Red OTK boots

AlexC94

Finally got my red boots at last. I even wore them out in public for 2 hours.

I would post a bigger photo of how long they really are if the 500mb rule wasn't implemented.

20190731_161815.jpg

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, AlexC94 said:

I would post a bigger photo of how long they really are if the 500mb rule wasn't implemented.

I agree on that rule. With that limitation I have posted less these days 

26 minutes ago, CAT said:

Tried photographing the wholeof just one boot and it's still over 500mb.

Trying a loophole with Twitter for the full photo.

1 hour ago, crotchhiguy said:

Nice boots!!!! Eagerly awaiting for more pictures of them in their full length to be posted.

Here's one!

I honestly can't understand the troubles people are having posting at under 500kb. I shoot with a full frame pro-DSLR with a 30+ megapixel sensor and the (high quality) images I post to my blog or on Instagram are usually about 300-350kb, and never more than 400kb. It's really not hard to render images under 500kb    

Edited by Shyheels

1 hour ago, AlexC94 said:

Finally got my red boots at last. I even wore them out in public for 2 hours.

20190731_161815.jpg

Those boots are amazing!  Love the pointed toes, great heels, and the color!  Perfect with the jeans, I am so envious.....Don

• Thanks 1

I take a picture with an iPhone try to upload it.  Crop it down try to upload it.  Crop it down try to upload it. Crop it down try to upload it.  Forget it it’s not worth my time 

• Like 1

Tried a simple hang up boots by trouser clips photo and it was still over 500kb. Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Edited by AlexC94
Unwanted input

Since your using an i-phone, try to mail it to yourself and use the sizing in the mail program to resize it.

Most of my pictures start in to 8,000+ kb and it bring down to under 100 kb by a combination of cropping with Windows Photo Gallery  and resizing in Paint through the WPG program.

Yes, Lightroom costs money, but it’s excellent. Even so I am thinking of going over to Capture One because I’m not keen on Adobes subscription business model. With Capture One you can just buy the software outright. 

3 hours ago, Cali said:

Since your using an i-phone, try to mail it to yourself and use the sizing in the mail program to resize it.

Most of my pictures start in to 8,000+ kb and it bring down to under 100 kb by a combination of cropping with Windows Photo Gallery  and resizing in Paint through the WPG program.

Yep, mail it to yourself, it will offer size reduction, works well and maintains suitable definition. Not sure why smart phones don't simply allow reduction without mailing? Should be a simple option on the crop set up, or maybe I'm not smart enough for my smartphone. 

I'm on android.

18 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Yep, mail it to yourself, it will offer size reduction, works well and maintains suitable definition. Not sure why smart phones don't simply allow reduction without mailing? Should be a simple option on the crop set up, or maybe I'm not smart enough for my smartphone. 

I'm on android.

5 hours ago, AlexC94 said:

Got lightroom for free but it wouldn't export to 800x450.

>_>

Somethings wrong then, because I’ve been using it for many years, since it first came out, and it will certainly export to that size. Again, the files from my camera can be huge - up to 180MB in a TIFF file - and I’ve no trouble at all exporting jpegs of under 400kb.

10 hours ago, CAT said:

I take a picture with an iPhone try to upload it.  Crop it down try to upload it.  Crop it down try to upload it. Crop it down try to upload it.  Forget it it’s not worth my time 

Cat, I use an app called ‘Image Size’ and it works great!

Hey, lets get back to talking about boots ;-)

Great ones @AlexC94 - enjoy! Hope you can work out more pics!

(and yes - I find it easy to resize/render images to a good size, but certainly understand that those working solely off phones, or some who are less techie will have trouble - it IS quite annoying to have to do this... but I guess that's what we get from a freebie forum (that we are all happy to be a part of!)

Computers are going to kill us all...  I find most technology very confusing, fruststating and a waste of time...  I’d rather mow the lawn or take a nice walk (in heels of course) on a beautiful summer eve...  And then there’s the hackers and identity theft....

I know, I am a dinosaur.....

Have fun....

sf

• Like 1

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

On 8/1/2019 at 6:31 AM, SF said:

Computers are going to kill us all...  I find most technology very confusing, fruststating and a waste of time...  I’d rather mow the lawn or take a nice walk (in heels of course) on a beautiful summer eve...  And then there’s the hackers and identity theft....

I know, I am a dinosaur.....

Have fun....

sf

I sort of feel that way, but am more or less constantly being dragged into learning how to do more and more stuff electronically.

I always swore I’d never involve myself with social media, but with the photography business the way it is these days I relented and got an Instagram account - I must have been one of the last photographers on earth not to have one. I dislike it though, and think I will probably delete my account. 

Back to the topic though - nice boots!

Edited by Shyheels

On 7/31/2019 at 12:12 PM, CAT said:

If more people were helping Tech out with site costs we might not have that limitation. (He won’t ask, but I will)

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")