Jump to content

Jkrenzer

Heels and shorts

Recommended Posts

We are all outcasts in one way or another.....   A guy wearing high heels???  ha ha ha.....

But I could care less, because I really enjoy wearing heels and gals shoes....  And most other folks (guys AND gals) seem to feel the same way....  Enjoy.....    sf (the outcast) he he.....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, P08C said:

nobody should feel like an outcast, so i'll rephrase what i said...

 

Have any of you ever heard of Paul Duane? He's this really cool guy from Salt Lake City that wears heels with shorts on a regular basis.  He makes the look seem so effortless and clean. I love his style. 

 

How's that? :)

I guess that style works for him, but I don't think it could work for me. Where would I ever wear such a thing? I'm glad he's out there doing his thing, but it's not for me.

21 hours ago, Jkrenzer said:

I've seen him, got style and openly wears heels. He's a low budget film maker or producer. Lot's of images on google.

There are evidently two Paul Duanes. One is a filmmaker, one is a political blogger. Only one of them, by my reckoning, wears high heels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 3:21 PM, kneehighs said:

Do you have a photo example?  Closest example I could find was with pants

 

c6391a011e34e1a6e1dc2e6e630fcfca.jpg

Nope. I dont even have a white short shorts. But the your attached photo is the closest one, just change the pants to shorts that would look amazing.

Anyway, here some of the examples i find but in denim shorts or black one and still look so great.

elegant-black-blazer-and-white-tee-and-denim-shorts.jpg

images.jpg

Fashion-Jackson-Nordstrom-Black-Blazer-Topshop-Denim-Cutoff-Shorts-Outfit-Christian-Louboutin-Black-Pumps-Celine-Trotteur-White-Handbag-Black-Lace-Cami-2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2019 at 8:21 AM, kneehighs said:

Do you have a photo example?  Closest example I could find was with pants

 

c6391a011e34e1a6e1dc2e6e630fcfca.jpg

Inspired by this photo, I put this exact outfit together. I had on Jessica Simpson pumps, white pants, stripped shirt and blazer. I went shopping for a new TV. In 45 minutes of discussing OLED, QLED, 4K, 8K, etc,, etc., there was certainly no mention of my attire, although it would have been impossible to miss. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, fashionablefun said:

Inspired by this photo, I put this exact outfit together. I had on Jessica Simpson pumps, white pants, stripped shirt and blazer. I went shopping for a new TV. In 45 minutes of discussing OLED, QLED, 4K, 8K, etc,, etc., there was certainly no mention of my attire, although it would have been impossible to miss. 

Wow!  Great to hear you found such value in that pic.  It's a photo of Nicole Warne.  Check your PM’s for my private Pinterest Board.  Might be other pictures on there you find valuable.

Edited by kneehighs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy to see that my favorite modern classical pianist also likes the heels with shorts look. This is the latest promotional photo on her Facebook page.

Yujashorts.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will try these newly purchased boots with shorts next time. Screenshot_20190815_112413_com.android.gallery3d_resize_84.thumb.jpg.f3d7f5bf88c87ae8d8c5ae43454df4d5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got off the course after 18 holes. Was about 92 deg, veey hot.  Anyway went to ruby Tuesdays afterward with my 5.25 ankle boots. Love showing off great heels even if my aging legs are getting long in tbe tooth.

20190816_180036_resized_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The time is drawing near when we must put away our shorts, as least in this hemisphere. Unless you're THIS woman, of course. It'd be kind of handy to be able to wear summer clothes in the winter.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope to wear my shorts and heels for another month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 5:11 AM, mlroseplant said:

The time is drawing near when we must put away our shorts, as least in this hemisphere. Unless you're THIS woman, of course. It'd be kind of handy to be able to wear summer clothes in the winter.

Wish I knew what she was saying. Does she really not feel the cold?  Crazy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RonC said:

Wish I knew what she was saying. Does she really not feel the cold?  Crazy!

