the next time you see it, its no big deal.

I wore a pair of strappy taupe wedges because of the nice weather. These are by INC of Macys. They are one of the 1st pair of heels I bought once I started heeling in public. I like these not only because the cork soles feel good but also becuase I can slip them off & on with out having to undo the ankle buckle (modern buckle styles tend to anger me with how difficult the are to fasten).

P1010275.JPG

• Like 4

9 hours ago, chesterx said:

.  .  .trying to sell me some serum or other that smelled like aardvark piss.

I wore a pair of strappy taupe wedges because of the nice weather. These are by INC of Macys. They are one of the 1st pair of heels I bought once I started heeling in public. I like these not only because the cork soles feel good but also becuase I can slip them off & on with out having to undo the ankle buckle (modern buckle styles tend to anger me with how difficult the are to fasten).

I'm kind of curious now. What, exactly, does aardvark piss smell like? I doubt I will ever get the chance to find out.

All joking aside, those are some nice looking sandals, something I might well wear myself. I really like the beige, neutral color in sandals. Not as much in shoes (I mean, for myself). Where are you at where the weather is nice? Here in Iowa, the weather forecasters keep threatening that it will warm up, but I think we're down for the count until spring. It was supposed to be pretty nice this weekend, but what we've actually got at the moment is 28º F and very windy. I might post some thoughts about wearing sandals in the winter on my own thread later.

11 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Where are you at where the weather is nice?

I'm about 35 miles north of Houston in the Spring area. We have been seeing temps in the low 70's so far here in December. Haven't had a chance to break out my boots & boot socks yet. Had an appointment today at my nail salon. Got a gorgeous red glitter finish for the holidays. I wear flats when I get my nails done because I cant fit my knees under the table when wearing heels, so I don't bother trying for comforts sake. After a trip though the car wash I went to the theater for an early afternoon movie. "jumanji" was out and proved to be an entertaining show.  After that I stopped by Red Lobster for some fried shrimp & a cold cocktail. And finally a stop by the grocery store for my weekly vittles. Was a good 8 hours out in heels. I just got these heels in this week, another pair by INC of Macys, like my red pair from above. I wanted these for months & they finally came back into stock in my size. They have a lovely texture & sheen unlike any of my other heels. Being on the short side heel wise, I was comfortable in them the whole day. Another attention grabber, though not as much as my red heels were, & I got more comps with my nails than my heels did. As Cali well knows, if you want to get noticed wear red heels, if you want compliments get red nails...

P1010276.JPG

• Like 5

Hi chesterx,

I like your animal print pumps. I have a similar pair with chunky heels from Aerosoles. I like the animal print look and the snake skin look too. I also notice that you like to wear an anklet  chain. I do that too in summer months when I wearing my pumps or sandals. I like to show off an anklet wearing capris or capri leggings. Glad you had a nice time getting your mani and you got some compliments, too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

3 hours ago, bluejay said:

I also notice that you like to wear an anklet  chain.

I got it from a lady I follow on YouTube. She has as big a heel fetish as we do, except she focuses on the high end stuff. She also knew the frustration of wearing skinny anklets that were not long enough or broke rather easily. She started making her own. She uses a heavy duty herring bone stainless steel chain & spot welds the fasteners on. I could probably pull a truck out of a ditch with this thing. It has a nice heavy feel to it, its super easy to put on, & she made it to a custom length for me. A bit pricey but this thing will last me a lifetime...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JeffB said:

That's pretty cool! I might have to try ankle chains myself!

HA! I was just thinking the same thing myself.

7 hours ago, chesterx said:

I got it from a lady I follow on YouTube. She has as big a heel fetish as we do, except she focuses on the high end stuff. She also knew the frustration of wearing skinny anklets that were not long enough or broke rather easily. She started making her own. She uses a heavy duty herring bone stainless steel chain & spot welds the fasteners on. I could probably pull a truck out of a ditch with this thing. It has a nice heavy feel to it, its super easy to put on, & she made it to a custom length for me. A bit pricey but this thing will last me a lifetime...

I'm pretty sure I know who that is!

3 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

HA! I was just thinking the same thing myself.

I'm pretty sure I know who that is!

Perhaps there should be a separate thread for “foot jewelry”. I think I’ll start one.

Logjam

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 4:49 PM, chesterx said:

Today started with a trip to Sports Clips for a haircut. After that I went to the car wash to remove the holiday grime, then stopped off for some Mexican food. Thought about catching a movie as the theater was across the parking lot, but the only show I cared to see had already started, so I went to Walmart & got my shopping for next week done. As it was a nice day out I took the opportunity to wear my Chelsea Moreland  nude sandals. No interactions to speak of...

P1010269.JPG

Do all of that in those heels? No comments even during the haircut? Congrats!

20 minutes ago, hiddenheels said:

Do all of that in those heels? No comments even during the haircut? Congrats!

I have to admit, that trip to SportsClips had me a bit more nervous than usual. I knew that there would be mostly men present, so I had to screw up my courage a bit more than usual. To be honest I always get butterflies whenever I go heeling in public. I find it to be exhilarating to overcome my nerves & to take those 1st few steps out into the sunlight. I saw my haircut as another opportunity to push myself a little further that I had dared to go before. It wasn't a long wait, I signed in and got a stylist pretty quick, but there were more men present than women & I didn't notice any unusual behavior from the guys or the stylists, so it was a good trip. I find that's the usual reaction I get from most men, at most a double take, then they go on about their business. I get occasional giggles from the ladies (when in groups) as they pass, but I've also had some of my best interactions with women as well & prefer to heel around areas where I expect women will be the majority gender. I think a large part of the successes I'm having is due to wearing classy shoe styles. I'm sure the reactions would most likely be different in nature if I had been wearing 6" stripper heels. To be clear, you will not find me going into a biker bar in 4" pumps, but otherwise, I'm not going to let the presence of men stop me from doing what helps me find joy in this world...

• Like 2