Your first pair of heels

What were your first ever pair of heels. For the guys 1970's platforms dont count.

my first pair were a pair of pleaser sandals with a 7.5'' heel and 4'' platform. that was 10 years ago

How i managed to walk in them at all let alone 5 miles is beyond me.

they were actually quiet comfortable

Capture.JPG

Somewhere around 1976 I stole a pair of heels from my first wife (then girlfriend) and started wearing them as my dress shoes. They were what was called a Shootie. Brown/cognac leather lace up shoes with a 3+ inch heel.  Wore them hundreds of times times over the years. I finally wore them out in about 1995. 

Back in 1996, I was shoe shopping for some summer sandals - gals flats - that's all I had ever worn.  I forgot which store I was in, but saw a pair of slip on thongs with a kitten heel about 2 inches high.  Intrigued by the look and style of the sandal, plus it was in my size, I tried it on and was hooked!  Prior to that day I had really never had the desire to wear high heels.  

When I put the sandals on, the look, the feel was amazing and I couldn't wait to get out in those wonderful shoes.  When I got home I showed them to my wife, she seemed confused but eventually came to accept the fact that her "weird" husband likes to wear high heels (since wearing gals flats was not enough).  

Run the clock ahead 20+ years, I am still proudly wearing high heels, flats too, and absolutely love it....  Plus it's fun!!!  

I actually still have those first pair of heels, although a bit worn...  Here's a pic...   Adios....   sf

IMG_8153.jpg

• Like 2

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

First worn - Wooden candies mules with a 3” heel similar to these  

BE0A98A2-4936-44FA-80A2-5A726D7440E2.thumb.jpeg.cf2d75dc9861c90dab57dc5c34d866aa.jpeg

First purchased - low highlights wedge pumps just like these but without the holographic detail  

839963CD-7702-41BD-8F0F-EA7FADEC84D3.thumb.jpeg.69c780dea24e4dcc5068cb5748709fbe.jpeg

• Like 2

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

My first was a pair of chocolate brown stiletto knee boots with five-inch heels. I had long fancied a pair of knee boots, but had never been interested in whether they had heels or not. But curiosity led me to try high heels. I found I liked the novelty, the glamorous danger of forbidden fruit and taboo breaking, and the excitement of breaking out if my button down self. 

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Those Giaro thigh high boots, got them off eBay around 2012(?) but also my second pair as well.

Why so?

I had my first pair for a year and a half maybe, just got them for more kinky purposes. But I got an another meaning and got rid of them. A half year or something like that I started to miss them, so I sniffed up one more pair at eBay again, from that moment on I got stuck with heel addiction.

20190413_230859-756x1008.thumb.jpg.b5da5fa934481011655a0d96df2fac14.jpg

My first pair was a pair of wooden sandals with a 5"/12cm block heel very similar to the Jessica Simpson 1970's-inspired sandals I have on here. I had bought them in 1978 at a Kresge store going out of business. These sandals are cumfy and do have a rather loud pavement signature. HinHIMG_4467.thumb.jpg.19bd582dd93f28b578c4184ab0420ec7.jpg

• Like 3

AZ, you had a pair of Candies mules???  Wow, always wanted a pair of those.....   You still have 'em??   sf

Happy, nice looking sandals.....   sf

Edited by SF

On 8/20/2019 at 6:53 AM, SF said:

AZ, you had a pair of Candies mules???  Wow, always wanted a pair of those.....   You still have 'em??   sf

Happy, nice looking sandals.....   sf

Howdy SF,

I didn’t own them, they were my mom’s. Sittin right in front of me as I watched Gilligan stumble in heels on the volcano sacrifice episode. I thought WTF (well the fifth grader version of WTF) and put them on to see just how difficult they would be and the rest is history. 

I doubt my mom still has them by if she does I may see if I can grab them when I am in AZ in September.   Just for sentimental value.

