I gave these away to a local charity.

Now I want them back.

I should have donated money.

j

top shop and asos platforms..jpg

Sorry to hear! They both look fantastic!

I hear your pain... been there done that! They are quite lovely … 

Can't tell you how many times I've done the same.

YES,the Mary Jane with chunky heels and round toes are wonderful. 

Can’t blame you. I did the same mistake so many times because thinking I had too many shoes. 

I realized that I almost always wear the 4/5 same pairs and own more than 50. And still keep on buying more. 

Tell me I am crazy. I have to agree. 

But happy like that! 

My pair of mary-janes that I purged along with some other regrettable heels that I still wish I kept. Never again...

56a40038959ef_20160123_1829332.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/5/2019 at 3:07 AM, bailey said:

My pair of mary-janes that I purged along with some other regrettable heels that I still wish I kept. Never again...

56a40038959ef_20160123_1829332.jpg

Great looking pair @bailey

I am lucky to never have the need/desire to purge.  The only time I get rid of heels is when they are worn out, or they were a mistake that I can't take back. Mistakes are shoes bought over the internet that just don't fit right.  I have given 6 pairs of new shoes away to women and about 5 pairs to goodwill.

Currently I have three pairs that I no longer wear because I can't put my foot in them anymore. One has never been worn, one that I have worn is my early days - short heel - 1/2 zipper slouch boots, and one that has been worn a lot.

Posted (edited)

I unfortunately have purged a couple times.  Currently working on selling a few off that I just don't wear anymore.

Edited by TKHeels

On 10/7/2019 at 8:12 AM, TKHeels said:

I unfortunately have purged a couple times.  Currently working on selling a few off that I just don't wear anymore.

yeah, would love to try as well. didn't get too much interest here on the sales forum though :-( 

Yes I have purged a couple of times, heels I have bought to big, and bought a size smaller, that I am happy with, given to my local air ambulance.

But in the past say 30 years I have given many shoes away, or dumped down some lane somewhere on my travels. Nowadays I only buy shoes I will wear and keep.

Well, thanks for all of your replies.

It wont be the last time I give things away and then lament when i open up an old photo.

A great collection of stories with the common theme...what were you thinking giving thosae Mary Janes away bailey ?

Nice to hear some have gone to friends, charities and others.

Its the best when you see your hand me downs worn out by the receiver, has happened to me a couple of times.

In the classic film "Fight Club' , Brad Pitt's charachter 'Tyler Durden' makes reference to 'Your possessions own you' which has a lot of truth.

A purge, give away, what ever can be a great thing. In a way we have to turn things over to our life turning over.

BUT WHAT WAS I THINKING ?? !!

The Mary Janes were once my Premier Pair and my best friend recently said out of the blue,  Where are those black and white spot heels, they are great.