Use the captions (CC button on YouTube), and have them auto-translate to English (gear icon next to CC).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her name is Galina Koutereva. I learned Russian a long time ago in California as I was a linguist in a past life. She basically doesn't feel the cold like most people and just dresses the way she wants. If one think about it so many people don't necessarily dress the way they want irrespective of temperature rather they parrot what they see around them. Most people who live where it snows regularly or even occasionally may well feel a chill in short sleeves at 50F/10C but not ALL of them. I have walked barefoot in the snow many times but this may be due to some First Nations blood, ties to Canada, or just my individual chemistry. Closing in on 60 years of age I have no more sensibility to cold now than I had in my 20's. I think that may be this woman's case. Paradoxically I tolerate very high temperatures as well. I did some painting earlier this year at my wife's family home in Mexicali as the temperature reached 115F/45C in the shade wearing only a moistened bandana in addition to regular pants and a tee shirt. Galina's resistance to the cold may well be a news story but it is just normal for her. That's my view. HappyinHeels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea how I happened to find Galina Kuteryeva (several different transliterations are out there) on Youtube, perhaps it was because of high heels. In addition to wearing summer clothes all winter, she always seems to wear high heeled sandals with nearly everything, at least in her internet persona, if indeed that's what it is. I find this rather encouraging because she is closing in on 60 as well, and pulls off the short shorts and short dresses quite easily and naturally, giving me some hope that I don't look completely absurd as long as I keep myself in reasonably good shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's October 10, and I'm still wearing shorts and heels. I'm no Galina Kuteryeva, though. Temps are supposed to dip into the 30s in just a couple of days, and that may prove to be my limit, both temperature-wise and attention wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WX newsreported today that your area is experiencing sever winter weather at the moment.  Having lived a winter or two in the middle west myself, I Wouldn’t recommend shorts and flip flops. ;-)

Edited by Bubba136

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those of us that wear shorts and heels wear them till the bitter end.  I'm still wearing shorts and heels. Hope to for another week or two, then switch to shorts and knee highs before long pants. Deny winter as long as possible!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

WX newsreported today that your area is experiencing sever winter weather at the moment.  Having lived a winter or two in the middle west myself, I Wouldn’t recommend shorts and flip flops. ;-)

Looking at the weather app on my phone before heading off to work, I do see that we've a chance for snow this morning. However, I don't really expect it to amount to much, since it's 40º right now. The high winds that are supposed to kick up later on today will be more problematic. Still not winter, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cali said:

Those of us that wear shorts and heels wear them till the bitter end.  I'm still wearing shorts and heels. Hope to for another week or two, then switch to shorts and knee highs before long pants. Deny winter as long as possible!

Going for my mani/pedi in just a bit, it is 28 F right now here in the Inland Northwest. Maybe I’m getting less resilient as I get older, but the idea of being out in shorts and flip-flops is not too appealing at the moment!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Logjam said:

Going for my mani/pedi in just a bit, it is 28 F right now here in the Inland Northwest. Maybe I’m getting less resilient as I get older, but the idea of being out in shorts and flip-flops is not too appealing at the moment!

I finally broke today. It was the wind that did it. Mid 30s for a temperature (0 - +5º C), and a 30 mph wind took the fight away from me, and I put on long pants and a jacket. Still wore sandals for a brief run to the grocery store, but opted for closed-toed shoes when I had to make a run to Des Moines, the nearby capital city of Iowa. It's still a very long walk if you're broken down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

October is one of the nicest months here on the coast. We are still in the high 70's low 80's, depend how close to the ocean you are. Chilly in the mornings and nights though.

I hoping for 3 more weeks of shorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cali said:

October is one of the nicest months here on the coast. We are still in the high 70's low 80's, depend how close to the ocean you are. Chilly in the mornings and nights though.

I hoping for 3 more weeks of shorts.

