My outings...

chesterx

chesterx,

Welcome to our forum and for sharing your outings as well as recent news on your mother's recovery. I'm guessing you are in the DFW area but that's just a guess. My wife and I were there in July for an uncle's (by marriage) funeral. I had finally gotten to know the guy in October of 2018 only to see him succumb to some really painful and progressive disease. But I did succeed in knowing him. I'm glad your Mom pulled through. Pneumonia takes more people than many realise.

Again thanks for joining our group and sharing your photos. You're in the right place friend!!  :fine: HinH

• Like 2

20 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

chesterx,

Welcome to our forum and for sharing your outings as well as recent news on your mother's recovery. I'm guessing you are in the DFW area but that's just a guess. My wife and I were there in July for an uncle's (by marriage) funeral. I had finally gotten to know the guy in October of 2018 only to see him succumb to some really painful and progressive disease. But I did succeed in knowing him. I'm glad your Mom pulled through. Pneumonia takes more people than many realise.

Again thanks for joining our group and sharing your photos. You're in the right place friend!!  :fine: HinH

Actually in the Spring area north of Houston. Thank you for your kind words!

11 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Happy to hear the update @chesterx, may she continue to recover.

and happy about your new acquisitions too - well done! 

Thank you! The Pneumonia is mostly under control but they discovered the  2nd infection they were hunting is one of those damn super bacteria. They have her on the strongest anti-biotic possible. Its in her intestines & she had it before getting hospitalized, so in a bizarre way the Pneumonia probably saved her life, cause the bacteria would have killed her within days. We had to put on scrubs & gloves to be with her & washed with some nasty soap afterwards. After tonight's visit I plan on returning this weekend, now that she is somewhat stable. I brought some Jessica Simpson heels I want to try to break in with me thinking I might stop on the way home to eat but was too weary, so maybe later...gonna keep some heels in my car to take advantage of any opportunity that may arise...  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chesterx said:

Actually in the Spring area north of Houston.

Nice - The Woodlands is where I first started wearing heels.  I’ve been into Chuy’s off of I-45 and I’ve bought a pair of heels at that Nordstrom Rack up North before.  I also had a habit of walking through The Woodlands Mall once a week.  There is a friendly shoe salesman working women’s shoes in Dillard’s that I eventually bought a pair of boots from.  Saks Off Fifth at the Premium Outlets at 290 and Grand Parkway is also a nice place for larger shoe sizes.  

3 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Nice - The Woodlands is where I first started wearing heels.  I’ve been into Chuy’s off of I-45 and I’ve bought a pair of heels at that Nordstrom Rack up North before.  I also had a habit of walking through The Woodlands Mall once a week.  There is a friendly shoe salesman working women’s shoes in Dillard’s that I eventually bought a pair of boots from.  Saks Off Fifth at the Premium Outlets at 290 and Grand Parkway is also a nice place for larger shoe sizes.  

Thanks for the info, will have to remember this on my next long houston layover...

7 hours ago, p1ng74 said:

Heck, I forgot about all those outlet stores. Don't get up around Conroe much these days. Thanks for the heads up, always open to new shopping opportunities.

• Like 1

Today was a milestone of sorts. The office was going to be shorthanded as several people were taking today as a vacation, so I decided to wear my most conservative pair of heels to work. A pair of brown oxford style pumps I got from Payless (also one of my best fitting shoes). I hedged my bet somewhat by wearing bootcut jeans that partially covered my heels. No incidents to speak of over 8 hours, so that's a win. Stopped off to celebrate with a nice dinner, but not before changing into these Jessica Simpson stilettos. Plan to do some more shoe shopping over the holiday week...later..

P1010262a.JPG

• Like 7

7 hours ago, chesterx said:

Today was a milestone of sorts. The office was going to be shorthanded as several people were taking today as a vacation, so I decided to wear my most conservative pair of heels to work. A pair of brown oxford style pumps I got from Payless (also one of my best fitting shoes). I hedged my bet somewhat by wearing bootcut jeans that partially covered my heels. No incidents to speak of over 8 hours, so that's a win. Stopped off to celebrate with a nice dinner, but not before changing into these Jessica Simpson stilettos. Plan to do some more shoe shopping over the holiday week...later..

I guess I started off much the same way with my first public showing right in amongst people I knew. I wore a similar height and shape of heel, and the same style boot cut jeans, so I guess it's a good place to start.

