Heels and shorts

Jkrenzer

Just finished 18 holes. Wife wanted me to pick up subway on the way home. Obviously i couldn't wear my golf shoes and didn't want to put my work pants back so in i went. Love the feeling, hardly the 1st time with shorts on but still a rush. Stopped at the smoke shop for a couple logs for the July 4th holiday. While in there i received a great "how are you doing" by another customer that i know i don't get except for the heels and obvious lack of concern about how i looked. I expect many more outings like this. Unlike many here i love heels even more so in a casual setting.  Maybe me, but women and men in casual attire and stilettos is even sexier than in full blown formal wear. 

20190702_194143_resized.jpg

• Like 9

Nice to see that your heels and shorts match @Jkrenzer. Heels and shorts are my late spring to early fall work uniform. I have worn heels and shorts every day to work since I return from my vacation except one day when I worn long pants (and heels). And I wear short shorts. A women mentioned last week that I show a lot of leg. Then another woman comment that she wish she had legs like mine so she could show them.

Shorts and knee high boots are a fun way to mix things up.  :giggle:

Warning:  The Surgeon General has determined that there is no way to hide your heels when you wear shorts (or a mini skirt).

• Like 2

Ordinarily I don’t wear pumps with shorts.  My wife convinced me years ago to wear sandals, either with heels or wedges, with shorts.  Which I’ve been doing for years.

• Like 3

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

3 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

JKrenzer,

Nice story. I have to ask is that colour fairly close to Tarheel blue?? It's the first thing I thought of. Keep enjoying your heels as I can see you're having a ball! HinH

The shoes are a light grey. The picture does look blue. I had on tan shorts and a light grey golf shirt.

Heels and shorts have long been a favorite combination of mine, since before I started heeling. Unfortunately, up until the last 10 years or so, such a combination has almost universally been thought of by the general public as being very trashy, with the one exception of Catherine Bach on the TV series "The Dukes of Hazzard." For some reason, her outfits seemed to be accepted as just part of her character, but were certainly NOT emulated by girls in real life, at least not in my town. Short shorts, yes. Heels, yes. But never at the same time, ever, unless you were looking to be labelled.

Then suddenly, about 10 years ago or so, it rather suddenly became acceptable, and I want to say the trend really came from Asia. In 2007, I remember being somewhat surprised (not to mention pleased) to see shorts with heels everywhere in Vietnam, Thailand, and Korea as everyday wear (i.e., not clubbing clothes). Asians seemed to be able to pull off this look when white girls couldn't. Over the next few years, the trend became somewhat mainstream here in the U.S. Don't get me wrong, it's not like you see girls wearing heels with shorts all the time, but when you do, it's not like sighting a unicorn. At a bar on Friday night, or even at a summer outdoor town event such as a farmers' market,  you are almost sure to see several heels with shorts combos, whereas you wouldn't have 10 years ago.

As for my personal taste, I have only tried pumps one time with shorts, just as an experiment. For clubbing, this seems to be the shoe of choice for younger women. I'm not crazy about it, I'd much rather wear.  .  . you guessed it.  .  . open toed mules with my shorts. I have to admit, most of my shorts are obviously in the feminine style, being extremely short and tight. I think my wife is relieved every year when cold weather comes back to Iowa. I do have one pair of longer shorts (maybe 6 or 7" inseams). Those are for practicing the organ. Do you know how painful it is when you legs stick to a wooden organ bench? Not to mention you can't really move properly to play.

Here is a photo of my shorts with pumps experiment:

Shortswithpumps.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

indeed @mlroseplant - a very good look there! 

10 hours ago, Bubba136 said:

Ordinarily I don’t wear pumps with shorts.  My wife convinced me years ago to wear sandals, either with heels or wedges, with shorts.  Which I’ve been doing for years.

Words to live by! 

