More Outfits!

P08C

I wasn't sure if I should post this in a new thread versus my old thread, or in "share your best freestyle fashion pictures". Sorry if this infringes on any forum rules. I just wanted to share a few more pictures. 

I loved the nude Sam Edelman Hazel pumps so much I also bought them in red. I also picked up a pair of Michael Kors open toed booties that are super fun and really comfortable. I hope you enjopy the outfits. I realized most of the outfits I posted were pretty formal/dressy, like something you'd wear to the office. So with the Michael Kors booties I tried to dress them down a bit into a fun casual outfit. 

Thanks again, and my apologies if I posted in the wrong area. 

MK1 (postable).jpg

MK2 (postable).jpg

SE Red 1 (Postable).jpg

SE Red 2 (postable).jpg

You can post how you like - no real rules about opening a new thread or previous one. So you're good. 

The heels themselves- look great on you. Especially the pumps. (Personally not a big fan of open toe booties, but that's just my personal preference of course)

Kudos for the full frame pictures! 

Thanks, I need to come up with some outfits to dress down the pumps. Pumps are my favorite style for sure. The outfit I am wearing with the booties would probably work with the red pumps, but I need to find something different. 99% I'm a shirt untucked kinda guy, so the formal styles are me trying something new. 

You look nice....  I like the tucked in shirt look.  Are the pants gals pants??  Good length to “show off” the shoes....

And, I really like your collie dog. I has a collie once, beautiful animal, one of the best dogs I ever had...

Have fun with your heels and dog....   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Thanks for the support guys! All the clothing I wear, with the exception of the shoes, come from the men's department. You can actually find really great skinny jeans, with the look and feel of what you might find in the women's department, in a lot of men's sections. It's nice because they're actually cut for a male figure. The fit feels more...right...for lack of a better term. I've always found women's pants to feel just a little off, and women's tops don't work for me because I have kind of broad shoulders. 

A really good online retailer where you can find a very broad variety of clothing for each gender is asos.com I've also bought quite a bit of stuff from H & M and PacSun as well. 

I might try cuffing the jeans a little bit in the first picture to kind of reduce the bunching up around the ankle. It kinda looks a little more edgy I guess, but cuffing the jeans might take some of the edge off and look a little more clean. I don't know, we'll see. 

I've always wanted red pumps, but I'm not really into patent, or super bright colors. That's why these red pumps stood out to me. It's a very sharp color, but also muted enough to not look off the wall crazy. I'm not going for fabulous as much as I am going for natural. When I go out I don't want to be noticed. I don't want people to compliment me nor do I want them to say anything negative to me. I just want to be, to exist. I want to be left alone and seen as being just as mundane as every other pedestrian. Attention is not something I crave, I actually hate it. Being an introvert and being a man who wears high heels is such a perplexing combination to me. I wish I didn't have this desire, I wish I could just be content with my van's hi tops and a pair of cargo shorts, even though I like those things, it's only a fraction of who I am. I also like heels and I've gotta deal with that and find a way to balance the desire to go unnoticed with the desire to wear what I want. 

The tucked in shirt look is something I really like. I think it looks super clean and very professional. If I wore something like that to the office every day I'd probably pick up some shirt stays to help keep the shirt tucked in. As I move around the shirt slowly gets un-tucked. It would be nice to have something holding it down. I don't work in an office and I don't go to church very often so I'm going to start trying harder to find something a little bit more every-day-casual-wear-to-the grocery-store-type look. A look that's more true to who I am as an individual. I'm most definitely not that polished on a regular basis, nor do I have an interest in changing that. I think I can achieve this look. I just need to do a little more critical thinking and digging through my clothes. The top picture is definitely more "me". 

Edited by P08C

I share most of your points of view and feelings. No desire to be noticed,wearing heels for my own pleasure ...... 

So far, I think boots,Oxford with Cuban or block heels are the easiest to match male outfits. I would wish to wear pumps but that's too extreme for outing without getting the risk of troubles 

Pierre 

I also prefer fashionable male clothes combined with heels. However, I feel some kind of additional dressy characteristic fits better with the heels. Even if I wearing jeans and T-shirt together with pumps, I like the look of a blazer as well. It seems logical to add some class to the heels. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Although I dress as a male, I do not limit myself to male clothes.  