I don't know you all that well yet, so I hesitate to say anything, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but what's up with those socks? They kind of clash with the rest of the whole vibe of the shoes, both in color and in style. If it were me, I think I'd choose a brownish-tone trouser sock, or at least a thin dress sock to wear with such conservative, formal shoes. Obviously, the pumps look just fine without socks!

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I guess I started off much the same way with my first public showing right in amongst people I knew. I wore a similar height and shape of heel, and the same style boot cut jeans, so I guess it's a good place to start.

I don't know you all that well yet, so I hesitate to say anything, and I don't mean to sound harsh, but what's up with those socks? They kind of clash with the rest of the whole vibe of the shoes, both in color and in style. If it were me, I think I'd choose a brownish-tone trouser sock, or at least a thin dress sock to wear with such conservative, formal shoes. Obviously, the pumps look just fine without socks!

Agreed, I usually carry a pair of sneakers as a backup in my car, just in case, so i bring socks as well. I knew my office was going to be on the cold side, so I just wore them this time to keep my feet warm (notice I removed them for the pumps, if you catch me wearing socks with pumps, you have my permission to shoot me...). No one can see them, so I didn't care about the clash. They go great with my pink sketchers though, and I have worn those to the office often. These style of pumps are a good 1st timer heel for those wanting to try heeling in public. Resemble wingtips at a glance, and are not too noisy when walking on hard surfaces. They are surprisingly comfortable too.

A somewhat quick outing today, went through the car wash, Walmart shopping, & stopped for some sushi & pho carry out. Wore these black sandals "A New Day" from Target. Only interesting thing was a lady behind me at the Walmart checkout snapped a pic of my heels (I knew I should have painted my nails before wearing sandals!). I consider it doing my part to raise awareness :wink: ....

P1010263a.jpg

Edited by chesterx
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, chesterx said:

Agreed, I usually carry a pair of sneakers as a backup in my car, just in case, so i bring socks as well. I knew my office was going to be on the cold side, so I just wore them this time to keep my feet warm (notice I removed them for the pumps, if you catch me wearing socks with pumps, you have my permission to shoot me...). No one can see them, so I didn't care about the clash. They go great with my pink sketchers though, and I have worn those to the office often. These style of pumps are a good 1st timer heel for those wanting to try heeling in public. Resemble wingtips at a glance, and are not too noisy when walking on hard surfaces. They are surprisingly comfortable too.

A somewhat quick outing today, went through the car wash, Walmart shopping, & stopped for some sushi & pho carry out. Wore these black sandals "A New Day" from Target. Only interesting thing was a lady behind me at the Walmart checkout snapped a pic of my heels (I knew I should have painted my nails before wearing sandals!). I consider it doing my part to raise awareness :wink: ....

P1010263a.jpg

That's a good pair to be pictured in! 

• Like 1

Made a few stops today. Had to get a replacement handle for my toilet, so Lowes was my 1st stop, browsed around for half an hour, the went to Best Buy to pick up a PS4. Then some wandering around Macys. Finished up at Nordstrom Rack where I picked up a pair of nude Sam Edelman pumps. My heels today were a pair of red pumps by INC, which is the house brand of Macys. I like these pumps as they are quite comfortable to walk in, I have a few pairs in different colors. No subtlety in these heels as I got noticed several times. Had a mother & her young daughter walk by me as I was watching a display video & I noticed the mom walking past say something to the girl & her head spun around towards me. I turned towards them & the mom was jerking on her arm in a "don't stare!..don't stare!" kinda way while the girl just stared back & smiled at me the whole time. I got a kick out of that. Red heels are not for the faint of heart!

P1010264  m.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chesterx said:

Made a few stops today. Had to get a replacement handle for my toilet, so Lowes was my 1st stop, browsed around for half an hour, the went to Best Buy to pick up a PS4. Then some wandering around Macys. Finished up at Nordstrom Rack where I picked up a pair of nude Sam Edelman pumps. My heels today were a pair of red pumps by INC, which is the house brand of Macys. I like these pumps as they are quite comfortable to walk in, I have a few pairs in different colors. No subtlety in these heels as I got noticed several times. Had a mother & her young daughter walk by me as I was watching a display video & I noticed the mom walking past say something to the girl & her head spun around towards me. I turned towards them & the mom was jerking on her arm in a "don't stare!..don't stare!" kinda way while the girl just stared back & smiled at me the whole time. I got a kick out of that. Red heels are not for the faint of heart

Very well done! You're right in that the reds are noticeable. Congrats! Any other looks, comments or anything else?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hiddenheels said:

Very well done! You're right in that the reds are noticeable. Congrats! Any other looks, comments or anything else?

