High On Ankle High Boots

JeffB

In the beginning of my journey as a fashion freestyler, I'll admit to not having been a fan of ankle high boots as I just didn't like the lack of short height or their overall styling. As a heeler, I was all about knee boots, then thigh highs (thanks to thighbootguy), but ankle highs were low on my boot pecking order. However, over time, that mindset changed as I came to first appreciate, then like how ankle highs worked well with skirts and dresses, suddenly, I was wearing ankle highs more and more, and in different styles: spike heeled, block heeled, wedge heeled and in colors like black, tan, taupe and gray, pairing them either with hosiery, leggings or going bare legged, and all three options look good on me. Of late, when it comes to boots, I've been wearing ankle highs exclusively, the style appeals to me greatly and I rarely wear anything else. To anyone who might be on the fence on ankle highs, give them a try, chances are you'll come to like them like I do.

valencia.jpg.ad6e6b6e91fb3e013bb15d6236101246.jpg

Edited by JeffB
  • Like 2

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

As someone who has always worn hiking boots - they are very ‘me’ given my generally outdoorsy style having grown up in the mountains - I always fancied a pair of heeled ankle boots as the more daring, racier style of boots to those that I normally wear. I bought a pair with 3.5 inch Cuban heels from the now defunct Shoes of Prey and like them very much.

• Like 2

I remember Shoes of Prey having had nice styles. I wish I had bought a pair before they went belly up.

I have made  a similar journey to you, @JeffB.  Never liked them much, till I saw a cute pair with stiletto heels, and since then have 'seen the light' and have a few pairs now. They have the added benefit of being easy to put on and off and wear as well, when wearing jeans or trousers.  Knee highs though will always be my favorite!

• Like 2

As a short guy with short legs, I have to be very careful with ankle boots. They tend to cut off my line and make me appear even shorter. I prefer ankle boots which are not quite at tall as the ones pictured in the original post, bordering on being shoes. Of course, if they're under boot cut pants, it doesn't much matter the exact height of the shaft.

• Like 2

Well @JeffB, I’ll throw myself in that boat as well. I originally only considered knee and thigh boots, thinking rarely about ankle boots.

Like you, as my interests have progressed/changed over time, I’ve become more curious about how I could style a pair of ankle boots to make them work on an outfit.

If I‘m being honest, it’s been your adventures with them that have helped me decide I really can pull off a look, so thank you!

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, KneeBooted said:

Well @JeffB, I’ll throw myself in that boat as well. I originally only considered knee and thigh boots, thinking rarely about ankle boots.

Like you, as my interests have progressed/changed over time, I’ve become more curious about how I could style a pair of ankle boots to make them work on an outfit.

If I‘m being honest, it’s been your adventures with them that have helped me decide I really can pull off a look, so thank you!

The pleasure is all mine. I’m glad that my outings spurred you towards wearing ankle boots.

• Like 1

I started with 2-3 inch ankle booties. Bare Traps, Material Girl, etc.  There are very few styles I wont wear. flats (why hurt your feet?), boots without a full zipper - can't get my feet into that position to put them on, and pumps - I stopped wasting my time with them, they just don't fit my feet.

So don't kiss off a style until you have tried at least a few pairs in that style. You never know what you might find to your liking.

Shop in person and in heels, you'll have a better experience.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1