• Like 1

Morning trip to both the home depot and loews for supplies in my shodazzle mules. Stopped at a coffee shop first. So liberating to go full out heels and shorts.

Happy 4th everyone. 

20190704_074847_resized.jpg

11 hours ago, pebblesf said:

You have nice long legs, I think you look great in that outfit....Wish I could pull it off...

I assume that this comment is directed at me and not Joe, if for no other reason than that the angle of his photograph would make such an assessment very difficult. I thank you for the compliment, but I'm afraid I have pulled a bit of a fast one on you. My legs are actually very short (29" inseam), and I can't buy any long pants off the rack. It's lucky, as I have said before, that my bestie is a tailor by profession, and is progressive enough to give good advice on how to tailor my clothing in a way that is flattering with heels. She is also a huge fan of high heels with shorts, and wears that combo often.

The trick I have employed here is one that has been shared in many a fashion magazine, and that is for us short-legged people to wear 'em short! That way, there is nothing to interrupt the visual line from upper thigh to foot. That, paired with the neutral shoes, creates the illusion of length. And, like I said, it is total illusion, because the length just isn't there. I'm glad to know this strategy actually works! I tried capris once, because I thought it was a cute look, but they look totally ridiculous on me because of my lack of leg, being as they cut the visual line basically right in half.

I just got back from an early walk on this wonderfully calm Independence Day morning, after heavy thunderstorms last night, and decided to snap this rather terrible, but illustrative photo. These are true cutoffs, made by myself from some No Boundaries jeans from the juniors section of Walmart. Size 5, in case anybody is curious. Unfortunately, I didn't take into account the fact that they are not super tight around my thighs, and I cut them off a little too short. They are OK if I never have to sit down, so they're good walking shorts, being somewhat stretchy. Otherwise, they show things that ought not to be shown, and completely ignoring the prudishness factor, it's just not attractive in any way. Keep this in mind if you're creating shorts out of long pants! Shown here with True Religion mules.

NoBoundariesCutoffs.PNG

4 minutes ago, Jkrenzer said:

Morning trip to both the home depot and loews for supplies in my shodazzle mules. Stopped at a coffee shop first. So liberating to go full out heels and shorts.

Happy 4th everyone. 

20190704_074847_resized.jpg

I see that there are at least two of us who are busy already this morning! Well, make that three. We know for a fact that JeffB is already up and running. Happy Independence Day!

Here are some more practical shorts, created for me by my tailor friend. They have a 4 inch inseam. I played many a tennis match in shorts this length (but not this style) back in the 80s. 

IMG_0654.PNG

• Like 2

This morning I stopped by the local grocery for a quick run for coffee grounds. These are my 5.25 inch domina's.

These have a very classic click when walking.

Joe

20190705_080516_resized.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jkrenzer said:

This morning I stopped by the local grocery for a quick run for coffee grounds. These are my 5.25 inch domina's.

These have a very classic click when walking.

Joe

I dunno, every time I buy coffee I can't help but think of the 1991 Randy Travis song "Better Class of Losers."

I need friends who don't pay their bills on home computers
And who buy their coffee beans already ground

'Course, that was a long time ago, but I do pay all my bills on a home computer (kind of a quaint term), and I do buy whole bean coffee. What have I become?

On another note, I don't get how you guys walk around in >5 inch shoes with no platform. I suppose if I put my mind to it, I could practice a lot and do it, but it's certainly not something I can do right now, even with years of experience. I'm not jealous, but I'm intrigued.

Sorry fellas, but even I wear golf shoes at the course. Did shoot an 85, for me a bit better than usual. Hard to get past a tripple boggie on the1st hole, ortherwise a good outing. 

20190705_172945_resized.jpg

Ah so much better now.

Forgot to add  the pucture.

20190705_201715_resized.jpg

That is awesome Jkrenzer!  Really awesome.

