Western inspired fashion - my old fashion love

Arctic

The brain goes in mysterious ways sometimes. I have developed a liking for female fashion through western inspired footwear - go figure.

When I was young, I already liked western boots, and when I figured out that women's western boots had higher heels than men's, the obvious thing happened. More heel more better, right?

Every so often, cowboy boots inspire mainstream fashion, and when it does, it still tickles an itch. Around 2012 or so, Nine West had a thing with the western theme. They also tried a more premium less polished brand, "Vintage America", which of course involved western boots. That experiment produced two styles, which I've been luckily enough to both collect, but it has taken a lot of time and money. 

The cleanest cut is the black "Comete" bootie, of which I removed the buckle. I like is more "elegant". They sport a true 5" heel, and I have a 1/4" heel pad added to them, giving an effective 5 1/4" height. They have to be my tallest non-platform heels. 

The hottest, I think, is the "Creepin" style - the knee-high one. The color is a bit weird, between tan, brown, beige, grey, nude. Whatever that means. But it works on the boot. The shaft is tall and hugs my calves nicely. I like the look, the picture is of myself just last week - I took it to send to my girlfriend.

The least successful style is "Claret", the brownish ankle bootie. It is made on the same last as "Comete", but the leather is not as nice as either Comete or Creepin.

nine west comete.jpg

kate-ciepluch-nine-west-vintage-america-collection-creepin-boots.jpg

nine west claret.jpg

creepin shrunk 2.jpg

• Like 6

What's all the fuss about?

1 hour ago, Arctic said:

The brain goes in mysterious ways sometimes. I have developed a liking for female fashion through western inspired footwear - go figure.

When I was young, I already liked western boots, and when I figured out that women's western boots had higher heels than men's, the obvious thing happened. More heel more better, right?

Every so often, cowboy boots inspire mainstream fashion, and when it does, it still tickles an itch. Around 2012 or so, Nine West had a thing with the western theme. 

I arrived here by way of western boots as well.  It’s not all that mysterious if you think about it.  Cowboy boots and even heels are, at the roots, male fashion.  One day I happened to pick up a pair with 2.4” heels and got hooked on the idea of going higher.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Arctic said:

Every so often, cowboy boots inspire mainstream fashion, and when it does, it still tickles an itch. Around 2012 or so, Nine West had a thing with the western theme. They also tried a more premium less polished brand, "Vintage America", which of course involved western boots. That experiment produced two styles, which I've been luckily enough to both collect, but it has taken a lot of time and money. 

The cleanest cut is the black "Comete" bootie, of which I removed the buckle. I like is more "elegant". They sport a true 5" heel, and I have a 1/4" heel pad added to them, giving an effective 5 1/4" height. They have to be my tallest non-platform heels. 

The hottest, I think, is the "Creepin" style - the knee-high one. The color is a bit weird, between tan, brown, beige, grey, nude. Whatever that means. But it works on the boot. The shaft is tall and hugs my calves nicely. I like the look, the picture is of myself just last week - I took it to send to my girlfriend.

The least successful style is "Claret", the brownish ankle bootie. It is made on the same last as "Comete", but the leather is not as nice as either Comete or Creepin.

nine west comete.jpg

kate-ciepluch-nine-west-vintage-america-collection-creepin-boots.jpg

nine west claret.jpg

creepin shrunk 2.jpg

Love all of these, all right up my street to be fair 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jeremy1986 said:

Some great looking boots. Love the last picture

Oh thank you, here is a larger version of that picture

creepin shrunk 3.jpg

Edit, quality does not turn out to be that much better. Sorry 

Edited by Arctic