hh_pe

I was caught

I was caught this morning by the secretary at my office.  On most Fridays, a good number of my peers work from home with the remaining staff starting around 8am.  I typically get in at 6am so I can enjoy my cup of coffee and sift through all the weeks emails in peace. Over the few years that I've been at this firm, I've become more relaxed in my persona.  We are a "progressive" company where most people are generally open and respectful of others peoples viewpoints and persuasions.   Because of this atmosphere I started wearing my heels during this quiet period.  I've always figured at some point I would get noticed, but I was also careful to change back to my male shoes when I heard someone enter the front door.  Don't need to draw unnecessary attention to myself as a manager if I don't need too. 

So this morning, I was playing music on my phone while I got the coffee pot brewing and didn't hear the front door open.  The kitchen is in the back of our office.  As I'm getting the filter and coffee grinds out, she clears her throat and says "Interesting footwear".  I "jumped" so much, more grinds went on the floor than in the filter.  After we both stopped laughing about what happened, I told her that I've always enjoyed wearing heels and explained my typical Friday routine.  For some reason I wasn't afraid she was going to report me or make a big deal about it.  I think it was due to all the conversations we've had ever since I started.  We're both about the same age and have some similar experiences.  As we cleaned up the mess I made, she started asking me some of the typical questions such as, why, what's the highest heel I have, style preferences, and how many heels do I own.  She confessed she is a heel lover too, but normally wears flats to work since she takes public transportation to the office.  She also explained the reason why she was in so early is her husband dropped her off on his way to a construction site near by.  We talked until the next employee came in.  Thankfully we were in my office at this point and you can not see my feet when I'm sitting at my desk.  As we wrapped up our conversation, she said she would wear a few of her heels for me to see and I told her I would do the same.

Caught-at-work.jpg

• Like 9

And the world did NOT come to an end. Great!

• Like 1

Try not to dwell too much on the idea of being "caught" which infers you were in the act of a crime or some immoral activity. Neither of those was the case! Glad to hear it turned out well. HinH

• Like 2

I'm glad the outcome was a positive one, good for you....I have worn my boots around some of my coworkers while on layovers, I'm sure they have noticed but most don't say anything....

• Like 1

Did you change shoes or stay in heels for the remainder??  Glad the experience was positive...  But expect she will tell others.  That generally has been my experience..  Have fun..  sf

Yeah I wouldn’t say you were “caught”.  Sounds like you were discovered.  And it seems like the door has been opened for more heel wearing in your office. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, p1ng74 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t say you were “caught”.  Sounds like you were discovered.  And it seems like the door has been opened for more heel wearing in your office. 

Yes, I like that term better also..."Caught" implies you were doing something wrong/illegal/immoral, which of course, you were not...

Edited by pebblesf
incomplete

On 9/20/2019 at 10:57 PM, hh_pe said:

As we wrapped up our conversation, she said she would wear a few of her heels for me to see and I told her I would do the same.

Wow!  What a positive outcome!

• Like 2

On 9/20/2019 at 7:57 PM, hh_pe said:

As we wrapped up our conversation, she said she would wear a few of her heels for me to see and I told her I would do the same.

I like that you have influenced her to wear her heels. I have had several women, heel lovers, tell me the same thing; if I can wear my heels to work, why can't they. And then they do.

• Like 1

Well, as the others said, seems like a positive and supportive outcome!  Let's see what happens next Friday! 

• Like 1

That was a great catch.

Seems to be a nice talk and maybe it's a start for more?

• Like 1

Doing enjoyable things and being supportive of one another in the process. Now that's a recipe we can all savour.  Well done hh_pe! HinH

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments.  After reading them, I realize using the word "Discovered" might have been a better for the title. 

With today (Monday) being the first full day with everyone in the office, I was a bit nervous and wondered how many people know by now.  I realize word will get out.  I'm curios on how long will it be before someone, other than the secretary, makes a comment, good or bad, about my heel wearing. If my coworkers were attempting to look today to see if I was wearing heels, they unfortunately were out of luck.  I had men's dress shoes on and spent the majority of my time at my desk reviewing a report.  I'm thinking about wearing my Aerosoles Accomplishments tomorrow, but I've worn these numerous times to the office.  I guess if a lady who is familiar with the shoes were to see the diamond tread and recognize the pattern, then she would know. 

ACCOMPLISHMENT - BROWN - aerosoles.JPG

• Like 1

hh_pe, let us know if she follows up on her vow to wear heels as well!

Yes indeed i'd like to hear a follow up to your being discovered  ( what a great word)     

On 9/23/2019 at 4:35 PM, hh_pe said:

Thanks for the comments.  After reading them, I realize using the word "Discovered" might have been a better for the title. 

With today (Monday) being the first full day with everyone in the office, I was a bit nervous and wondered how many people know by now.  I realize word will get out.  I'm curios on how long will it be before someone, other than the secretary, makes a comment, good or bad, about my heel wearing. If my coworkers were attempting to look today to see if I was wearing heels, they unfortunately were out of luck.  I had men's dress shoes on and spent the majority of my time at my desk reviewing a report.  I'm thinking about wearing my Aerosoles Accomplishments tomorrow, but I've worn these numerous times to the office.  I guess if a lady who is familiar with the shoes were to see the diamond tread and recognize the pattern, then she would know. 

Don't know how it is within your environment, but this is not a topic I would start talking about behind someone's back. I don't like office politics, and would never get involved in a discussion like this. So perhaps no one knows but her?

1 hour ago, hiddenheels said:

Don't know how it is within your environment, but this is not a topic I would start talking about behind someone's back. I don't like office politics, and would never get involved in a discussion like this. So perhaps no one knows but her?  

Perhaps, but not likely, I'm betting the word it out.  On the other hand, I'm trying to remember if the person who discovered him was his secretary.  If so, she may indeed to a trusted/loyal coworker who would never say a word...  Hopefully hh_pe will let us know

13 hours ago, pebblesf said:

Perhaps, but not likely, I'm betting the word it out.  On the other hand, I'm trying to remember if the person who discovered him was his secretary.  If so, she may indeed to a trusted/loyal coworker who would never say a word...  Hopefully hh_pe will let us know

This brings to mind a situation a couple of years back when I wore heels to an "extracirricular" activity (meaning we were at a bar) with my coworkers at the time. Only one coworker commented, and the boss made no comment at the time, or ever. I heard that people were talking about me the next Monday, but it seemed to be rather limited and never came to anything. Hopefully, this will be the case here.