Dangling

6 hours ago, JackieAL said:

Hello all. When dangling a high heel shoe, am I one of the few who still occasionally drops one from time to time by mistake? Sounds silly I know, but it just unexpectedly happens. 

It will stop with more experience ;-) 

5 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Its hard to dangle when you wear boots...:cheeky:

- and if it does you're wearing them wrong ;-) 

@Cali I dangle my 4 inch pumps the majority of the time, and my flats too. Most of the time my pumps  are the ones I drop, although I will loose a flat occasionally.  I just cannot figure out how to keep from loosing them. 

@bailey Thanks for sharing. I think my problem is although I want relief, I’m probably letting mine dangle way too far on my toes :( 

@JackieAL I can't help you here. I don't wear pumps because I can't find ones that fit my toe box. But from a physics stand point, you are most likely hanging them too far off and the moment created is too much for your toes to hold them.

• 2 weeks later...

My pumps fit fairly snugly and I only have a very few mules so dangling isn't something which happens much. I imagine the tendency to dangle happens more when around others sort of like dangling a smoke in social situations. I'm just guessing though. HinH

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chorlini said:

True. But it still does nothing for me. Different things for different people.

And that is a good thing, it would be boring if all folks would like the same!

As for me, i like it because it is kind of a signal that she is in a playful mode and may be open for more.  😉

• Like 1

❤️ my wife in heels (and without ...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 8:08 AM, KatieS said:

If your shoes fit correctly they should not be easy to dangle.

Haha, right! Those of us who actually walk in heels most likely do not spend a lot of time perfecting the art of dangling, among other reasons because it's dang near impossible without manual help, and that would take away much of the appeal, wouldn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

I ran across this rather humorous clip the other day, and I thought of this thread. I don't know that this comes from TikTok, but it sure is in the style of TikTok. There's something there for both the dangling enthusiasts and for the people who don't quite get it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CNHxPUVHL8s/?igshid=1ggj86d23vaml

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/2/2021 at 12:19 PM, mlroseplant said:

Haha, right! Those of us who actually walk in heels most likely do not spend a lot of time perfecting the art of dangling, among other reasons because it's dang near impossible without manual help, and that would take away much of the appeal, wouldn't it?

Using the tip of the other shoe to untighten the heel she wants to dangle is what my wife does if she is in danglemode ..... 😉

18 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Using the tip of the other shoe to untighten the heel she wants to dangle is what my wife does if she is in danglemode ..... 😉

Your earnestness is quite charming! My first reaction was, "Oh come on man, that TikTok was some funny shit." But then I got to thinking about it. And I'm like, "I'm going to try it. Right here, right now, at 5 o'clock in the morning." So I did. As I suspected, this method no worky-worky for me. My feet are shaped in such a way that my pumps have to be rather tight, probably too tight, or I walk right out of them. This is why I don't wear pumps too often. There is no way that the toe of the opposite shoe can gain enough purchase to pop the heel out, or even get it started, for that matter.

Furthermore, if dangling is largely flirtatious behavior, I'm trying to figure out who I would attract by dangling. The likely answer would seem to be no-one at all. In fact, it might have rather the opposite effect, I am guessing.

• Haha 1

Well,it may be that women have smaller feet than men regarding the width, that would make it easier to dangle. Who knows?

We have been part of the german high-heel-community for almost 2 decades, and we have attended many HH-meetings, even organized some ourselves. So we met and came to know lots of women and men wearing high heels. But thinking back i remember only women dangling their heels (especially in photoshoots), i guess i´ve never seen a guy dangling his heel. Funny, but i never thought about that issuse until it came up here. 🤔

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Isolathor said:

Well,it may be that women have smaller feet than men regarding the width, that would make it easier to dangle. Who knows?

We have been part of the german high-heel-community for almost 2 decades, and we have attended many HH-meetings, even organized some ourselves. So we met and came to know lots of women and men wearing high heels. But thinking back i remember only women dangling their heels (especially in photoshoots), i guess i´ve never seen a guy dangling his heel. Funny, but i never thought about that issuse until it came up here. 🤔

I am one of those lucky fellows who has U.S size 9 feet or EU 39-40, depending on who is making the shoe. I imagine that if I had been wearing hosiery of some sort, it might be possible to slip off a shoe without using my hands. I do not wear stocking or pantyhose, but I do have several pairs of trouser socks in several colors, as the situation dictates. For example, it doesn't look right to wear a traditional men's suit with no socks at all. And in fact, I did accidentally walk out of my pump on my way to church a few weeks ago, and right in front of one of the neighbors, too! Luckily, I have practiced standing on one foot quite a lot, so I was able to reach down and slip it back on quickly without looking like too much of an idiot.

As to your other point, yeah, I don't think you'll ever see a guy dangling for any other purpose than simple experimentation, just to sort of figure out how it's done. We're a small enough subset as it is, I doubt that there would be more than three women, and possibly three gay men on this earth who would be attracted by such a thing. I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but I think this is pretty much a women-only type of thing.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2021 at 12:31 PM, mlroseplant said:

I could be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time, but I think this is pretty much a women-only type of thing.

I checked my old photos from our shootings at meetings, and among hundreds of pictures of men in heels there is not a single one of a guy dangling. I suppose You are right.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2021 at 8:19 AM, HappyinHeels said:

Dangling is just another tool in the box women use to rope the men in. They keep doing what works because we keep watching. HinH

Works for me ... 😇

hhca413.thumb.jpg.db52b182ce49eb774b909e2730bf2eba.jpg

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2019 at 8:29 AM, JackieAL said:

Hello all. When dangling a high heel shoe, am I one of the few who still occasionally drops one from time to time by mistake? Sounds silly I know, but it just unexpectedly happens. 

That depends on the circumstances. If i dangle purposeful to get some attention i will make sure my shoe will not drop, because that looks clumsy. But i often dangle unconsciously, especially under a table or in a comfortable chair, and then some drops may happen.

• Like 1