Pumps inside boots

7 inch pain

I had a real high heel day today. Firstly, I spent the day away from my family as I drove 4 hours to see a friend. I was wearing my 4" ankle boots whilst driving and I coughed up the courage to do the "Gas Station Thing". I stepped out of the car and was immediately spotted by a woman filling her van up at the pump in front of me. She said nothing and looked away. I pumped my gas and then as I walked to the booth to pay, the two girls inside on duty saw me. I could see them staring out of the window. I went inside acting as normal as I could but I was shaking like a leaf when I was signing my name on the credit card transaction. One of the girls was stood at the end of the counter and I could see her checking out my heels. They said nothing but I could see smirks on their faces. I walked back to my car, jumped in and sped off. I was sweating with nerves but it felt great. I feel I will have to repeat this soon. Secondly, my wife went off to work the night shift tonight and I tried something very different once she was gone. I found I could squeeze my 6" pumps inside my mens cowboy boots. It was real tough getting them over but I did it. It effectively raised the heel height to 8"! (the toe base was slightly raised as well though so it was a bit of a cheat). Nevertheless, this was easily the most vertical my foot had ever been. I walked around the house like this until my ankles were shaking so much, one just buckled and gave way. It wasn't pretty but I could walk! Once I slid the boots off and just left the 6" pumps on, they seemed so much easier to walk in than ever before. Seems I might make my goal of sometime walking well in 7" heels afterall. I guess it was a bit like foot training. Practice, practice, practice eh? This idea of wearing high heels inside a largish pair of mens boots intruiged me though. This could be a way of heeling in public without too much attention. Has anyone else tried this? Seems like a real possibility to me. Although I would have to lower to 4" heels inside the boots to be able to walk even half normally. I looked hideous stumbling in my makeshift 8 inchers! Let me know your thoughts.

i once put a pair of 2.5in pumps of my mums inside a pair if mens boot, and walked round to the shop. Discreet heeling as you said, but it felt a bit clumsy and heavy, and i was sure someone was going to ask why i was walking strange. no where near the fun of the normal pair of heeled boots

I've worn a pair of 5" heeled boots inside of a pair of rubber work boots before. I was working on my own for a while so I didnt worry about others seeing anything odd. Very interesting feeling. I just wish they were not stilleto boots since they were not the most stable. Jim

(formerly known as "JimC")

My grandmother used to have overshoes, that looked high heeled boots, that she wore over her street shoes in the winter when it was snowing or raining. These overshoes looked like high heeled boots that she pulled on over her regular shoes. Some had fur looking stuff along the front and one pair had shoelaces that she tied ltogether to keep them on. When I was a small boy, and my feet were still small enough that I could wear her shoes, I used to put on a pair of her heels inside of these overshoes and walking around outside in the snow. What I remember most about wearing overshoes over heels is how my feet felt so much cooler when I took the overshoes off.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Hmmm! I was born in 1956....So, the time frame of the 50's you mentioned is about right since she never threw any clothing away. So, it would have been sometime in the 60's, I guess.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.