Shoe stretchers

Jura

Hi guys, I'm after buying some shoe stretchers and would like some help. 

Like many of you I'm sure, I've bought a few pairs of heels over the years that, with hindsight, were just a bit too small to wear comfortably. You know how it is, you fall in love with the style and convince yourself that even though they're only available in a size smaller than you usually take they'll 'bed in', and then they just don't and you hate yourself for spending the money? We've all been there. 

So ive been looking into getting a decent set of stretchers to help bail me out of my sometimes impulsive shopping, and here's where I hit a problem. Obviously I need stretchers that are suitable for high heeled shoes and boots, but all the ones I've seen only cater for a shoe size up to about 42EU, and I take a 45. There are stretchers for flat (men's)  shoes in that size, but nothing aimed at larger heels that I can find. 

Does anyone have any pointers on this? Amazon or eBay are my usual go-to's, but I'm coming up dry... 

I have the high heel stretcher below. Use it a lot because I have a large toe box. Also have KT Tapes "blister" tape that helps to provide a cushion.

ShoestrechersH.JPG

Here’s two I found. I would stay away from plastic. And get them with moveable “corn” or “bunion” buttons.

Up to size 11

https://www.amazon.com/XYH-Stretcher-Stretchers-Adjustable-Womens/dp/B07ML2R8RN/ref=asc_df_B07ML2R8RN/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=309993941965&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15984763025844460705&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032132&hvtargid=pla-616419225307&psc=1

3" - 6"

https://www.footfitter.com/footfitter-premium-3-6-inch-high-heel-shoe-stretcher

Edited by Cali

I own the exact model of high heel shoe stretcher shown in Cali's second link (the FootFitter). It works pretty well, it seems like a quality item. In fact, I bought my shoe buddy one in a smaller size for her size 5.5 shoes, and she loves it too. The only problem I can see is that is it only goes up to size 11, and that's U.S. women's 11. Your (Jura's) feet are EU 45, which are what, like a 14 or 15 equivalent? Being as the thing only stretches stuff width-wise, it might work ok, but I couldn't guarantee it. They do expand out quite a way, far enough to ruin your shoes if you keep on cranking. I don't think that would be an issue, even on size 45. I just don't know if it would be the right shape to stretch exactly what you need it to stretch. If you have a few extra quid to throw at it, it might be worth a shot.

Oh, and one more thought, they do sell them singly. I noticed a number of complaints in the comments section about it not being a set of two. I never bothered to get a second one, because I guess I'm not in that big of a hurry. I can stretch them one at a time. There's no left and right.

• 2 weeks later...

Getting my Victoria Secret stiletto wedges ready to wear for Wedge Wednesday. Toe straps like these are tight on my feet, but with the stretchers and KT Blister tape I can wear these all day.

stretcherH.JPG