I was caught

hh_pe

Did you change shoes or stay in heels for the remainder??  Glad the experience was positive...  But expect she will tell others.  That generally has been my experience..  Have fun..  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

47 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t say you were “caught”.  Sounds like you were discovered.  And it seems like the door has been opened for more heel wearing in your office. 

Yes, I like that term better also..."Caught" implies you were doing something wrong/illegal/immoral, which of course, you were not...

Edited by pebblesf
incomplete

On 9/20/2019 at 10:57 PM, hh_pe said:

As we wrapped up our conversation, she said she would wear a few of her heels for me to see and I told her I would do the same.

Wow!  What a positive outcome!

• Like 2

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:57 PM, hh_pe said:

As we wrapped up our conversation, she said she would wear a few of her heels for me to see and I told her I would do the same.

I like that you have influenced her to wear her heels. I have had several women, heel lovers, tell me the same thing; if I can wear my heels to work, why can't they. And then they do.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments.  After reading them, I realize using the word "Discovered" might have been a better for the title. 

With today (Monday) being the first full day with everyone in the office, I was a bit nervous and wondered how many people know by now.  I realize word will get out.  I'm curios on how long will it be before someone, other than the secretary, makes a comment, good or bad, about my heel wearing. If my coworkers were attempting to look today to see if I was wearing heels, they unfortunately were out of luck.  I had men's dress shoes on and spent the majority of my time at my desk reviewing a report.  I'm thinking about wearing my Aerosoles Accomplishments tomorrow, but I've worn these numerous times to the office.  I guess if a lady who is familiar with the shoes were to see the diamond tread and recognize the pattern, then she would know. 

ACCOMPLISHMENT - BROWN - aerosoles.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2019 at 4:35 PM, hh_pe said:

Thanks for the comments.  After reading them, I realize using the word "Discovered" might have been a better for the title. 

With today (Monday) being the first full day with everyone in the office, I was a bit nervous and wondered how many people know by now.  I realize word will get out.  I'm curios on how long will it be before someone, other than the secretary, makes a comment, good or bad, about my heel wearing. If my coworkers were attempting to look today to see if I was wearing heels, they unfortunately were out of luck.  I had men's dress shoes on and spent the majority of my time at my desk reviewing a report.  I'm thinking about wearing my Aerosoles Accomplishments tomorrow, but I've worn these numerous times to the office.  I guess if a lady who is familiar with the shoes were to see the diamond tread and recognize the pattern, then she would know. 

Don't know how it is within your environment, but this is not a topic I would start talking about behind someone's back. I don't like office politics, and would never get involved in a discussion like this. So perhaps no one knows but her?

1 hour ago, hiddenheels said:

Don't know how it is within your environment, but this is not a topic I would start talking about behind someone's back. I don't like office politics, and would never get involved in a discussion like this. So perhaps no one knows but her?  

Perhaps, but not likely, I'm betting the word it out.  On the other hand, I'm trying to remember if the person who discovered him was his secretary.  If so, she may indeed to a trusted/loyal coworker who would never say a word...  Hopefully hh_pe will let us know

13 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Perhaps, but not likely, I'm betting the word it out.  On the other hand, I'm trying to remember if the person who discovered him was his secretary.  If so, she may indeed to a trusted/loyal coworker who would never say a word...  Hopefully hh_pe will let us know

This brings to mind a situation a couple of years back when I wore heels to an "extracirricular" activity (meaning we were at a bar) with my coworkers at the time. Only one coworker commented, and the boss made no comment at the time, or ever. I heard that people were talking about me the next Monday, but it seemed to be rather limited and never came to anything. Hopefully, this will be the case here.

• 9 months later...

I figured it is time for an update. Surprisingly word DID NOT get out at the office.  I continued my typical Friday morning routine and our secretary did come in a few more times early in the morning.  She also wore some nice pumps that varied in heights from 1 to 3-1/2 inches.  Things were good until the first of the year.  In January I was reassigned to take over a project that required me to relocate to the client's office.  There was no way I could wear heels at their office.  With COVID-19, our company like so many others required everyone to work from home.  I'm thankful I have the ability to work from home, but with the wife and kids always around, I have not had the opportunity to wear my heels.  This "drought" will pass and we will return to the office at some point.  The question is when, and who will want to return?  Some coworkers are indicating they plan to become virtual employees and not return to the office.