Same here.  I’ve got enough practice with different designers now, that I get the fit right.  If not, tailors are cheap. 

The upside is no other man has the same clothes as me.  Makes a unique experience.

• Like 1

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

2 hours ago, Cali said:

Although I dress as a male, I do not limit myself to male clothes.  

To each their own. I've seen your pictures. You look good! Everyone has their own unique style, and nobody should feel limited to anything that doesn't bring them joy. 

On 8/1/2019 at 2:35 AM, P08C said:

I loved the nude Sam Edelman Hazel pumps so much I also bought them in red. I also picked up a pair of Michael Kors open toed booties that are super fun and really comfortable. I hope you enjopy the outfits. I realized most of the outfits I posted were pretty formal/dressy, like something you'd wear to the office. So with the Michael Kors booties I tried to dress them down a bit into a fun casual outfit.

I don't really think any of the outfits that you have posted so far are formal or dressy, but they do look put together, and I think that's the most important thing. It looks like you meant to wear heels with the outfit, rather than looking like you slipped into the wrong shoes by mistake at the door. I feel like you have to make some sort of effort to look halfway put together if you're going to wear heels, and not look completely ridiculous. If I've been doing a project, either house or car, and I need to run somewhere real quick, I won't wear heels to go do it. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

I feel like you have to make some sort of effort to look halfway put together if you're going to wear heels, and not look completely ridiculous.

I switched to women's shoes about a decade ago. I made the switch because men's shoes were a major source of significant ankle issues. Back then I was only wearing 1.5 inch to 2.5 inch heels, but I was concern about people finding out I had women's shoes on, so I would make sure very little showed. I had a male tell me "... you wear some fly shoes" and a woman behind me on the stairs tell me she loved my shoes.

Now I wear 4 plus inch heels, so I don't try to hide them. Rather I want to enjoy and celebrate them. I know that I will have higher heels than at least 95% of the women and I don't want to "look completely ridiculous" so I put a lot more effort in what I wear. Most days I find myself spending time thinking about what I am going to wear with a particular pair of heels or boots, or finding the color of heels that will compliment the top/bottom I want to wear.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 2

On 8/1/2019 at 3:16 PM, Pierre1961 said:

I share most of your points of view and feelings. No desire to be noticed,wearing heels for my own pleasure ...... 

So far, I think boots,Oxford with Cuban or block heels are the easiest to match male outfits. I would wish to wear pumps but that's too extreme for outing without getting the risk of troubles 

Pierre 

You’ll be surprised mate, i wear stilettos with only male fashion, find it works pretty well 

Whaoo! Congratulations! 

That's not because I don't  like the look. The opposite. I love it! I use to wear stilettos at home without modifying any of my male outfits. 

Just i am not bold enough for wearing such shoes publicly 

my 14 cms ( size 43) Oxford block heels are already visible enough for me  

I admire you 

pierre 

I've found during my outings that no matter what type of heel i wear, or how hidden or exposed they are I still feel just as nervous. So, i just try to find an outfit that i really think I look good in and go with that.

As far as clothes that come from the men's department vs clothes that come from the women's department. I find clothes that are made for male bodies tend be a lot more comfortable. If you look in the right places you can definitely find a lot of men's clothes that look more like something a female would typically wear. Especially with jeans. I used to wear women's jeans on a regular basis. I really loved the flare jeans that were popular in the early 2000s/late 90s, and they were all I would wear. These days I really dig the skinny jeans and super skinny jeans are really easy to find in the men's department. A lot of online retailers also have free returns, so you can buy multiple sizes until you find something that fits. You can also find lots of fitted tops as well, from t-shirts to button ups, they're all there with all the fun prints and styles that women enjoy too. I think stilettos and skirts are still a long way off from being able to be found in the men's department, so I still have to buy those types of things from the women's section. Not too big of a deal though if you know your size, and skirts would probably fit the same regardless of gender, just due to the nature of what a skirt is. 

