Poshmark

Lvemadomina

I was curious if anyone has purchased from this site. It's gently used shoes as well as other clothing from sellers. I've recently fell in love with the site due to lots of heels that are in my size but I'm not sure how logistically it works and how it's shipped. Still trying to do discreet shipping...

9 hours ago, Lvemadomina said:

I was curious if anyone has purchased from this site. It's gently used shoes as well as other clothing from sellers. I've recently fell in love with the site due to lots of heels that are in my size but I'm not sure how logistically it works and how it's shipped. Still trying to do discreet shipping...

I’ve used it quite a few times.

Shipping - most of the items I’ve purchased have come in a non-descript box. If the seller has the original box, they usually put that in another box. If they don’t have a box, they usually get a priority shipping box from USPS. That’s how all of the items are shipped, through the postal service.

Sizing - The way the sizing selection works is what I would consider wonky. I am a size 10 in women’s, which over time I’ve come to recognize as an EU 41. However, on Poshmark, they say US 10 is actually an EU 40. I’ve bought some shoes not paying attention to this and ended up with them being too small. Some examples of this include Aldo, who usually sizes their shoes primarily in EU sizes. So if someone goes to list shoes that are an EU 40, they still get flagged as a 10. As well, Hunter typically runs big. A US size 10 is really closer to a size 42, which is too big for a US10. For Hunter, if you want to find a shoe that fits, you have to select a size 9 when you search.

Overall I say it’s a good resource, but make sure to ask questions such as additional pictures and if there are any flaws or signs of wear.

I hope this helps and feel free to reach out with any additional questions.

• Like 1

I've also gotten quite a few pair from there, and might consider getting some other stuff from there, too. I've had nothing but good luck with sellers who are on Poshmark. One thing to keep in mind is that the seller doesn't get paid until you give feedback, so if you're happy with your purchase, don't dally to confirm your receipt of the item(s). As far as being discrete, I don't recall anything coming in other than a plain package, or a USPS logo'd mailing box. The return address will be that of whomever the seller is.

As an aside, I find the site much easier to navigate from the browser on my computer than from the app on my phone.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone! This is all good to read! I’m seeing like Louboutin’s and some designer heels on the not so ridiculously priced side as well! But also other really cute shoes. I appreciate the feedback

1 minute ago, Lvemadomina said:

Thank you everyone! This is all good to read! I’m seeing like Louboutin’s and some designer heels on the not so ridiculously priced side as well! But also other really cute shoes. I appreciate the feedback

I have never bought anything such as Louboutin off of Poshmark. The scary side to spending that much money is not knowing whether they are real or not. I do not know if they have any protections for a buyer who buys with the intent of getting a genuine designer name, but ends up with a pair of knock-offs.

I haven’t had any experience with the site called ‘TheRealReal,’ but they claim that they verify all of the products listed are genuine and not imitation. They also have good pricing as well on there.

-Jeff

• Like 1

I had another place I found during a trip with my step=daughter and her friends.  We were in the Los Angeles Hollywood area and as they were checking out various shops, I found a Wasteland Store on Melrose Blvd.  We have one of these stores in the San Francisco Haight Ashbury area.  The store on Melrose Blvd was incredible.  There were all the top name brands CL, YSL, Chanel ect. there.   The starting price for the used heels was  $104 for these top line brands.  I also came to find out there is a webpage listing 4 stores.  One in San Francisco, three other in the Los Angeles area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DProud2700 said:

I had another place I found during a trip with my step=daughter and her friends.  We were in the Los Angeles Hollywood area and as they were checking out various shops, I found a Wasteland Store on Melrose Blvd.  We have one of these stores in the San Francisco Haight Ashbury area.  The store on Melrose Blvd was incredible.  There were all the top name brands CL, YSL, Chanel ect. there.   The starting price for the used heels was  $104 for these top line brands.  I also came to find out there is a webpage listing 4 stores.  One in San Francisco, three other in the Los Angeles area.

The main thing I got from this is that you’re in the Bay Area?!

3 minutes ago, DProud2700 said:

I am from the Bay Area, but visited the Los Angeles area over the summer.  Google Wasteland and you find the webpage from there.

Will do. I am over in Newark/Fremont if you ever fancy a meetup

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have noticed lately that when I purchase boots and heels from Poshmark, I am now going with the real leather style of boots and heels.  I have also purchased from Poshmark some YSL pumps and sling backs.  I have had no problems with them, other than having to get them in a size 12.   Another page I have found is called The Real Real.

• Like 1