Wearing high heels as a man needs courage!

Hansi1973

When someone steps on my foot I tell 'em, OK that's cool, I walk on the bottom, so feel free to walk on the top....   smile....   sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 7:01 PM, Chorlini said:

I once lost a toenail, infection at the base, it came lose there and over time fell off. I thought I was rid of it forever yet it grew back within months. Am I unique in that or did you do something extra to stop that from happening?

My understanding is that a finger or toe nail will usually grow back unless the nail bed has been badly damaged, physically or through infection.   Over the years, I have lost at least two toenails through injury (heavy weight falling on foot!) and both grew back.   Ditto fingernails after crushing injury or similar.

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

My understanding is that a finger or toe nail will usually grow back unless the nail bed has been badly damaged, physically or through infection.   Over the years, I have lost at least two toenails through injury (heavy weight falling on foot!) and both grew back.   Ditto fingernails after crushing injury or similar.

Yeah, you have to do something extra special to actually "kill" a nail. I think they apply some sort of strong chemical to the nail matrix, and then you have no more nail, ever. If you're lucky. I don't even like to think about that.

Over 20 years ago, I damaged the nail matrix in my thumb. It created a thin "dead zone" or fracture fault in the nail matrix, basically creating two nails.  When uneven pressure is applied, the nail will split vertical, from tip to bed. Reaching into you pocket is enough cause it to split.  I now need to have it covered with acyclic to keep it together.

3 hours ago, Cali said:

Over 20 years ago, I damaged the nail matrix in my thumb. It created a thin "dead zone" or fracture fault in the nail matrix, basically creating two nails.  When uneven pressure is applied, the nail will split vertical, from tip to bed. Reaching into you pocket is enough cause it to split.  I now need to have it covered with acyclic to keep it together.

Given the assorted bodily defects that you (alas) seem to suffer, I'm surprised you haven't tried to sue the creator for producing something not of merchantable quality and not fit for purpose.   But I suppose that the statute of limitations now precludes that!

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

Given the assorted bodily defects that you (alas) seem to suffer, I'm surprised you haven't tried to sue the creator for producing something not of merchantable quality and not fit for purpose.   But I suppose that the statute of limitations now precludes that!

??????

His issues are his doing. He's dealing with them, no legal issues.

6 hours ago, Puffer said:

Many of my leg/knee/ankle issues were caused be ill-fitting shoes, aka ALL men's shoes. Once I switch to only women's shoes many of the issued solved themselves. 

Then I play hard and things happens when you play hard.

One day a friend destroyed one of my "toys" in the middle of nowhere, 2 hours into the wilderness by snowmobile. The next day we had to retrieve it, but we had to disassemble it with limited tools. in the process my thumb got stuck between two nuts.  When you are in the middle of nowhere, no one can hear you scream.

Edited by Cali
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

??????

His issues are his doing. He's dealing with them, no legal issues.

My apologies if my attempt at humour went over your head - a fair way to reach if you were in 5" heels.  😞   But I think Cali understood. 😏

10 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

The creator has been sued many times, but somehow never successfully!

9 hours ago, Shyheels said:

It helps when you’re also the judge…

... and that there is a legal defence (albeit often misunderstood) of 'Act of God'.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shyheels said:

If that is an Act of God then any unexpected happening or accident could also be considered an Act of God. So what is the point of insurance?

A scam to make the insurance company rich?

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

If that is an Act of God then any unexpected happening or accident could also be considered an Act of God. So what is the point of insurance?

Not so; there is usually an identifiable (human) trigger for an accident, apart from weather/climate related events.   The latter are not generally excluded by insurance on the grounds of being an 'Act of God' or otherwise, but specific exclusions may apply, depending mainly on the type and scope of cover in question.   Damage resulting from a falling tree might be covered (or not) by either the property insurance or by insurance relating to the damaged thing (e.g. a car) or injured person.   In Melrose's case, I think his property insurer is refusing to pay for the damaged car, but his motor insurer normally would, if cover is comprehensive.

This is not really the place to go into great detail, especially not on Christmas Eve!    But I would caution Santa about entering chimneys and also caution the householder responsible for them.

9 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

THIS was considered to be an "Act of God" by my insurance company. They would pay to clear my driveway, but they wouldn't pay for the poor car!

SmashedCar.JPG

Actually most home owner's insurance covers the damage the tree does.

They total the car at some lower value but cover the rest.

I seem to remember your saying, sometime back, that you had a law degree.   If you do, you should know enough about these cases to analyze them yourself.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

4 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

I seem to remember your saying, sometime back, that you had a law degree.   If you do, you should know enough about these cases to analyze them yourself.

To whom is that comment addressed, Bubba?

4 hours ago, Puffer said:

To whom is that comment addressed, Bubba?

That would be me. There is this nasty rumor floating around that I'm a lawyer. To tell the truth, I'm really not sure whether I am or not officially, and at this point, I don't really care. All I know is, the insurance company (homeowner's insurance) paid to clear my driveway so I could get to my garage, but they would not pay for my guest's crushed car. None of it was worth enough money to fight over, which is probably what the insurance companies count on.

Interestingly enough, the tree was sound, in other words, not rotten. It's just that we had an early, very heavy, wet snow, and the leaves were still on the trees. It just couldn't bear the weight of all that sloppy snow. Bad luck! I miss that tree. And my guest misses his classic Honda Accord.

I suppose that’s the difference between here in the UK, apart from crown owned or land owned via certain Dukedom’s, trees cannot be within a 4meter (13ft 1inch) range of any plan of the house. Plus trees must be limited to a 6 foot (England) or 2 meter (Scotland & Wales) in height and diameter, in line with fence height. Your neighbours can sue for enforcement, but is largely a last case scenario, but is often done for right to light.

It still happens though through under investment, leaving public land having tree surgery cut to fund other things, meaning in you are on a street, it’s an act of god.

Our insurance companies are a bit more regulated as well, so can’t weasel out as much.

That tree falling like that is an act of god. Maybe cut it down or get some branches removed to get it to grow higher?

1 hour ago, VirginHeels said:

I suppose that’s the difference between here in the UK, apart from crown owned or land owned via certain Dukedom’s, trees cannot be within a 4meter (13ft 1inch) range of any plan of the house. Plus trees must be limited to a 6 foot (England) or 2 meter (Scotland & Wales) in height and diameter, in line with fence height. Your neighbours can sue for enforcement, but is largely a last case scenario, but is often done for right to light.

It still happens though through under investment, leaving public land having tree surgery cut to fund other things, meaning in you are on a street, it’s an act of god.

Our insurance companies are a bit more regulated as well, so can’t weasel out as much.

That tree falling like that is an act of god. Maybe cut it down or get some branches removed to get it to grow higher?

Height and diameter??

Must have lots of fat Bonsai trees.