Besy,

Larry

• Like 1

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

Yeah....  Candies heels were cool.  I wish I had gotten a pair....   I had an English teacher in the 7th grade who wore Candies everyday.  I sat in the front of the class during that period!  

I remember that Gilligan's Island episode too!!!  Funny....  It got me thinking as well....   Take care....   sf

• Like 1

I too, wondered about the difficulty of wearing heels, and figured it couldn't be as hard as all that, especially given the fact that a 4" heel back in those days was considered insanely high. However, it was not my main motivator for wanting to wear heels. I did not actually buy myself any heels until much later, in 2012, and they were Söfft Avianos. 3 3/4" heel, 3/4" platform, chunky-ish heel. More like a clog, really, which is how I started wearing heels in public. I started with normal clogs, then went to clogs with a slightly elevated heel, like 2 1/2", then to the Aviano, which was really my first pair of shoes with a clearly defined, separate heel that could not be misinterpreted. I still have them, but never wear them anymore. If I'm going to wear something that low, I've a pair of Dansko clogs that are about the same height and are much better in every way. Here is somebody else's picture of somebody else's shoes, but they're the same thing that I've got.

Firstheels.png

While my first heels I tried on were around the age 6 or 7, my own heels that I bought were much later, around 2013 or 2014 - a pair of black stiletto heeled knee-high boots, made in faux suede.  I bought them off a local store's website on special and landed up picking them up myself from the delivery company.  They were a little small on me, and had chain-bling all over them, which I cut off immediately. Other than the chains, they were pretty classic looking. Heel was probably 3.5"-4" high.  I don't think I have any pictures of them unfortunately. They got tossed a few months later in a purge (wasn't much of a purge - I only had a single pair!). I do have a bunch of other pairs now, that are much nicer than those. But as you know, the first ones have a soft spot ;-) 

Edited by jeremy1986
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

While my first heels I tried on were around the age 6 or 7, my own heels that I bought were much later, around 2013 or 2014 - a pair of black stiletto heeled knee-high boots, made in faux suede.  I bought them off a local store's website on special and landed up picking them up myself from the delivery company.  They were a little small on me, and had chain-bling all over them, which I cut off immediately. Other than the chains, they were pretty classic looking. Heel was probably 3.5"-4" high.  I don't think I have any pictures of them unfortunately. They got tossed a few months later in a purge (wasn't much of a purge - I only had a single pair!). I do have a bunch of other pairs now, that are much nicer than those. But as you know, the first ones have a soft spot ;-) 

Oh, I know! The only reason why I keep my Söfft mules is because they were my first pair, and I'm probably overly sentimental about them. Plus, they don't really take up much room.

• Like 2

Probably around 10 or 11 years old I would occasionally slip on my Moms heels. But as she wore a very small size 5 1/2 US, I didn’t fit into those very long. In my mid teens I’m embarrassed to admit that I pilfered a pair of heels that belonged to a classmates mom that wore a much larger size. While heels were likely no more than 2.5 inches, I did enjoy them.  I think the first pair I purchased was from Thom McAn, a brown pump with a slightly thicker than stiletto heel back in maybe 1968 or 1969, the only heel they had in the store in size 10.

I wish I had all of the shoes I’ve bought through the 50 years since, though maybe having the money spent instead would be better!  I’ve always had storage issues so I rarely kept/keep what I buy very long. Typically donate those I part with to places like Salvation Army or churches, so people do get some bargains on nice, minimally worn heels in size 11 or 12.  Hopefully someone then gets good use out of them!

• Like 3

Hi...Great stories thanks. My first were a pair of 6 inch black strappy high heeled sandals from a shop in Soho. I wore them constantly at weekends and evenings. Soon to be alternated with a red pair and classic court shoes. My wish was to be able to go out shopping in them wearing either a trouser suit or a tight dress and fur coat.  The nearest I got in practice  was wearing ladies style cowboy boots with bootcut jeans. I had a couple of tan pairs ...similarto the jessica Simpson Alan style. The heels were at least 4 inches from memory. Thank you. 

• Like 1