Nope, other than more head turning than usual, was pretty much a normal experience. I kinda like colorful heels, got a pair of blue stilettos I'm thinking of wearing to dinner tomorrow...

15 hours ago, chesterx said:

Made a few stops today. Had to get a replacement handle for my toilet, so Lowes was my 1st stop, browsed around for half an hour, the went to Best Buy to pick up a PS4. Then some wandering around Macys. Finished up at Nordstrom Rack where I picked up a pair of nude Sam Edelman pumps. My heels today were a pair of red pumps by INC, which is the house brand of Macys. I like these pumps as they are quite comfortable to walk in, I have a few pairs in different colors. No subtlety in these heels as I got noticed several times. Had a mother & her young daughter walk by me as I was watching a display video & I noticed the mom walking past say something to the girl & her head spun around towards me. I turned towards them & the mom was jerking on her arm in a "don't stare!..don't stare!" kinda way while the girl just stared back & smiled at me the whole time. I got a kick out of that. Red heels are not for the faint of heart!

P1010264  m.jpg

Great heels for out shopping!  Classic and walkable!  Wish I had the gumption to wear my heels on full display as you did!

As an aside, Chesterx, what size do you typically wear, and do the INC heels run true to that size?  I have been eyeing those heels for some time, as I love the classic cut, but I am afraid they'd be a bit on the narrow side in the toe box.  I have a somewhat wide foot, so I guess I could get them in 11W (thanks Macy's for at least having the wide sizes available), but I hate to buy without trying, and finding an 11W in a Macy's store is about impossible.  I know you said they were comfortable, but are they also true to size?

Edited by RonC

7 hours ago, RonC said:

Great heels for out shopping!  Classic and walkable!  Wish I had the gumption to wear my heels on full display as you did!

As an aside, Chesterx, what size do you typically wear, and do the INC heels run true to that size?  I have been eyeing those heels for some time, as I love the classic cut, but I am afraid they'd be a bit on the narrow side in the toe box.  I have a somewhat wide foot, so I guess I could get them in 11W (thanks Macy's for at least having the wide sizes available), but I hate to buy without trying, and finding an 11W in a Macy's store is about impossible.  I know you said they were comfortable, but are they also true to size?

I "think" I am a 12W/13M as I have shoes in both sizes that fit, and the INC brand fit well. I have 4 pairs to prove it. Keep watching Macy's website as they put these shoes on sale quite often, I don't think I paid full price for any of the pumps I bought.

Just a quick outing as my internet was out, so spent a couple of hours at a strip mall wandering the stores then getting some Asian food. No interactions as there were not many folks out. Wore my blue stilettos from Hot Tomato, these are comfortable to me for some reason, even though they are taller than I normally wear. I get an uneasy feeling walking in them as if the thin heel is going to snap on me, but they held up, at least for this trip...

P1010267a.jpg

• Like 4

Well done, chesterx! Sounds like you had a good time on your dinner outing, and the pumps look great! I wear a 13 wide myself, not an easy size to find on the shelf, especially after Payless closed, however, I've managed to wear 13 medium comfortably when it comes to boots. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

9 hours ago, chesterx said:

Yes they are in a size 12W. I have never been "fitted", so I dont know my official size, but I seem to fall between 12/13, which is why I can fit into a 12W, although I have a couple of shoes that are a bit tight, but this brand fits well in 12W.

Today started off with getting my car inspected. I knew the guy that owned the station so I wore sneakers, then switched to my latest Nordstrom Rack find, a pair of Calvin Klein stilettos. I was a bit shocked when I measured the heel to be 4 1/2" as they didn't seem that tall in store. Cant beat nappa leather though, as it molded itself to my foot, a fantastic fit for a heel this high. Next stop was an afternoon showing of "Midway" at a new AMC theater that opened near me. Walked by several people along the sidewalk & in the lobby with some notices, but no issues at all. Afterwards I stopped for dinner at an Italian restaurant. Again, no issues at all. Was treated like anyone else by the staff. So there I was eating dinner in a crowded restaurant, wearing 4 1/2" pumps, when it dawned on me, I had achieved what I had wanted for so long. To wear beautiful shoes in public like it was no big thing, without the fear & anxiety I used to have when I started months ago. Not sure what is next in this adventure, but I'm sure I will be wearing heels when I do it!

