Hard to find shoe types or styles

heelguypa

Do you like some kind of shoe or style or combination that you cannot find or that have very very few choices?

Maybe we can help each other out with options or links

For instance, mine would be:

- Round or almond toe pumps or boots with no platform and at least 4” stiletto heel, there are more choices with chunky heels but still not many

- Closed toe wedges with no platform and a heel at least 4”, I cannot find almost any of these, maybe some with an open toe but again very few choices or with a 2”, 2.5” heel have lots of choices

- Mary Janes with a thin 4” stiletto also no platform, most Mary Janes are under 3.5” and most also have a thicker stiletto.

I have some more but these are my most “desired”, if you could call it that, that I cannot find.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time finding thong type sandals with a decent heel on them (4" or higher) that are not meant to be fetish shoes. Here is an example of something that I would buy if I could find it, and believe me, I've tried.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 5.04.52 AM.png

mlrose....  I also love the thong styles..  Very pretty (can a guy wear pretty shoes?) sandal...  Most of my heels are the thong style.  Good luck on your search.  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

20 hours ago, SF said:

mlrose....  I also love the thong styles..  Very pretty (can a guy wear pretty shoes?) sandal...  Most of my heels are the thong style.  Good luck on your search.  sf

I suppose a guy can wear "pretty" shoes, as well as "cute" shoes, but there are some places I still won't go. Anything adorned with flowers, for example.

I guy certainly can wear "cute" or Pretty" shoes. Like @mlroseplant, I don't  have flowers and other adornments of my heels but women continuously  tell me "those are cute". Like yesterday, a woman told me my FB-Canti were cute and another woman with her said they were the type of heels she liked and wanted to try them on. However, she was a size 6 and I'm a size 10.

It's been my experience that most women universally say things like "those are cute" or "I love your shoes" or whatever other thing they are admiring because they simply see the world a little differently. It's like they search for the beauty in anything. They may not see it all the time but they search for it. It's just who they are. I obviously am drawn to this trait since I've been married for 34 years....and still enjoy it :fine: HappyinHeels

Ha ha.....  Well from my perspective, all of my heels (and flats) are “cute,” guy cute that is......

Yes I have had gals tell me that my shoes are “cute.”  Once I was told that my sandals were beautiful.  Loved it..

Take care.....sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 weeks later...

I've not tried it because it's a bit pricey (for me) but there's fsjshoes which claims they can make any shoes you want in your size if you have enough pictures for them to use as a baseline. I think it's a Chinese company. I've been on the fence about trying them. There's a pair of Jessica Simpson heels I want replicated(which in turn were Louboutin replicas) but haven't seen any feedback about the company or it's services to make the investment. 

heelguypa,

Trying to answer your question I must ask how often you have checked sites like eBay? There is a wealth of shoes on there in all sorts of styles. I have only two pairs of closed to wedges mostly for those times of year when it is okay to wear wedges but still quite cool on the ground or I just don't feel like showing my toes. That would be one possible solution for you. HinH

• Like 1

@HappyinHeelsI check for time to time ebay, Amazon etc.. Very few if any. Closed wedges are plentiful but most have a platform I want them without one. Even open ones without platforms are few and far between and even harder to find with a higher heel. However open toes are no my favorite I prefer closed toe.

I've looked at fsj but prices climb rapidly with custom shoes, as far I have seen in their custom shoes page. 

Then you have to decide is it instant gratification you seek or is steady persistence the path you want to take? The first requires you to invest the money now to get what you want. The second requires you to just keep looking until you locate what you want. Sometimes shoes have a small (3/4"/2cm) or less platform. Would this be a problem if the heel were say 4"/10cm or higher? I think if you factor in some flexibility it greatly increases your chances of satisfaction. This is true not only of shoe searches but of merchandise searches in general. HinH

I have the same problem: I want some pair, with a praticular style, impossible to find!

The first one is a pair of basic cour shoes with rounde toe,littel platforme (0.5 / 1 cm) and a very square block heel.... Impossible to find, crazy!

Many years of search.... No way....

:'(

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 6:45 PM, heelguypa said:

Maybe we can help each other out with options or

- Closed toe wedges with no platform and a heel at least 4”, I cannot find almost any of these, maybe some with an open toe but again very few choices or with a 2”, 2.5” heel have lots of choices

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F254194773011

Round or almond toe pumps or boots with no platform and at least 4” stiletto heel.

-  Jessica Simpson has a style called Calie.  Link-  https://www.zappos.com/jessica-simpson-calie

Closed toe wedges with no platform and a heel at least 4”.

-  Nine West has a style called Totheflo.  Link-  https://www.amazon.com/Nine-West-Womens-Totheflo-Wedge/dp/B008AQXNV4

I find it hard to find a pair of slingbacks without a platform or ones that are not so clunky looking in the front. I have been looking for a while.  I want sllek and dainty and I only find big and clunky

On 9/13/2019 at 9:56 AM, vector said:

Closed toe wedges with no platform and a heel at least 4”.

-  Nine West has a style called Totheflo.  Link-  https://www.amazon.com/Nine-West-Womens-Totheflo-Wedge/dp/B008AQXNV4

These look great. Much more formal look than the usual wedge look - due to the slender heel 

• Like 1