Wearing high heels as a man needs courage!

Hansi1973

I am tempted to comment on public sector pensions, but fear if would create quite a kerfuffle, so I will stand mute....  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 8 months later...
On 1/28/2020 at 12:03 PM, Pierre1961 said:

One ((bad) opportunity for reopening this subject 

Today I had to fly from Paris( Orly,an airport I don’t like) fo Madrid. 

Before boarding I bought a coffee and sat close to the counter I got it. 

I heard a male voice at the coffee counter saying  to his female coworker: “ the world is turning wrong side,look at the shoes of this guy!” She didn’t answer,or I didn’t heard. Then 5  minutes later he called a guy from the security,probably a friend of him( and same physical aspect) and said  very loudly:” look at the shoes of that guy” Again I wasn’t able to hear the answer. 

I didn’t move,did show any trouble,kept on reading my book after I had finished the coffee 

Not a big deal. But for sure not encouraging because that kind of guys is now quite common in some places of Paris. Where I never go. 

But that it is the first time is happens to me in an airport 

So,yes sometimes wearing heels need courage!

the shoes were the ones  you can see on the picture. Brown  14 block heels 

C1BF1B87-4615-4D4E-94C6-4EB91FA59E27.jpeg

Those heels are ridiculously beautiful!!!! 

• 2 months later...
On 4/4/2023 at 7:36 PM, SF said:

I am tempted to comment on public sector pensions, but fear if would create quite a kerfuffle, so I will stand mute....  sf

I dare ya.. 😁 

No seriously, help yourself... A kerfuffle about pensions 🙂

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

As a freelancer, I put money into a pension and I am now collecting money from that as well from another pension that includes medical and dental (not much dental). Still working on my third pension for another 2 + years.  @Shyheels don't starve, learn to fish and garden.

I bet this will drive @SF crazy.

Edited by Cali

I won’t starve (hopefully!) I’ll just keep writing magazine features until I become too senile to continue, after which I shall set myself up as a political columnist and commentator

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I won’t starve (hopefully!) I’ll just keep writing magazine features until I become too senile to continue, after which I shall set myself up as a political columnist and commentator

What do you mean by 'until'?  😁

I doubt that, as a political columnist and commentator, you will be offered much work.   There are far too many around already!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Puffer said:

What do you mean by 'until'?  😁

I doubt that, as a political columnist and commentator, you will be offered much work.   There are far too many around already!

Sad isn’t it? I like my feminine boots with the zips up the side so I don’t have to tie my laces …

• Like 1

The subject comes up more and more often lately. I get asked, "Squirrel, how long have you got left?" The answer is I don't know. I can't afford to retire early, being as my ex-wife got half my pension years ago, so the best I can do is hope I don't get hurt or sick in the next 9 years. The good news is, my house is paid off as of this month!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Never fear, MLP, experienced electricians are in high demand in our area.  One of my first clients is a highly regarded, well trained, fully licensed, talented electrician that could do almost anything to do with industrial and residential electrical engineering. Outstanding in his chosen profession but had no head for the business end.

I ran into him while our family was on vacation.  We happened to be staying at the same resort.  He described his business difficulties during a friendly conversation one afternoon. And, since I was recently medically retired from the military without steady employment, I told him that I thought that I could reorganize his operation to a point where he only had to worry about completing the job and leave the administrative, logistical and personnel matters to me.  We managed to work together and it took about 18 months to put the business back into the black.  

A couple of years ago he sold his business to a major corporation and retired.  Now, he is in great demand managing to stay busy free lancing domestic electric repairs and minor installations around our city. So, rest easy. Your skills will remain in high demand longer than you desire to practice them.  :-)

Edited by Bubba136
  • Like 4

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

On 3/8/2024 at 10:21 AM, mlroseplant said:

The subject comes up more and more often lately. I get asked, "Squirrel, how long have you got left?" The answer is I don't know. I can't afford to retire early, being as my ex-wife got half my pension years ago, so the best I can do is hope I don't get hurt or sick in the next 9 years. The good news is, my house is paid off as of this month!

Are you referring to the potential time that your employment might last, or to the remaining time during which you expect to remain on the planet and fit for work?   If the former, then (as Bubba says) you should not find it too hard to get alternative and suitably lucrative work.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:21 AM, mlroseplant said:

That is great news, can't wait until mine if finally paid off in a few years!  I'm going to try to retire at the end of this year.  Don't really want to, but getting too old and cranky to put up with corporate BS, and have no filter left...  My pension was consumed by bankruptcy...

11 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Never fear, MLP, experienced electricians are in high demand in our area.  One of my first clients is a highly regarded, well trained, fully licensed, talented electrician that could do almost anything to do with industrial and residential electrical engineering. Outstanding in his chosen profession but had no head for the business end.

I ran into him while our family was on vacation.  We happened to be staying at the same resort.  He described his business difficulties during a friendly conversation one afternoon. And, since I was recently medically retired from the military without steady employment, I told him that I thought that I could reorganize his operation to a point where he only had to worry about completing the job and leave the administrative, logistical and personnel matters to me.  We managed to work together and it took about 18 months to put the business back into the black.  

A couple of years ago he sold his business to a major corporation and retired.  Now, he is in great demand managing to stay busy free lancing domestic electric repairs and minor installations around our city. So, rest easy. Your skills will remain in high demand longer than you desire to practice them.  :-)

Had I life to do over, would become an electrician and a plumber...

On 3/8/2024 at 10:21 AM, mlroseplant said:

Brilliant to have a paid for house - a huge step towards security and independence 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Puffer said:

Are you referring to the potential time that your employment might last, or to the remaining time during which you expect to remain on the planet and fit for work?   If the former, then (as Bubba says) you should not find it too hard to get alternative and suitably lucrative work.

It is the latter. Unless something radical happens, which is not beyond the realm of possibility, given the general gullibility of the American populace, I should have no problem keeping employment here in Iowa, as long as I can still climb a ladder.

23 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It is the latter. Unless something radical happens, which is not beyond the realm of possibility, given the general gullibility of the American populace, I should have no problem keeping employment here in Iowa, as long as I can still climb a ladder.

I'm sure you will remain OK for work - as long as you don't wear stilettos up a ladder.

It is my birthday today so I am naturally feeling a little more vulnerable as yet another year passes, especially as the physical activities I have been carrying out in retirement (some 10 years now) progressively become a little more onerous.   But, around the family, there is a steady demand for plumbing, electrics, joinery, etc etc - none of which was in my original contracts of employment ...!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

I'm sure you will remain OK for work - as long as you don't wear stilettos up a ladder.

It is my birthday today so I am naturally feeling a little more vulnerable as yet another year passes, especially as the physical activities I have been carrying out in retirement (some 10 years now) progressively become a little more onerous.   But, around the family, there is a steady demand for plumbing, electrics, joinery, etc etc - none of which was in my original contracts of employment ...!

Happy Birthday - I hope it is a good one 

• Like 1