Some thoughts here. First, congratulations on going on a full outing, in stiletto pumps no less! I wore heels lots of places for a couple of years before I felt like I could wear stilettos.

Second, as far as not wearing heels when you know you're going to meet certain people, I still sometimes think about this after doing this 7 years. For example, I have worn heels to the union hall, but only once, and not to a general meeting. I've decided that I don't want to expend the mental energy.

Third, about your surprise that 4 1/2" heels don't seem that tall. That could be because of the design of the shoe. Some tall heels are just easier to walk in than other. However, it's probably mostly due to the fact that you're a size 12 or 13. Put that same 4 1/2" heel on a size 6, and they would be absolutely insanely high for daily use.

I like that little touch of embroidery, too, on the jeans.

• Like 1

On heel height and shoes size, that all depends. Some manufacturers - the better ones - scale up their heel heights in proportion to shoe size to maintain the same proportions and lines. The advertised heel height is set for a standard size, usually 6 or 8 and then goes up or down accordingly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shyheels said:

On heel height and shoes size, that all depends. Some manufacturers - the better ones - scale up their heel heights in proportion to shoe size to maintain the same proportions and lines. The advertised heel height is set for a standard size, usually 6 or 8 and then goes up or down accordingly.

One of the few benefits of having larger sized feet, it is easy to walk in heels....Great job Chesterx, seems like you had a great time buddy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I like that little touch of embroidery, too, on the jeans.

I just got these jeans the other day along with a pair of black leather leggings but didnt realize the leggins dont have any pockets on them, so I'm not sure I can wear them out. The jeans have a larger embroidery on the thigh. When I started wearing heels in public I bought jeans with a bootcut to hide them, but since I want to show them now I only had the one pair of straight leg jeans & was getting tired of wearing them constantly & wanted something different.

8 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I didn't notice that, but, yes, I went and checked a pair of Nine West pumps & sure enough they were advertised as 4" but these 13's are at 4 1/2". My cheaper brands don't do that.

Update on my Mom, she stabilized enough after the antibiotic treatments that they moved her to hospice care. She still can't walk & finds it difficult to eat, but she is out of immediate danger, & I get to spend one more Thanksgiving with her...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chesterx said:

I just got these jeans the other day along with a pair of black leather leggings but didnt realize the leggins dont have any pockets on them, so I'm not sure I can wear them out. The jeans have a larger embroidery on the thigh. When I started wearing heels in public I bought jeans with a bootcut to hide them, but since I want to show them now I only had the one pair of straight leg jeans & was getting tired of wearing them constantly & wanted something different.

I didn't notice that, but, yes, I went and checked a pair of Nine West pumps & sure enough they were advertised as 4" but these 13's are at 4 1/2". My cheaper brands don't do that.

Update on my Mom, she stabilized enough after the antibiotic treatments that they moved her to hospice care. She still can't walk & finds it difficult to eat, but she is out of immediate danger, & I get to spend one more Thanksgiving with her...

That's great. Hopefully things will continue to improve. Happy Thanksgiving :-)

• Like 1

Today started with a trip to Sports Clips for a haircut. After that I went to the car wash to remove the holiday grime, then stopped off for some Mexican food. Thought about catching a movie as the theater was across the parking lot, but the only show I cared to see had already started, so I went to Walmart & got my shopping for next week done. As it was a nice day out I took the opportunity to wear my Chelsea Moreland  nude sandals. No interactions to speak of...

P1010269.JPG

• Like 5

12 hours ago, chesterx said:

Today started with a trip to Sports Clips for a haircut. After that I went to the car wash to remove the holiday grime, then stopped off for some Mexican food. Thought about catching a movie as the theater was across the parking lot, but the only show I cared to see had already started, so I went to Walmart & got my shopping for next week done. As it was a nice day out I took the opportunity to wear my Chelsea Moreland  nude sandals. No interactions to speak of...

P1010269.JPG

Nicely done! 

12 hours ago, chesterx said:

P1010269.JPG

Nice sandals! They look sharp!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!