Wearing high heels as a man needs courage!

Hansi1973

Pretty cool! I would agree that in the beginning it takes courage for a man to wear heels in public, but, in time, it becomes second nature and no big deal at all.

• Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

On 11/2/2019 at 5:45 PM, Hansi1973 said:

Some weeks ago our local newspaper found out, that the designer of CROSS SWORD (https://cross-sword.com/) is located in Mainz (Rhineland-Palatine/ Frankfurt-Area) and issued a home story, including a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smFpiuCGJ3c.

Some days later, another jounalist from the dpa (German Press Agency) contacted me via the forum ("Men-on-high-heels.de"), to arrange an interview.

I agreed and had a nice discussion, they took some pics... and last Monday they issued the article. More than 30 newspapers and radio stations took over the issued article, including the pics.

For an example:  https://www.focus.de/kultur/mode/mode-maenner-auf-high-heels-brauchen-mut_id_11281697.html

More links you will find here: https://www.men-on-high-heels.de/t4391f18-Maenner-auf-High-Heels-brauchen-Mut.html

Meanwhile I had another two telephone interviews (RTL Letzeburg and SWR3).

That's great news!  I wonder what the total combined views amount to....I used to think that England was the global capital for freestyling.  Maybe it's Germany now!

• Like 2

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

Think you’re finding the courage really well now mate and more trips will only increase your confidence, are they long boots or ankle boots, they look great either way, as time goes by you may find yourself wanting to show more of the boots, keep it up mate you’re doing really well 

• Like 1

Good for you, Pierre! Those early forays in public are always the hardest, but it gets easier from there.

• Like 1

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Thank you!

they are Oxford.But thanks to the height it was possible this jean( straight fitting)  over most of the shoes. 

If not flare jean would have been the choice but somehow it would have been more obvious.

About showing the shoes,it ok for me but with less high heels. I will post soon some pics from the outfits I wore in Canada. 

Pierre 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One ((bad) opportunity for reopening this subject 

Today I had to fly from Paris( Orly,an airport I don’t like) fo Madrid. 

Before boarding I bought a coffee and sat close to the counter I got it. 

I heard a male voice at the coffee counter saying  to his female coworker: “ the world is turning wrong side,look at the shoes of this guy!” She didn’t answer,or I didn’t heard. Then 5  minutes later he called a guy from the security,probably a friend of him( and same physical aspect) and said  very loudly:” look at the shoes of that guy” Again I wasn’t able to hear the answer. 

I didn’t move,did show any trouble,kept on reading my book after I had finished the coffee 

Not a big deal. But for sure not encouraging because that kind of guys is now quite common in some places of Paris. Where I never go. 

But that it is the first time is happens to me in an airport 

So,yes sometimes wearing heels need courage!

the shoes were the ones  you can see on the picture. Brown  14 block heels 

C1BF1B87-4615-4D4E-94C6-4EB91FA59E27.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pierre1961 said:

I heard a male voice at the coffee counter saying  to his female coworker: “ the world is turning wrong side,look at the shoes of this guy!” She didn’t answer,or I didn’t heard. Then 5  minutes later he called a guy from the security,probably a friend of him( and same physical aspect) and said  very loudly:” look at the shoes of that guy” Again I wasn’t able to hear the answer. 

I didn’t move,did show any trouble,kept on reading my book after I had finished the coffee 

Not a big deal. But for sure not encouraging because that kind of guys is now quite common in some places of Paris. Where I never go. 

I really like those heels !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

Be proud of the courage you showed by standing your ground and not letting foolish comments affect you.  I guess I am a bit shocked though, I would have thought that Paris would be a very tolerant place when it comes to fashion...But, that may just be an uneducated stereotype that I have developed.     In any event, please know you look great.  The great boots and perfect fitting jeans have a powerful and confident look for sure.  Personally, I will bet that the fellow was actual very envious....He is so frustrated that he does not have the courage to wear great boots like yours publicly....  Sure hope you have some nice reactions soon, don't let this fool bother you....Don

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pierre1961 said:

I have been through many airports now, even kind of in the sticks (Columbus, Ohio) and no one has said anything negative:

If I have the chance to see the person saying something like this, I would respond.  I would be curious, how someone can feel the world is turning wrong simply because a guy is wearing heels.  It might be a good conversation, and they might learn that I am not trying to start a revolution, I am just enjoying shoes.  And if anyone says "look at those shoes", I would smile and let them see the shoes!  

• Like 1

The very 1st time I wore heels in public Some guy in a store said quite loudly to his friends "Look at his shoes!" in a mocking mannerism. I was already nervous as hell & his words cut like a knife. I remember going from the exhilaration of wearing heels to burning shame & wanting to hide & find the exit.  It took years for me to try again. I had to come to grips with the fact that there will always be some jerk out there, & I just might run into them some day. I finally chose to not let those few random jerks that I will never see again ruin something that I really wanted to do. Time has proven me right, as just about every interaction I have had has been neutral at worst to very complimentary. I figure I'm going to run across jerks someday whether I'm wearing heels or not, so I choose heels...

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Be proud of the courage you showed by standing your ground and not letting foolish comments affect you.  I guess I am a bit shocked though, I would have thought that Paris would be a very tolerant place when it comes to fashion...But, that may just be an uneducated stereotype that I have developed.     In any event, please know you look great.  The great boots and perfect fitting jeans have a powerful and confident look for sure.  Personally, I will bet that the fellow was actual very envious....He is so frustrated that he does not have the courage to wear great boots like yours publicly....  Sure hope you have some nice reactions soon, don't let this fool bother you....Don

Fortunately I have not had any negative experiences, but the shoes look great, would love a pair.

We are constantly focusing on the wrong side of the equation. For every startup success we hear, there are (probably) millions we do not hear of. For each negative comment you hear, there are (probably) millions of positive comments (or indifference, which is also good) you do not hear. Please try to look at all the other moments when nothing happened.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chesterx said:

The very 1st time I wore heels in public Some guy in a store said quite loudly to his friends "Look at his shoes!" in a mocking mannerism. 

It's amazing how much tone matters.  Nowadays, in my experience, you may encounter people who will say "Look at his shoes!" but with admiration.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

It's amazing how much tone matters.  Nowadays, in my experience, you may encounter people who will say "Look at his shoes!" but with admiration.  

Agreed, that has been my experience as well. Honestly, I don't think I was emotionally ready to handle the crass remarks back then as well as I can now... 

• Like 1

Hello friends 

Thank you for your friendly reactions 

It is the first time it happens to me. Paris is still a safe place .only a few places are to be avoided. As in most cities all over the world 

That boor is part of that community  here that try to restrain women rights and people behavior in general 

By chance I now have a long public heeling background and won’t be affected so much with that episode.Just keep on staying on my toes. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 5