Happy 4th to my fellow Americans

Happy 4th everyone. Too bad for the British but the Empire was doomed from the start as they all are.

Deep thought.

The "American" empire is on its final legs now. Difference, most American's are unaware we are an empire.  The dinifition if which is any foriegn power with military bases in other sovereign nations is by definition an empire.

Personally I am fine with it. Time for the U.S. to take a step back.

Edited by Jkrenzer

I bid all others a Happy 4th of July as well. Fireworks will be launched on the 3rd of July in both Milwaukee and Chicago as is the tradition around here. As a veteran who lived to see them I think about those veterans who died and cannot enjoy fireworks so to them I toast and salute. As for the American Empire on the decline history has shown all empires ascend, plateau, and then decline. As one who was in the military service and as one who retired from a career in immigration I offer one solid observation. That is, despite other nations' statements in public or what they may do behind closed doors, I bore witness to every conceivable nationality trying to come to the United States for a multitude of reasons. Every year, every state, every city large and small would see new people from different countries. For all the concerns many may have about U.S. this or that the throngs keep coming. Maybe it's the system here or the lure of living in a seemingly mythological place but they keep coming. I go back in my own life to when one woman met another. I was about to leave the Navy and my Mexican wife flew from Spain to the United States. I told her another lady would see her arrive. I had mentioned something to the airline Captain back when you could still talk to them in flight. He came in low enough to catch the view and there she was. The date was 20 Dec 1985 and the lady watching our arrival was the Statue of Liberty in New York City. Moments later my wife was admitted to the United States. Years later she would ask what some sample citizenship questions would be like. I went through some likely ones but suggested a practical exercise as well. I took her to witness an "honor flight" when the community turns out to welcome home veterans from World War II as they returned on a charter flight from seeing their memorial in Washington, DC. Seeing ordinary people shake hands of battle-hardened souls with tears in their eyes did the trick. She told me to make a naturalization appointment and two months later I watched her take the oath of citizenship along with 150 others. They keep coming and more will take that oath. I think about Our Constitution and how many nations emulate it and our institutions that defend it. I think of a man from Alabama who would not carry a gun in WW II yet was credited with saving 75 lives or the three young men from Sacramento, CA who found themselves on a train to Paris and foiled a terrorist and France thanked them with their highest honor for a foreigner. I think about the land of the free and give thanks for the home of the brave. These are the kind of things I think about on the 4th of July.  HappyinHeels

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy 4th of July from a proud, very proud, American -  who proudly wears high heels!!!!   sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"