The Pointed White Calf Boots of the Mid 1960

jetheelsfan

Did anyone get to try a pair of these fabulous looking boots with the 1 inch black plastic heel.  I was only 12 or 13 at the height of this fashion but the sound and sight of these white wonders caught me fantasizing what it mut be like to have a pair on my feet.  The zipper at the back was a unique look and I never got the chance to try that style as it seemed to be short lived.   

• Like 2

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

Jetheels.....   Was there supposed to be a pic as well?  If so, it did not make it....  I sort of remember the boots you are speaking of.  I never was a boot guy but that style did look cute.....   

Thanks for the memories.....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

I am slightly younger vintage, but I remember this style being quite popular in the 70s, but with squareish toes, and lace up fronts. Some may have had a zipper, but some did not. I was very young at the time (elementary school age), but I remember elementary school girls wearing these boots, either in white patent or black patent. One of the girls was my next door neighbor. She let me try them on a couple of times. I had completely forgotten about that. Perhaps my desire for girly things started much younger than I remember! She was a year older than me, and I suppose I was about 8 years old at the time, and she was 9. We never could get both boots laced up all the way on me before her mother would knock on the door and say, "What on earth are you guys doing in there?"   I distinctly remember trying this at least twice. The girl's family moved away the very next year. Haha, good memory! The other thing I suddenly remember about this girl is that she had remarkably long fingernails for a 9 year old, which would have been the style at the time, but usually for much older girls.

They were most likely popular with older girls as well, but I certainly don't remember it. Here is an image I found of the boots I remember.

Blackgogo.jpg

• Like 4

I vividly remember white go-go boots and a very pretty red haired girl in my seventh grade class who wore them often. I liked the girl and I admired her boots and wished I had a pair too. I was so off in my own bubble it didn’t occur to me, not at first anyway, that those boots were for girls only and nearly asked for a pair - but I found out in time and was deeply embarrassed that I had been fancying girls boots. Decades passed before I ever dared buy myself a pair of knee boots.

(and I never did buy myself a pair of go-go boots!)

Edited by Shyheels
  • Like 1

Sorry but have not found a suitable photo to accompany this post.  there were no laces, just the sooth lines of a pointed toe with the zipper only in the back.  these were not the Go-Go knee high boots wit 1 1/2 to 2 inch heels.  Those came later. these was around 1964 and 1965 and was a Parisian design.

Just a bit higher to to delight - low enough for healthy foot comfort and great beginning.

I remember that style pretty well, i was only young and like shyheels I knew a girl at school who used to wear them, luckily for me my mom had a pair, they were way too big for me so i used to pack my feet with several pairs of socks and secretly try them, I’d love to get hold of a pair today, I’ll have to search some vintage shops, the picture posted is the nearest  i could find although my moms didn’t have a zip, they were like a plastic stretchy leg with a shiny patent foot and you pulled them on

2E1A057A-C84F-41C0-88B1-EE7E8A12936E.jpeg

• Like 1

Boy o boy, I remember being fascinated by go go boots like these....My first fourth grade crush was over a girl who wore black go go boots, I remember our teacher had a  nice pair also....Never got much school work done in the fourth grade, I was lost in fascination and desire even back then....

On 8/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, maninboots said:

I remember that style pretty well, i was only young and like shyheels I knew a girl at school who used to wear them, luckily for me my mom had a pair, they were way too big for me so i used to pack my feet with several pairs of socks and secretly try them, I’d love to get hold of a pair today, I’ll have to search some vintage shops, the picture posted is the nearest  i could find although my moms didn’t have a zip, they were like a plastic stretchy leg with a shiny patent foot and you pulled them on

Just tried this on in phase 8 and although i don’t usually do dresses, i am quite tempted, thought it might go pretty well with the afore mentioned boots, just need to find a pair of them now 

31803E4B-3C50-4377-8ACA-0299828BD6FD.jpeg

On 8/16/2019 at 6:03 AM, maninboots said:

This was not the style of boot I was fascinated.  These were taller and formed to the leg.  The ones I remember were mid calf with a fit similar to a cowboy boot.   Similar to below but with a bit higher heel.

image.png.9bf9d501a5c734e97645372ebdbc7c87.png

Edited by jetheelsfan
Add photo
  • Like 1