Heels and not being homosexual

I was in Cologne a few days ago. 

Booked a room in a hotel in the gay district. All employees seemed to be gay. My aim was to have a drink in one of these "only men bar "wearing gentle 5" Cuban heels  

When the receptionist at the check in counter saw my shoes, he suddenly behave weird. Not really friendly. 

Same when I order a beer in a bar that was looking ok. Only guys there,normal clothes. I left 10 minutes later  

I felt as an unaccepted stranger or a spy with no  cover. 

Very disappointing. 

A nice end : breakfast place in the morning,same shoes on my feet. The waiter,Asian male said: ' i love your shoes' 

I finally left with a better feeling. 

• Like 1

There seems to be a misconception that gay men are universally accepting of heels or freestyle dressing, but that’s not the case. There are a lot of gay guys who get offended by a guy doing anything feminine. Some go as far as being very anti woman.

You might be physically safe in a gay neighborhood (unless someone’s there to beat up gays and goes after you), but don’t expect everyone to celebrate crossing gender lines.

• Like 4

(formerly known as "JimC")

You might be right. 

I have heard that a guy wearing heels hasn't been accepted in a gay club because it was an ´only men' place and has been considered as too feminine. 

So: men in heels are still lonely any place they go. 

• Like 1

Definitely dated men who weren't into it, as well as women who weren't. Some people like the traditional "Man" image, some people are quite small minded regardless of their orientation, and still others are jerks irrespective of situation. 

• Like 2

Heels in general have nothing to do with sexual orientation. I consider myself hetero, i do have many gay friends and get more or less the same reactions either way. I have been with 2 men in casual experimental encounters that I didn't hate but don't miss either. In both cases though it was the footwear that created the encounter. We both were heelers experimenting.

• Like 1

I imagine next time you will book a hotel room in a "straight" district??  sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

• 3 years later...

Straight, married guy here and I wear heels most every day, and sometimes even pair them with a simple dress.  The three "C's." Casual, Comfy and Cool - especially on a warm summers day...

Smile....   sf

Edited by SF

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"