A nice pair of skinny chinos cut right at the ankle with a smart pair of pumps and a cool looking t-shirt or button up is such a great look on both a man or a woman. 

Everything is right. I just don't personally feel like going to wearing skirts. 

I love flare jeans. I buy them in the women section. Also slim fit jeans. Honestly said both draw people attention the same when they are worn with high heels. 

Pierre

13 minutes ago, Pierre1961 said:

Everything is right. I just don't personally feel like going to wearing skirts. 

I love flare jeans. I buy them in the women section. Also slim fit jeans. Honestly said both draw people attention the same when they are worn with high heels. 

Pierre

I definitely don't have the confidence for public skirt wearing. Maybe it's because I don't shave my legs. I tried shaving several times, but it's just too much work and it actually puts my legs in a great deal of pain. I think it's because I have really thick leg hair. Regardless, skirts are fun but not an every day type of thing for me. 

I really don't wear flare jeans anymore, skinny jeans are kinda my thing right now. Like I said, skinny pants of any type cut right at the ankle with a nice pair of leather pumps just looks really really nice to me. 

Edited by P08C

I buy items based on their function. Women's shorts because men's are just tooooooo long.  Men's long pants because I need pockets. In October I'll be looking for pants that will fit inside my knee high boots this winter. 

40 minutes ago, P08C said:

I tried shaving several times, but it's just too much work and it actually puts my legs in a great deal of pain.

Haven't you heard the expression “Beauty Is Pain” ?

Avoid the stubble and get them waxed.  LOL. It only really hurts the first 2-3 times.

7 minutes ago, Cali said:

I buy items based on their function. Women's shorts because men's are just tooooooo long.  Men's long pants because I need pockets. In October I'll be looking for pants that will fit inside my knee high boots this winter. 

Haven't you heard the expression “Beauty Is Pain” ?

Avoid the stubble and get them waxed.  LOL. It only really hurts the first 2-3 times.

Men's shorts have been getting much shorter over the last several years, still no competition for women's shorts, but the thighs are finally starting to get some sunlight! haha

The problem is when I shave I get these nasty red bumps that don't go away. If I shave again the bumps bleed all over the place. I've tried different lotions, soaps, shaving creams, etc. Nothing really works. I've also used veet and nair. Those work pretty well, but I don't think using those chemicals on a regular basis is very healthy, so I avoid that. I could get a wax, but the money i'd spend on that could go towards getting more shoes!!! 

On 8/1/2019 at 4:12 AM, P08C said:

Thanks, I need to come up with some outfits to dress down the pumps. Pumps are my favorite style for sure. The outfit I am wearing with the booties would probably work with the red pumps, but I need to find something different. 99% I'm a shirt untucked kinda guy, so the formal styles are me trying something new. 

Experimenting with different sorts and styles of outfits if How we expand our horizons when it comes to fashion, and, it’s a whole lot of fun! Keep on keeping on!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I agree P08C, that top outfit "just works".  You have a long lean body that looks great in skinny jeans and heels, and the rugged logger type shirt adds a contrast to the outfit that says you are a confident masculine guy that is not afraid to enjoy wearing heels!  I also agree about wearing women's jeans, I have only tried a few pairs, but I didn't like the way they conformed to my butt and hips. But, I've got more of a "dad bod", so perhaps that is why I can not pull off women's jeans. 

In any event, you look great, keep wearing what makes you feel good and enjoy it.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, P08C said:

SE Red 2 (postable).jpg

Don't you just love how a pointed toe pump works with stretch pants !! This is a good look on you!

The trick is to show some ankle - you're perfectly ok here - but a little more ankle would be ideal 2-3'' (in my opinion) so a tight cuffing would work or a deliberately slightly shorter leg.

Typically over the years I have found that pants with high heels are best either almost to the ground - in which case you need to stick to the heel height they were tailored for on you - or let your pants end above your ankle - that way as your heels change etc - or you change your shoes your pants are still wearable. This I discovered wearing heels all the time and wearing pants and pant suits for many years.

(To avoid being stuck in one heel height and/or style I generally wear skirts now because its easier to coordinate a wardrobe)

• Like 1