Heels venues in London

crw321

Just an educated guess here but how about the entire city?? London strikes me as does New York City. The scale is so enormous that one person with 4" block heels or 6" stiletto heels just melts into the myriad of the people and styles and activity swirling around you. The sidewalks are so bustling with people it is difficult to look down and even appreciate what anyone is wearing. The best way to gain the acceptance (and subsequent comfort) you seek is to wear what you want and show confidence everywhere you go. Confidence fuels success and successful people fuel creativity and get things done. So get out there and greet London on YOUR terms. You'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. HinH

Shyheels said what I was typing but, since he's a journalist, he types a hell of a lot faster!

Edited by HappyinHeels
add something
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

As a Londoner I'd say there are some of the outer areas where you'd be noticed. Some of the rougher areas might be a bit iffy. But then these areas can be unpleasant regardless of who you are and what you're wearing. If you're just visiting London then you aren't likely to be going to those areas unless you know people there.

• Like 1

Thanks for useful comments. I'm actually around London alot so agree with outer areas & mingling in busy areas. I just wondered if there were a specific pub where  i might bump into heeled guys. I'd be keen to me guys who wear 4 inch heel ankle boots. I'm not too daring though!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crw321 said:

Thanks for useful comments. I'm actually around London alot so agree with outer areas & mingling in busy areas. I just wondered if there were a specific pub where  i might bump into heeled guys. I'd be keen to me guys who wear 4 inch heel ankle boots. I'm not too daring though!

Haha, good luck with that! Although I have never been to London, I have been publicly heeling for over 7 years, and I have yet to run into another guy wearing substantial heels (over 2").

Other than that, welcome to the site! We are not quite unicorns, but we're close. In all reality, you don't really have to be all that daring to wear heels just about anywhere, certainly not the ones pictured in your initial post. I would think that in London, or any larger Western city for that matter, you will go quite unbothered just about anywhere. Just stand up straight and smile!

• Like 2

Your chances of meeting another guy in heels in London (or anyone else) is pretty small. Unless you are going to fancy dress (inclduing Rocky Horror screenings) or CD/TV/fetish events.

Not sure where I've seen this, but have heard that some gay venues (where you might think there are more guys in heels) have felt unwelcoming, verging on hostile.

Edited by at9

London is easy going.  But would you wear your heels at Heathrow Airport?

FYI - I'll be in that are on July 12 with some time in the early afternoon.  Sur some time for heeling

Airports are the most secure place for wearing high heels. People are busy.the floor is not uneven. The security is at its highest level. 

Never had any bad moment in such places. But I am talking of Europe and North America. I wouldn't wear heels in a country where  religion tells the people how to behave.I did it in China.Only hotels and airport.

And surprisingly never in gay venues. I stupidly thought that a man in heels would be better accepted there. Big mistake! 

• Like 2

I agree with everything people have said, just be yourself and act natural and show confidence, it’s really not that difficult, i also don’t think gay bars are a good idea, gay men don’t nessaserily wear heels and i think they might feel insulted by a straight male coming in wearing heels possibly suggesting that it’s normal attire for gay men, i may be wrong but that’s the impression i got when i tried it and to be honest, never again. The chances of you meeting another male in heels is slim unless it’s someone from on here of course so just wear yours because you want to and not specifically to try and find others wearing them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, at9 said:

As a Londoner I'd say there are some of the outer areas where you'd be noticed. Some of the rougher areas might be a bit iffy. But then these areas can be unpleasant regardless of who you are and what you're wearing. If you're just visiting London then you aren't likely to be going to those areas unless you know people there.

I agree with this quote.  From my end, London is more about where you can't wear heels as opposed to where you can.   

London is the city the original heel meets back in 2002 started in.  

I think my 40 or so visits there confirm the ease with which you can wear heels there: Soho, Leicester Square, buses, trains +

Edited by kneehighs

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:02 AM, crw321 said:

Only been out once in London (central) in heels back in January briefly and posted my experience here . I'm from Tottenham but wouldn't dare wear them there. I've been quite busy since then, so its been hard to make time to build on the little momentum i initially had. But not a day goes by i don't think about wearing heels and flats in public. hopping to get out this summer at night just to ease into it again, now I've finished uni. 

Edited by Kjones92