Remain safe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think a lot if people will be working from him from now on. I’ve been freelancing first 25 years and working from home when not on travelling assignment. My last assignment was in March and with travelling off the menu for the foreseeable future  I’m housebound - and with everybody else housebound too, wife working from home and kids doing school on line. I am very much missing my solitude

• Like 1

Chiming in too - with the same experiences... Even though I now have an office a short distance away from home, I still land up working from home often, because of family needs. So heeling is down to an all time low, not that I was such a huge heeler before ;-)  but I did enjoy my heeling at home. Now, if at all, its late at night, with a houseful of ZZZZ's. 

I hope that we can all work to release the frustration that comes with these heeling limitations - amongst the much larger frustrations that this period brings too. 

• Like 1

Am looking forward to returning to work in October.  AA did offer some early out options, but they weren't very appealing.  Decided to continue working until eligible for full SS.  Just learned I will be losing nearly 8000 of my fellow flight crew, so returning will be bitter sweet indeed...

And like Shyheels and Jeremy1986 i've been restricted hugely due to a house full of people. In fact on the other extreme, working from home has meant far longer days to the point that i've virtually not been on hear over the last 2-3 months, i've just had no time. Life is looking to be heading back to some form of pre-March 2020 normality, but it'll take a while.

• Like 1

My heel wearing has certainly decreased. I pre-March i would put on my heels around 7:30 am and take them off around 9 pm.  WFH I just wear my Mules, and since I walk out in my garden a lot, I go bare foot. So I wear heels for only 2-3 hours a day.  My body needs 6 to 10 hours.

It's going to take 3-4 months after a vaccine is developed to distribute it and to stat to return to normal or the new normal.  Fall 2021 at the earliest.

13 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Am looking forward to returning to work in October.  AA did offer some early out options, but they weren't very appealing.  Decided to continue working until eligible for full SS.  Just learned I will be losing nearly 8000 of my fellow flight crew, so returning will be bitter sweet indeed...

Hate to say it, but airtravel not ever really coming back to where it was. US government gave billions to airlines early on with guidelines to not lay off until October.  October is near. Many have already announced massive layoffs at that time. I'm an engineer for a aircraft hydraulics manufacturer, we have been hammered by Boeing and Airbus cutbacks. Military is keeping us crawling along, but commercial airlines maybe see a decade of decline. Business travel accounts for the vast majority of sales and they won't return anywhere to where they were. I thought 15 yrs ago webinars would doom business travel, but now I'm sure of it. Companies have been using virtual meetings for months, costs are way down. Not going to go back.

Some companies have a culture of being productive as a virtual workforce, but others were forced into remote work so abruptly that the cost savings are showing to be less than the loss in productivity from in person collaboration and relationships.  For now, most are taking on that loss because the perception is that leaving the house is as risky as entering a war zone.  No business, including and beyond the airlines, can bleed forever, and at some point people are going to start poking their heads up to edge ahead.  

• Like 1

Yes, the world will adapt to the new normal, but I doubt very much that business travel - the lifeblood of the airlines - is going to go back to anything like what it used to be, at least not for quite while.  Even then flying is going to be a vastly different, and even more unpleasant experience, than it has been in the past.  The jackboot security and the steady erosion of in-flight pleasantries was bad enough, adding in a new layer of restrictions and even more diminished amenities is going to be a deal breaker. I have travelled a lot for work for many years but I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to fly anywhere at the moment - not because of any fear of catching Covid but because it all sounds so epically unpleasant. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Businesses, caught in a global recession and looking for ways to save money are bound to see a reduction in business travel as a great place to make cuts, especially when it has been proven that much of it is unnecessary given communications technology.

I wonder what possible business plans the airlines can come up with to counteract this?  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shyheels said:

I wonder what possible business plans the airlines can come up with to counteract this?  

The business plans will be simple. Lrss fights, less planes & less employees = survival.

• Like 1