Stuart Weitzman Hyper - my hottest non-stiletto

Arctic

I'm not sure if Stuart Weitzman shoes are considered "designer", but for my pocketbook they are "too expensive to make sense" so I'm giving them a pass.

These are a 2015-2016 model, and I love them mostly because they have a tall shaft, right up to under my knee, and are a superb fit for my 160lbs legs. Body weight, not the detached limb [rolleyes]. 

What makes them special is that I find them elegant, yet they manage to achieve that without a stiletto heel. I wear stilettos 4 days a week or so, and sometimes I feel like something else.

I bought them at retail at Bloomingdales, which wasn't a painless experience, but I am really happy that I did. They are listed on amazon as a 4.25" heel, but those have to be metric inches, because they definitely feel like 5-inchers. Perhaps they were measured one a size 4.

Stuart Weitzman Womens Hyper KneeHigh Boot 56550_7.jpg

stuart-weitzman-stuart-weitzman-hyper-pointed-toe-leather-knee-bo.jpg

stuart-weitzman-stuart-weitzman-hyper-pointed-toe-leather-knee-bo2.jpg

• Like 7

What's all the fuss about?

17 hours ago, Arctic said:

I'm not sure if Stuart Weitzman shoes are considered "designer", but for my pocketbook they are "too expensive to make sense" so I'm giving them a pass.

These are a 2015-2016 model, and I love them mostly because they have a tall shaft, right up to under my knee, and are a superb fit for my 160lbs legs. Body weight, not the detached limb [rolleyes]. 

What makes them special is that I find them elegant, yet they manage to achieve that without a stiletto heel. I wear stilettos 4 days a week or so, and sometimes I feel like something else.

I bought them at retail at Bloomingdales, which wasn't a painless experience, but I am really happy that I did. They are listed on amazon as a 4.25" heel, but those have to be metric inches, because they definitely feel like 5-inchers. Perhaps they were measured one a size 4.

Stuart Weitzman Womens Hyper KneeHigh Boot 56550_7.jpg

stuart-weitzman-stuart-weitzman-hyper-pointed-toe-leather-knee-bo.jpg

stuart-weitzman-stuart-weitzman-hyper-pointed-toe-leather-knee-bo2.jpg

Well, these boots are right up my alley also, thanks for pointing them out!  I'm not worried about elegance or designer aspects, just that they appeal to me....I wear my stiletto boots quite a bit, the heel tips have already been replaced twice.   So, this heel design appeals to me because it looks powerful, and is rugged as well....

On 6/18/2019 at 7:29 AM, pebblesf said:

Well, these boots are right up my alley also, thanks for pointing them out!  I'm not worried about elegance or designer aspects, just that they appeal to me....I wear my stiletto boots quite a bit, the heel tips have already been replaced twice.

If money/convenience were no object, I would probably wear stilettos a lot more. For the same reason you mentioned, I only wear stilettos on special occasions nowadays. I mean, the occasion doesn't have to be that special, but I don't wear them out and about normally simply because I get tired of constantly replacing heels. Even with hard rubber tips, I only get about 6 to 8 miles out of a stiletto tip, compared to 40 or 50 miles out of a heel like the one pictured above.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mlroseplant said:

Even with hard rubber tips, I only get about 6 to 8 miles out of a stiletto tip, compared to 40 or 50 miles out of a heel like the one pictured above.

Ouch - another reason I won’t even go there.  6-8 miles would be only 2 days of wear for me!

• Like 1