Skirt and skinny Jean's dilemma

balletboot

When wearing skirts and womens skinny jeans or leggings where do you put your things. I'm use to having a coat in the colder months so I just use those pockets. 

But it's not cold enough for a coat right now and I'm debating if I really want to carry a purse, wristlet or some other type of handbag.

What do you guys do if you dont have pockets? 

• Like 1

Same as you in the cooler months with a jacket or coat.   Lot of times I give all my stuff to my GF to put in her purse whether I  am in guys clothes, leggings, or a skirt.  I do have a case for my phone that hold cash and credit cards. Only issue is the car keys but my car has a keypad on the door. I have kept some stuff in a small Lululemon bag just as we see everyone carrying one.  There are times I will have my backpack with my laptop in it and that carries everything  

• Like 1

Since I don't wear skirts and my legs aren't skinny enough for skinny jeans, I don't have that particular problem. But I do like short shorts and get mine in the women's department. I searched and found shorts that fit my wallet, cell, and "keys". I don't have real keys anymore. card keys at work and a small 1 inch by 1 inch transponder for the car. Also I have a small phone. If I have my laptop with me I might put my wallet in there.

I don't have any pieces completely without pockets, but when pocket space is slim I move stuff to the belt.  I have a loop/clip for keys, and holsters/belt bags can hold the phone.  Or just holding the phone in the hand isn't too bad either.  Bags are nice accessories though, and I look for just about any excuse to carry one.  

Edited by p1ng74
  • Like 1

I just take a handbag, hell, I am already wearing a skirt! Nothing too flashy unless its to dinner, then it's a Chanel or Hermes, but I try to travel light, small purse / wallet, enough to get away with like car keys or spare pair of tights. Pockets ruin the shape of a skirt and makes my tummy or hips look lumpy if overfilled, such as a phone being in a pocket. Ladies' pockets are extremely small in skirts and just for show... :) 

• Like 2

I carry a cross body bag when I wear leggings and skinny jeans. I have no problem at all with that and get some compliments on my Vera Bradley bags with my initials embroidered on the bag. The bags were gifts from my daughter, who said if your going to carry a bag dad, you have to do in style!

And I do carry a cross body bag when wearing men's pants and my heels, too. I also like carrying wristlet bag.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

• Like 1

Thanks for all your replys!

I ended up giving in and buying a small black wristlet to hold my things. 

Im out of town next week and I plan on getting some good heeling in so I will have to test out the skirt and wristlet and see how I like it!

• Like 1

Slightly off-topic, but not completely, I detest modern cars' key systems. I sure do miss having two, or maybe even just one, normal-sized keys that would fit in the pocket of even skinny jeans. Fob remotes are bulky, and sometimes they are physically attached to the ignition key, so you can't even choose to leave them in the desk drawer at home.

Otherwise, I carry a very thin wallet, just enough for a few cards and a little cash, and I still use an iphone 5S, which is very small by today's standards. I have not yet found the need to go to a handbag.

13 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Slightly off-topic, but not completely, I detest modern cars' key systems. I sure do miss having two, or maybe even just one, normal-sized keys that would fit in the pocket of even skinny jeans. Fob remotes are bulky, and sometimes they are physically attached to the ignition key, so you can't even choose to leave them in the desk drawer at home.

I don’t mind a remote but rental cars are the worst.  They sometimes crimp two remotes and keys all together (to avoid them getting separated I guess) along with a big plastic tag that contains all the inventory information on the car, and you have to carry the whole thing to operate the car.