OMG this really works!

Amanda

I read about this somewhere a while ago now.

And forgot all about it.

Then it cropped up again while I was browsing a fashion site on Friday.

Taping your 3rd and 4th toes together to make heel wearing less painful.

I was at home and not terribly busy so I thought ,just for fun, i might try it.

OMG it really works!

I really wasn't enjoying the sticky plasticy tapey feeling so I swapped scotch tape for some Micropore tape.

I spent the whole day pottering around the house and as much time as possible doing things that required standing. I even stood with my laptop on the kitchen worktop and spent a good hour and a half writing emails.

Gosh I wish I'd know about this 20 years ago!

Thankfully the sandal season is over so I can experiment a little further.

Anyway, I thought my experience warranted a wee posting here. I'll try and find time to update any further findings. . x

• Like 7

I think it's worth trying, as it seems to work for some people. When I tried it, I also was thinking that Scotch tape was not the thing, so I used medical/bandage tape. Unfortunately, it did nothing for me, but it didn't make anything worse, either. Like so many things, I suppose it depends upon the individual physiology of the person.

I have done this but with other toes. I use skin color blister tape. My baby toes wants to stick out between straps in some of my gladiator style sandals.

Edited by Cali

Whilst I don't recall suffering any pain after wearing heels I admit there are some heels of mine which don't feel quite as cumfy at home as they did in the store. These are the ones I'll wear when trying this taping method. I'm always up for learning different techniques. Thanks for posting this information which I'm sure will greatly help some of our members. HinH