Unhiding my heels

hiddenheels

On 2/13/2023 at 10:40 AM, Shyheels said:

It never ceases to amaze me that people seem to think they can make loud sarcastic comments about somebody elses look or manner of dress.  

Negative comments are usually from the most frustated individuals, or perhaps women that might be feeling a little insecure in projecting their sexuality.  

• 2 weeks later...

On 10/22/2019 at 3:27 PM, SF said:

Another suggestion, have a story ready in case someone asks why the heck are you wearing high heels?  The (very) few times I have been asked, I tell them that I got the heels to wear to a charity event (true), and enjoyed wearing the shoes, now why let then moulder away in a closet somewhere when they can be used for a good purpose and I mention the name of the charity as well. 

I have to admit that when i did my little Convenience store adventure I was going to mention "A mile in her shoes" if challenged. Then wondered if I had the effrontery to reply with "Why not?"

• Like 1

It has been many years since somebody actually asked "why," and I usually answered as briefly as possible, "because I like them." Nowadays, the two main things strangers say, as noted by several others above, are "How do you walk in those/I can't believe you can walk in those" and some version of "I really like your shoes."

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

It has been many years since somebody actually asked "why," and I usually answered as briefly as possible, "because I like them." Nowadays, the two main things strangers say, as noted by several others above, are "How do you walk in those/I can't believe you can walk in those" and some version of "I really like your shoes."

I get those two questions too along with the statement "I really like your shoes."

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 12:45 PM, pebblesf said:

No one has ever come out and said the "why" to me, they have only asked if they were hard to walk in.  I usually reply they are fairly easy to walk in and are comfortable. 

I have to be very careful when someone brings up that subject, as to whether they are actually interested, or whether they are just idly curious. I suppose I should say something humorous like, "The jury is still out on that. I'll let you know the verdict by the time I get back home." and just see what happens. Usually, however, I am going about my business, thinking of something completely different, and I don't think of these clever things on the spot. Not until it's about 30 seconds too late, anyway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlroseplant said:

I have to be very careful when someone brings up that subject, as to whether they are actually interested, or whether they are just idly curious. I suppose I should say something humorous like, "The jury is still out on that. I'll let you know the verdict by the time I get back home." and just see what happens. Usually, however, I am going about my business, thinking of something completely different, and I don't think of these clever things on the spot. Not until it's about 30 seconds too late, anyway.

For sure!  I am usually a bit stunned when someone gives me a compliment, but am getting better at trying to respond and engage

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pebblesf said:

I have had two guys compliment me like this, very gratifying indeed

I only remember one compliment from a guy. He said he needed a pair of the heeled timberlands I was wearing.

• Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

On 3/2/2023 at 3:18 AM, mlroseplant said:

This. No "why"s, just compliments. But almost always, nothing. All the worried I had were only in my head.

1 hour ago, Cali said:

Timberland is a brand.  @spikesmike you probaly never heard of them because they don't make stilettos. It's just too tough to hike in stilettos.

There are these, however, which appear to have been made under the 'Timbaland' [note spelling] label; 13.5cm heel and 3cm platform.

Just the job for Mike to wear for a stroll in the country.

image.thumb.png.bf11e812fcd5dcb244dba131d8f3484c.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Puffer said:

There are these, however, which appear to have been made under the 'Timbaland' [note spelling] label; 13.5cm heel and 3cm platform.

Must be designed for the urban jubgle.

I’d be deeply distrustful of the quality of anything coming from a company calling itself Timbaland. I suspect all of the effort there would have gone into coming up with the misleading name.

Edited by Shyheels

On 3/4/2023 at 3:38 PM, Puffer said:

I have been looking for a pair of boots just like these. Anyone have any idea where I can find them?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2023 at 6:54 PM, Cali said:

Do these work for you?

Thanks,

I forgot about the Pleaser boots. I don't like the price, but I know Pleaser will fit my feet comfortably.

I never saw the Onlymakers before, but for some reason I can not wear them. They just don't fit my feet. Although i like the look of them better.

Edited by Pumped
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Oops, went Christmas shopping and forgot to hide my heels! :(

20231222_120546s.thumb.jpg.e9c396d21004ce601ff8f2c818bf5405.jpg

[it's a skirt]

Was wondering around the plaza for about 3 hours. No one said a word, although I saw some people do double-takes. Heels are 4.5".

Edited by hiddenheels
  • Like 6