Oh shut up....lol.  We midwesterners are not so fortunate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel for you midwesterners as I sit here in the sun (not really).  A Colorado ski resort opened up this weekend. Thinking of giving up my shorts for skis next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With temperatures in the 90's today, it's still short season here on the edge of the Pacific. So I channeled my inner Elvis and wore my blue suede knee high boots to work, with blue shorts and a blue shirt.

This outfit - shorts and boots -  is one that I stress over going out in public since it is obvious I am wearing heels. But it is also a very fun outfit to pull off. I wish I had the guts to wear this type of outfit more often than I do. I love showing my knee high boots (and my legs).

I had a middle aged black woman stop me to tell me she loved the outfit especially the boots. And in the same breath told me she loves to wear heels but can only for 2 or 3 hours- how do you do it?

bootshorts.jpg

This picture was taken after a 14 hour day.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cali, as the weather gets colder, have you considered bundling up on top, but continuing to wear shorts down to a lower temperature? I like to call it the "Korean" look, since you see this so commonly over there. I like the idea of doing that, but the reality is that my legs get cold faster than my torso and arms, so I would rather wear short sleeves with long pants, comfort-wise.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually have a hoodie on when it cools down, and have worn a down jacket with shorts. I'm crazy enough to do it. I had my leopard print hoodie on with shorts last week.

@mlroseplant with temps here in the 90's, there has been no need for that this week. Knee high boots keep your legs warm too.  However, I work until 8:30 at night, so when it gets cold, it's even colder at night.  Those shorts above are some of my longest shorts I wear now. (I have much longer men's shorts, but I rarely wear them.) Today I have 3 inch shorts on, going kayaking before my manicure.

I don't mind long pants and have have some new items I want to start wearing, most notable my leopard print sherpa - its so soft. I'm trying to break away from the male monochrome look of shades of blues, blacks and grays.  I have been buying more colorful heels too. Looking for a purple croc pattern boots now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 8:45 AM, Cali said:

With temperatures in the 90's today, it's still short season here on the edge of the Pacific. So I channeled my inner Elvis and wore my blue suede knee high boots to work, with blue shorts and a blue shirt.

This outfit - shorts and boots -  is one that I stress over going out in public since it is obvious I am wearing heels. But it is also a very fun outfit to pull off. I wish I had the guts to wear this type of outfit more often than I do. I love showing my knee high boots (and my legs).

I had a middle aged black woman stop me to tell me she loved the outfit especially the boots. And in the same breath told me she loves to wear heels but can only for 2 or 3 hours- how do you do it?

bootshorts.jpg

This picture was taken after a 14 hour day.

I Like the boots!

 

On 10/23/2019 at 6:25 PM, Cali said:

Today I have 3 inch shorts on, going kayaking before my manicure.

Are those eve considered shorts ;-) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jeremy1986 said:

Are those even considered shorts ;-) 

I, like @mlroseplant, like shorts that are short, not the capris they sale as shorts for men. So yes @jeremy1986, they are sold as shorts so they are indeed shorts. The shorts in the picture are some of my longest shorts now, they are even "cargo shorts".  I also have 2 inch and 0" inch shorts (aka bikini bottoms).  Some websites sale their shorts by the inch (Nike for one).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 4:47 PM, fashionablefun said:

Inspired by this photo, I put this exact outfit together. I had on Jessica Simpson pumps, white pants, stripped shirt and blazer. I went shopping for a new TV. In 45 minutes of discussing OLED, QLED, 4K, 8K, etc,, etc., there was certainly no mention of my attire, although it would have been impossible to miss. 

Here's a photo of my own outfit, inspired by @kneehighs photo. I not only went shopping for a new TV in it, but later I went to the mall and, shopped around. Had lunch in the food court, which at the time was full of high school kids. As with looking for TV's, there was no comment on my attire at either location. I believe if you look good and have confidence, it all looks pretty logical. (BTW, the photo is recent, but the shopping was before Labor Day). 

J White Lean.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using High Heel Place, you agree to our Terms of Use.