I really do not like wearing pants.  Especially jeans.  I have, however, always held back from wearing shorts with my heels because I don't want to shave my legs.  I have seen it a many times where a guy posts a picture of himself wearing heels and folks advise him to shave his legs and I kind of got the impression that we shouldn't be out there in heels without shaved legs. Looking at the fabulous pictures you have posted has me leaning towards actually doing going out in shorts and heels.  Heck, I would love to wear some of my new wedges with shorts during these hot summer months.

I have to go into downtown Sacramento here in the next couple weeks.  I might just do it... Hairy legs and all.

• Like 1

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

1 hour ago, AZShoeNut said:

I have to go into downtown Sacramento here in the next couple weeks.  I might just do it... Hairy legs and all.

I have worn heels with my shorts many times to Sacramento. Had lunch at a downtown brewery several times.

AzShoeNut,

I'm sitting here in my Daisy Duke shorts as I spent a while cutting grass. My legs are always smooth. Swimmers don't like lots of body hair. I love my wedges but don't have any plans to go into the big city. I am planning to go to our land in far northern Wisconsin Different environment but I could still wear both. HinH

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HappyinHeels said:

AzShoeNut,

I'm sitting here in my Daisy Duke shorts as I spent a while cutting grass. My legs are always smooth. Swimmers don't like lots of body hair. I love my wedges but don't have any plans to go into the big city. I am planning to go to our land in far northern Wisconsin Different environment but I could still wear both. HinH

Although I love my shorts, I never wear them while mowing. Of course, all of our equipment is walk-behind, as we've made a business of mowing small lawns with small lawn mowers that the big lawn care companies won't touch. Perhaps you may be on a tractor or ZTR, that would be different. I was reminded of the reason for my rule the other night when I had finally figured out why one of our string trimmers was not running very well. I went to test it out, that's right TEST it, not actually use it, and I wound up flinging some debris into my leg, and it left little marks that lasted a week! Not attractive. And that is why I don't wear shorts when mowing. Part safety, part vanity.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cali said:

I have worn heels with my shorts many times to Sacramento. Had lunch at a downtown brewery several times.

Perhaps we’ll have to get a cup of coffee sometime. I live about 30-45 minutes north of Sac. Let me know if/when you’re headed this way. 

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

I don't get up to Sacramento very much any more, my friend died of cancer. But I do go up to South Shore and North Shore once in a while. But there's no Costa in Sacramento.

Back on topic.

Returned the Jessica Simpson Dany today, then went looking around the mall at other shoe stores. When to Steve Madden and the sale associate told me nothing new in the styles I like but new boots were coming in in the next two weeks. Picked up some gel cushions at Aldo and walk thru the Macy's shoe department.  Almost tried on some Michael Kors but decided not to.

Wear my Steve Madden Manners - chestnut and shorts. Just love wearing these heels.

STEVEMADDEN-DRESS_MANNER_CHESTNUT-SUEDE_SIDE.jpg

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

mlroseplant,

I was on my Cub Cadet tractor when I was cutting grass. Thing works great and will even cut backwards going in reverse up and over our septic mound which is 100 feet long, 75 feet wide and 6-8 feet high depending on what side you're on. These mounds are very common in Wisconsin.

Cali,

Sorry to hear you had to return the JS Dany sandals. They were extremely popular about 6 years ago and I had to try a number of places before I found them in size 11. The day I posted to you I happened to check the zappos site and they only one pair in leopard print left so this shoe is again very popular. HinH

Wore these ankle boots in the clubhouse after playing 18 holes yesterday. On the way out was stopped by a stranger who said " you must have a sexy unbrella too." I smiled and thanked him even i really didn't understand if it was a compliment or not. Sometimes older men equate umbrellas with sissyness. However i didn't care and thanking him may have thrown him off. Also stopped at the local grocery near our vacation spot to get beer and a couple gallons of water. Carried out 2 cases of beer and 2 gallons of water while working it in 5inch heels. So much fun.

20190716_101319_resized.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1