New shoe stretcher

So, after poking around Amazon I decided to try the Forme shoe shaper. I'll let you know if this works, seems to be better then the old style wooden ones I used to try. You slide the stretcher into the toe area and run the slider down to add pressure outward. 

product1_1024x.jpg

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

Let me know if it works, my Fryes are a bit too small.  And, I have a pair of "Charlie horse boots" that are size 9s...I can get them on my feet, but they are impossible to walk in, which is so frustrating...Would love to stretch them out a bit...

So, a no go for boots. They stretch the toe area fine, but I need the widest ‘around the ball of the foot’ area opened up to prevent a compressed nerve issue I get. I now have them in a pair of patent Anouk’s who’s toe box is so tight I cannot wear them for any period of time.

E5C7380D-AA59-453A-B186-498DB80A4691.jpeg

(formerly known as "JimC")

If I may ask, what is the advantage of the sliding actuator on this stretcher vs. the screw-type featured on most shoe stretchers, high heeled or otherwise? I've had ok luck with shoe stretchers, but I've had just as much luck wetting the shoes down heavily, then wearing them until they dry. I guess this wouldn't work well with suede, would it?