UK heel stores

hiddenheels

Will be visiting the UK, specifically Edinburgh, attending the fringe festival. Would like to wear some heels while there, but won't have a chance to take my own, so would like to buy/order some heels while there. Any recommendations for some relatively good quality but cheaper heeled boots? First time to the UK, so am not familiar with stores... If my conversions are correct, UK8 should be good, but UK9 would be better. I won't have a fixed address, but read some stores ship to drop-boxes (or whatever they're called). 

Any tips? Thanks.

I was in Edinburgh last month. Lots of cobblestones, so heeling is hard if you go to the historic sites. I wore heels every night (booties) to dinner and to and from the airport. Saw several shoe stores along the main street by the downtown train station, but didn't venture into any.

If you're lucky enough to fit an 8/9 UK ladies size then you can shop pretty much anywhere for heels over here (you jammy bugger!). If price is important then try Primark, New Look, or TK Max. Higher end in Edinburgh then Long Tall Sally are worth a look, though their heels don't go that high. 

As Cat said (and why didn't you say you were coming over Cat, could've shown you the sights!) Edinburgh is not very heel friendly, lots of cobbles and uneven pavements, and a even more hills, but take your time, maybe avoid stilettos and wear blocks, and you'll be fine. Edinburgh is a fairly liberal city, you'll get the occasional funny look, but no hostility unless you head for the drinking clubs. Hope you enjoy your visit ;) 

48 minutes ago, Jura said:

If you're lucky enough to fit an 8/9 UK ladies size then you can shop pretty much anywhere for heels over here (you jammy bugger!).

I prefer to use the word Blessed

US size 10 - UK size 8

51 minutes ago, Jura said:

why didn't you say you were coming over

I had no real plans. Thought about Paris but with the D-day, Women's World Cup and the French Open I decided Paris was too busy. I only decided on Thursday night to go to Edinburgh. Went into London on Friday, and flew up from Gatwick on Saturday. Stayed at the Grosvenor but ate diner at the surrounding pubs and I wore heels to diner!  Did a lot of the tourist things and the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus. Flew back to Gatwick that Tuesday. 

Next time I travel to Edinburgh I'll take you up on your offer Jura.

Cali,

Glad you had a good trip to Great Britain. I watched plenty of the WWC and enjoyed the US winning the Cup again. But an especially loud roar went up when Rose Lavelle scored the second goal for the USA in classic fashion. She attended the University of Wisconsin!! I thought for a moment I was at a Packers game. We cheered for our team and roared for one of our very own. Good contest. Nice host country. Netherlands fans are just cool people. HinH

Yeah I’ve bought many pairs of boots from new look, not a bad combination of cost and quality, next is always worth a look as is river island, most stores have sales on here at the moment and it’s usually the larger sizes that’s still available so should be able to bag a few bargains, enjoy your trip 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 5:44 AM, Cali said:

I prefer to use the word Blessed

US size 10 - UK size 8

I had no real plans. Thought about Paris but with the D-day, Women's World Cup and the French Open I decided Paris was too busy. I only decided on Thursday night to go to Edinburgh. Went into London on Friday, and flew up from Gatwick on Saturday. Stayed at the Grosvenor but ate diner at the surrounding pubs and I wore heels to diner!  Did a lot of the tourist things and the Hop-On-Hop-Off bus. Flew back to Gatwick that Tuesday. 

Next time I travel to Edinburgh I'll take you up on your offer Jura.

Lol, blessed it is then! 

Im not Edinburgh based btw, I get around most of the UK and Europe on a fairly regular basis though...